Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Pics Of U!

[quote name='shampion' post='273289' date='Oct 25 2008, 03:45 PM']Me and my new Baby!!
:thbup:

[img]http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v342/179/77/593481637/n593481637_1386981_4877.jpg[/img][/quote]

Does it corner or only go in straight line, as all american cars until lasts vettes?

Challenger only goes in a straight line, but that's what it was made to do, and that's what makes it cool. So don't diss it.

ZR1 isn't the only one that can corner; CTS-V was fastest around the Ring for four-door sedans, beating those pussy German cars like M5 :P

Challenger only goes in a straight line, but that's what it was made to do, and that's what makes it cool. So don't diss it.

ZR1 isn't the only one that can corner; CTS-V was fastest around the Ring for four-door sedans, beating those pussy German cars like M5 :P

Well it took GM almost 100 years and near bankrupcy to develop a corner capable car... sorry 2 corner capable cars in their entire product range... not bad. :lol:

Well it took GM almost 100 years and near bankrupcy to develop a corner capable car... sorry 2 corner capable cars in their entire product range... not bad. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, but they didn't need to make corner-capable cars. That wasn't the American automotive consumer's desire.

But it doesn't matter now anyway. They're going under. $10 bil in federal aid will buy them 10-12 more months. And then what? Please sir, can I have some more?

As proven by Top Gear on Sunday!
CTS-V was fastest around the Ring for four-door sedans, beating those pussy German cars like M5 :P
Until the RS6 slaughters it :P !

But the RS6 isn't very attractive. It has rather bland lines and looks a tad bloated. I look at a CTS-V and I see BMW-killer all over it. I look at the RS6 and I see a couple of older, overweight blokes toddling around the streets of some blah town looking for a Starbucks.

Also, I don't know how much it will cost, but I guarantee it's a lot more than the $50k for a CTS-V.

I look at a CTS-V and think, Christ that's ugly.

About the Challenger, Camaro and so on. What's the point? Modern interpretation of a classic? Or a complete lack of new ideas.

I look at a CTS-V and think, Christ that's ugly.

About the Challenger, Camaro and so on. What's the point? Modern interpretation of a classic? Or a complete lack of new ideas.

In response to the Ford Mustang and it's sales, Ford hit a home run and now they are trying to follow.

What have Dodge done ith the Charger??? They've made it into a soft 4 door saloon instead of a shouty muscle car! @ Eric, the RS6 is

What have Dodge done ith the Charger??? They've made it into a soft 4 door saloon instead of a shouty muscle car! @ Eric, the RS6 is

But Mika, that means the RS6 is 3 times the price of the Caddy. Is it 3 times as good?

EDIT: due to Brucely intervention.

...........and the Challenger is just a reskined Charger, too bad I liked the original "B" body

A guy round these parts has a Charger. I like it. And he can get it fettled at the local Merc dealership.

But that means the RS6 is 3 times the price of the Caddy. Is it 3 times as good?

Doubt it, the Caddy/ Corvette pound for pound is a beast.

But Mika, that means the RS6 is 3 times the price of the Caddy. Is it 3 times as good?

EDIT: due to Brucely intervention.

I'd say twice!

:D What is all this bitching and moaning about? My car is better than your! :P

The best looking 'stang in my opinoin is Giugiaro designed. Man, you have to see it in flesh.

My advice..Buy the car that your heart says or a car that suits your life style. :rolleyes:

Don't worry what others say after you buy it as long as you love it..

Eric, you said you are waiting for the Alfa Mito, I am begining to like it actually. Especially the rear and the side, the front, I am still confused! :huh: Some times I like, sometimes I don't.

:lol: Yeah, but they didn't need to make corner-capable cars. That wasn't the American automotive consumer's desire.

But it doesn't matter now anyway. They're going under. $10 bil in federal aid will buy them 10-12 more months. And then what? Please sir, can I have some more?

All the 3 are in danger. Republican's aren't interested in giving the 25bil bailout. Dem's says they will pass it in Jan. Ford and GM have said they have money to lsat till about Q2 2009, after that CH 11 is teh worst option for them...

Doubt it, the Caddy/ Corvette pound for pound is a beast.

I agree with Bruce. CTS-V over RS6 anyday.

I'd say twice!

Drive both and give me a verdict then instead of your German fanboyism :P

(I'm just messing with you, I couldn't really give a damn which is better, I'll never get within a mile of either).

:D What is all this bitching and moaning about? My car is better than your! :P

The best looking 'stang in my opinoin is Giugiaro designed. Man, you have to see it in flesh.

My advice..Buy the car that your heart says or a car that suits your life style. :rolleyes:

Don't worry what others say after you buy it as long as you love it..

Eric, you said you are waiting for the Alfa Mito, I am begining to like it actually. Especially the rear and the side, the front, I am still confused! :huh: Some times I like, sometimes I don't.

I'm beginning to dislike it now that I've seen more angles, actually.

And I support saying no to the Europeanification of the design of the Stang. They have it perfect right now, so they shouldn't mess around with it too, too much. Other than making a 4-banger one for me :P

And I also think using the words "heart" and "love" when talking about cars is a bit "interesting." :P

(Then again, I've only had one non-Japanese car for daily transportation so I'd know nothing about enjoying your car).

All the 3 are in danger. Republican's aren't interested in giving the 25bil bailout. Dem's says they will pass it in Jan. Ford and GM have said they have money to lsat till about Q2 2009, after that CH 11 is teh worst option for them...

I feel dirty. I agree with the Repubs. ;)

I might blog on this, but I might not. I had some good views when I discussed it earlier with some non-forum people, but now I'm sick of talking politics and the economy. It's getting annoying when you can't do anything without it. You can't even come and talk racing without "oh this team and that sponsor and these races won't survive." I know, I know, it's happening but I'm sick of hearing about it already. It's all an overreaction, I mean, there are serious problems, but some people are going way too far right now. Thanks to the news, of course, who want you to believe the world is going to end tomorrow.

Okay, I'm good now, continue.

Gee, I feel un-American, on account I really like Impreza WRX STI 2007. And the Lancer Evo IV is still, I believe, the fastest 4 door sedan in the World...And I drove Charger and it felt like driving a locomotive on rails. You could literally feel that a##-end resisting your efforts on every turn. Gimmie 1986 Honda CRX SI any day...

I feel dirty. I agree with the Repubs. ;)

I might blog on this, but I might not. I had some good views when I discussed it earlier with some non-forum people, but now I'm sick of talking politics and the economy. It's getting annoying when you can't do anything without it. You can't even come and talk racing without "oh this team and that sponsor and these races won't survive." I know, I know, it's happening but I'm sick of hearing about it already. It's all an overreaction, I mean, there are serious problems, but some people are going way too far right now. Thanks to the news, of course, who want you to believe the world is going to end tomorrow.

Okay, I'm good now, continue.

I feel a bailout to hte auto industry has to be given, since they have created a pretense of bailing the banks, thousands of auto workers will be on the road if GM or Ford fail and that would lead an unmitigated disaster. Either bail the whole country out or none. Paulson decided the 1st route for his ex-company (Golman Sacs) and now there isn't a way out. ohh and did you here Paulson changed the plan, instead of buying the sub-prime mortages, he is now only usin ght money to buy stocks (aka nationalisation) i forgot America was against that...

Gee, I feel un-American, on account I really like Impreza WRX STI 2007. And the Lancer Evo IV is still, I believe, the fastest 4 door sedan in the World...And I drove Charger and it felt like driving a locomotive on rails. You could literally feel that a##-end resisting your efforts on every turn. Gimmie 1986 Honda CRX SI any day...

I wish I could buy an American car. I would love to buy an American car. BUT there aren't any I want that aren't too expensive (Vette, CTS-V) or bad on gas ('Stang, all of them suck on gas but that's the only one I'd want). So, I'll stick with paying the big tax on imports and helping the US waste money that way.

I had an older (2006 ish) Acura TSX for a day a little while back when my RSX was in for routine service, it's not a bad car at all. I don't think I'd ever consider owning one but it was pretty fun for a sedan. I think the best four-door I've driven was another 2006-ish Mazda6. Not sure what trim but it was pretty awesome. Mazda makes nice cars. I would love to drive the 400hp Tasca Mazdaspeed3 that's only sold at a dealer local to here.

I feel a bailout to hte auto industry has to be given, since they have created a pretense of bailing the banks, thousands of auto workers will be on the road if GM or Ford fail and that would lead an unmitigated disaster. Either bail the whole country out or none. Paulson decided the 1st route for his ex-company (Golman Sacs) and now there isn't a way out. ohh and did you here Paulson changed the plan, instead of buying the sub-prime mortages, he is now only usin ght money to buy stocks (aka nationalisation) i forgot America was against that...

I don't feel like taking the happy fun awesome Pics of U thread and turning it into a political debate, so I'll share my views in my blog soon.

I don't feel like taking the happy fun awesome Pics of U thread and turning it into a political debate, so I'll share my views in my blog soon.

No thread on the Forum stays on-topic, I was trying to ensure this one doesn't either... :P

No thread on the Forum stays on-topic, I was trying to ensure this one doesn't either... :P

Good job!

The problem with bailing out big 3 is the fact that they (and GM more than others) are NOT auto makers. They became a union retirement account holder that happens to make cars. I spoke with a guy working on an assembly line of a Chrysler plant in Newark, DE. He happened to make a stupid move (his own assessment) and broke an arm. Two YEARS off on a disability at 75% disability pay PLUS $3,500 due to 2.5 -inch scar. When GM lays off union worker, they pay him 80-90% hisa salary. The way union is destroying US auto industry is shameless, and now it will get worse. This is a carbon copy of what unions did to steel industry. I know second hand - my father in law worked for Bethlehem steel.

My feeling is let them fail and rebuild them without baggage of useless union thugs . BTW, not all union workers are lazy or useless, but union rules and union admin almost require them to become so.

oops - wrong forum...

Good job!

The problem with bailing out big 3 is the fact that they (and GM more than others) are NOT auto makers. They became a union retirement account holder that happens to make cars. I spoke with a guy working on an assembly line of a Chrysler plant in Newark, DE. He happened to make a stupid move (his own assessment) and broke an arm. Two YEARS off on a disability at 75% disability pay PLUS $3,500 due to 2.5 -inch scar. When GM lays off union worker, they pay him 80-90% hisa salary. The way union is destroying US auto industry is shameless, and now it will get worse. This is a carbon copy of what unions did to steel industry. I know second hand - my father in law worked for Bethlehem steel.

My feeling is let them fail and rebuild them without baggage of useless union thugs . BTW, not all union workers are lazy or useless, but union rules and union admin almost require them to become so.

oops - wrong forum...

I see your point about Unions. Frankly speaking they do more harm than good, but having thousands of people unemployed will create a big disturbance and America has always valued it's cars like national jewels, they can't let those companies fail or be bought over buy some other companies...