Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC

Your Favourite Ever Season

Which season do you think, in your personal opinion, was the greatest and most thrilling season ever?

Needless to say I enjoyed the 1997 season, not necessarily because of Jacques, but because it was such and open season where there were a number of contenders for every race and of course 1997 was one of the last seasons to be like this as soon regulations would come into place to make them slower and in my opinion anyway, less exciting.

Which season do you think, in your personal opinion, was the greatest and most thrilling season ever?

Needless to say I enjoyed the 1997 season, not necessarily because of Jacques, but because it was such and open season where there were a number of contenders for every race and of course 1997 was one of the last seasons to be like this as soon regulations would come into place to make them slower and in my opinion anyway, less exciting.

Yes 97 was my favorite season. It was close racing every weekend.

I can't remember much of the 80's as I was too little then. But I think they were good too.

Yes 97 was my favorite season. It was close racing every weekend.

I can't remember much of the 80's as I was too little then. But I think they were good too.

I started watching F.1 when I was 8 (1993). Of the season I've watched my favourite one has been 1998 (Mika winning first title). The most spectacular have been 1997,2003 and 2005.The worst seasons have been 1994 (due to Senna and Ratzenberger's tragedies) and all the years between 2000-2004, apart from 2003 until last race.

I like '97 and '03, '03 due to the close championship battle between Schumi and Kimi, and I also like the '05 season

1996? :P

Theres deffinatley something about that 1997 season, even though m driver was with Arrows of all teams, i really enjoyed it, i think, the most of all season i have watched.

:rolleyes: Due to my age and deteriating brain I have trouble remembering exact yrs but here goes................

'78 or '79 Mario Andretti's WDC yr and the ground effects cars the John Player Special cars were a work of art

Any year of the Turbo era

the active suspension era short as it was.

2000-2004 :D of course

Just a few after a while the yrs run together B)

2000-2004, 2000 especially because I attended my first gp that season. I liked certain points of other seasons, 1999 Nurburgring because Stewart won, and other various races, like Hungary 1998.

I started watching F.1 when I was 8 (1993). Of the season I've watched my favourite one has been 1998 (Mika winning first title). The most spectacular have been 1997,2003 and 2005.The worst seasons have been 1994 (due to Senna and Ratzenberger's tragedies) and all the years between 2000-2004, apart from 2003 until last race.

I started watching it in 2003.Last season was the most season i've watched

:rolleyes: Due to my age and deteriating brain I have trouble remembering exact yrs but here goes................

'78 or '79 Mario Andretti's WDC yr and the ground effects cars the John Player Special cars were a work of art

Any year of the Turbo era

the active suspension era short as it was.

2000-2004 :D of course

Just a few after a while the yrs run together B)

I started watching F1 as soon as it was broadcast ( delayed) on Aussie TV ! no idea of the year but I am sure it was "Black&White" tv broadcast, same as Bathurst that was definately B/W I can remember that with the all conquering Mini's and the Cortina 500's etc etc

My best memories was any time Jim Clark drove !!!

No sorry my memories go back a bit further to when the Grand Prix of Autralia was held at LONGFORD in Tasmania ! that was a "Road Course" through a town and countryside with Hay Bales for protection ummmmmmmmmm am I that old ? LOL nah that was never shown on TV was way before TV times LOL

I favor 97 as well because JV was spectacular at that year. It was also the ugliest year for Schumi that he deserved.

2003 is also one of my favourites. Seeing michelin runners so competitive and suddenly dropped off the pace by the stupid FIA and Ferrari political influence. I sympathized Kimi for his misfortune due to the sudden change of tyre rule. :(:(:( Alonso should be blamed as well. If he didn't overtake the ferrari, the end result would be different. He shouldn't drive so fast. :lol:

Has to be the '96 season for me. I went to my first GP at Silverstone and watched Damon go on to win his first and only championship.

JS.

1982, Almost anyone could win.

1992, FW14B was an awesome car.

1999, Ditto 1982 to a slightly lesser extent.

2001, Alonso's debut year.

2002/4, Ditto 1992 but for F2002/F2004

2005, Alonso's debut year (here's hoping, please not Kimi)

For me 1991 and 1992 were great, I went to the Mexican races all those years and I had the oportunity to see racing A.Prost, A.Senna, Patresse, Mansell, Berger, Piquet...well all the old great drivers.

Of course 2005 is approaching fast to the number one season for me...

Go Alonso!

Go Renault!

The best ever was probably '88, although dominated by the Mclaren team(They won 15/16 races). The racing between Senna & Prost was supperb, With Senna winning his 1st ever championship!

Otherwise the '97 season was Awesome... The best part was Shumacher trying to blatently Cheat to win a championship agian (like he did in 94) , but it all backfired when he had to retire and JV took it in the last race... JUSTICE!

The best ever was probably '88, although dominated by the Mclaren team(They won 15/16 races). The racing between Senna & Prost was supperb, With Senna winning his 1st ever championship!

I loved the Mclaren in 88 and 89 (but I really hate their domination), that car was awsome a beautiful car.

mclaren88893az.jpg

"but it all backfired when he had to retire and JV took it in the last race... JUSTICE!"

indeed it was!

The ones that stand out in my mind are 75 and 76 for Lauda and Hunt, 78 for Andretti ( I agree with Pumpdoc - the ground effect cars were beautiful ) and 82 for John Watson nearly becoming WDC.

The turbos were mental, and great fun, and you can't miss out 86-89.