Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Williams Bmw Using The Old Aero Package

Although the BMW WilliamsF1 Team has made progress with its major aerodynamic upgrades to the FW27 since the French Grand Prix, much work is still required to draw the expected performance from the new developments. As a consequence, drivers Mark Webber & Nick Heidfeld endured a difficult qualifying session today and both drivers will start tomorrow

What is going on in their camp. Qualifying outside the top 10 is not good for such a big team like Williams. It looks like they have no clue as to what is going on.

Is it the fault of the car is it due to BMW engine?

good post monty this is interesting stuff. 2 drivers running completely different aero configurations is unheard of to me. they appear to have no idea what is going on with their car...

Williams is no more in top5 now. They are in the range of RBR and Sauber.

I cant really see the difference between the two packages, I guess they must be small changes (even though they keep bragging "heavily revised"). The only new bit I've noticed is the Renault like "ears" over the front axel.

This team is in a real mess, they looked like they were on top of things for a while and started to improve around Monaco time, but ever since its been downhill. Jenson must be a bit worried about the stability of the team he appears to be heading into...

still from what they are saying it's a change of significance. they could be overplaying it in a bit of reverse psychology, but still, the goal is to have the best available package on both cars, and then increase your chances of maximising that package by having 2 drivers trying to get the best out of it.

instead, they have 2 drivers on 2 different aero packages! if it was to capitalise on different driving styles, methods or strategy then that would be of less concern, but they have practically admitted that this is not the reason and that they are a little confused. very sad. or it could be gamesmanship which i very much doubt from the midfield!!

"I think it is the engine"

whilst not the best anymore, I'm staggered that you solely blame BMW for this, when it's obvious the new aero package is a dud, and no better than their old one.

"I cant really see the difference between the two packages, I guess they must be small changes (even though they keep bragging "heavily revised")."

go to www.formula1.com, and head to the technical analysis section, then click Britain on the left hand side of the page, it provides a detailed explanation of the new package. It's mainly to do with rear end aero (flick ups and the like)

thats what the speedtv commentators said how the winglets disapeared off the Renault and on to the Williams, it did not look like it helped them

I reckon they have lost the plot all together, for no obvious reason...

I agree, i think its a combination of the chassis and the engine! They both just are not working!

Williams is no more in top5 now. They are in the range of RBR and Sauber.

I said this all through winter testing, and while others predicted BAR will be the same, they seem to have pulled themselves together and are really improving fast, Williams however like i predicted are battling against sauber and RBR! Very pathetic!

Jenson must be a bit worried about the stability of the team he appears to be heading into...

Jenson should try get out of his contract with williams ASAP. He would do much better in BAR next year than in a williams, and clearly ferrari are interested in im so maybe he could take MS's seat in 2007! I can also see, though its still a large gap, JB eventually finishing the season above MW and NH despite going 9 races without scoring a single point!

Although the BMW WilliamsF1 Team has made progress with its major aerodynamic upgrades to the FW27 since the French Grand Prix, much work is still required to draw the expected performance from the new developments. As a consequence, drivers Mark Webber & Nick Heidfeld endured a difficult qualifying session today and both drivers will start tomorrow

well it seems the experiment was a waste of time. webber was quicker, or was that just down to his extra speed as a driver?...

"well it seems the experiment was a waste of time. webber was quicker, or was that just down to his extra speed as a driver?... "-Taku

Nice one there taku