Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Mika talk

Here again go the "Mika cant do it anymore" comments! I'm terribly annoyed by this since I dont think at all that his bad start to the season has anything to do with motivation, or tiredness, or whatever.

Melbourne - Mika running strong but suspension failed = no points

Malaysia - Set up problems and a start that knocked him down to eigth (due to Ralf's spin) , followed by the hassle in the rain with a bad pitstop stragedy = bad luck and 1 point

Brazil - Great weekend until the start which was of no fault of Mika. I think he wouldve AT LEAST reached the podium had he even raced.

Call it sour grapes or whatever, but what I've said is pretty much fact. Notice DC now has been given better odds on winning the 2001 world championship than Mika...

But just remember, all Mika has to do is win a race and he has already caught up half way, depending on the luck of DC and MS, and possibly even RB.

its hard to say if Mika cant do it anymore because as you say, he has not really had the chance to shine this year, but i have a strange sense of De Ja Vu with Mika's season and Damon Hill's last season, something doesnt seem right and i fell Mika's heart may not be in it anymore and as the latest issue of Racing Lines says, retirement may be in the air...

How do you mean Brazil wasnt his fault.  He stalled!  Who else can take the blame for that.

I have never really thought much of Hakinnen.  He is a good driver, I will give him that.  But I dont think he will win a WDC again.  I my opinion the 99 WDC was simply luck, MS was injured and the only real challenger was Irvine, and lets be honest now, but Irvine, WDC, never in a million years.

I hate the way McClaren will quite readily spurn DC for Mika, at least with Ferrari, team orders are public knowledge, but with the Macs, it is all very underhanded,  DC was doing well last year, when Mika was going through yet another dip in form, then DC gets cast aside for Hakinnen at SPA.  Why.

I am sorry if this offends you Jens, but Mika will not be a champion again.

Claire

I think its safe to say that Mika is done for the year. I would like to see McLaren throw all their support behind DC, just once, let him go for it, he deserves it I guess. As much as I dont really like him, hes been supporting Mika long enough, so they should  help him now more so than they have in the past. I seriously dont think we will see both McLaren drivers there next year. Mika to retire and DC to get canned regardless of outcome.

Interesting...I appreciate all the comments! We can all believe what we do, and I respect your thoughts.

I think he can do it once more, he still has it in him Im sure. He has in the Finnish press and other places said he will not retire for a while yet and honestly I believe him, he can at least go until I say 2004? I think a few more years but he is definitely not the same he was in 98 lets say.

In the newest Samuel Says Sam said "he just really needs to get his act together" and I think thats just it. But dont count him out yet, just remember his fight last year, which was excellent until Indy.

hmm.. don't u think guys u r a little bit early to write off Mika? honestly i believe Mika will strike back.. like in 2k1.. ####.. i should hear u guys when Schumi had accidents last year.. u must said "mika is champ, the championship's over etc etc" .. remember this: in F1 u never underestimate some guy.. especially not after 3 races.. and the ironic side here is.. he's fault not to race was just 1 time.. ;)

1 time was Barria##hole vs Ralf spun, 2nd time was bad tyres, 3rd time (his fault) was stalling the car..

McLaren will be in "tip-top" shape after Catalunya.. i think they're hidding special TC.. and after Spain they'll rock again..

C'ya

All this "bad tyres" talk is just driver-speak for "I didn't drive very well at all, but I need something else to blame it on for my fragile ego"

Mika - he doesn't cope well at all with a car that doesn't suit his driving style - some of the aero modifications last year didn't help his little "slump," and the fact that he hates understeer with a passion really isn't helped in the slightest by the front wing probs McLaren are having at the moment. DC, however, is quite adept at driving round a cars inefficacies...

Who DOES (except DC) like understeer LOL! I know I hate it in my kart, so annoying when cornering. I prefer the slightest of slight oversteer, but I can pretty much handle a car in any shape.

Bu true, Mika isn very adaptivebut hopefully he'll get used to it or the car will change or something...

OK, so if DC is more accepting of a bad car and Mika isnt so adaptable, who is the better driver?  I wonder.

Claire