Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Hockeheim

was just checking out the hockenheim layout for next week. and i thought it was butchered last year! take a look fellas:

http://www.formula1.com/race/circuitmap/743.html

what happened to the bloody back straight??

if there's a silver lining it's that it will favour the mclaren over the ferrari, but i imagine it will mean less overtaking again with folowing through the corners so difficult...

Its the same as last year....atleast i don't see any difference?

I have to agree, no change from last year B)

they did this 2-3 seasons ago. I loved the old circuit through the forest and all. pity, its destroyed the track. they thought it was too long or something. too slow now. monza is the only decent fast circuit, even though it has been slapped with chicanes.

Officially the worst decision ever made. They turned what was a brilliant long and challenging track into just an average track. Well done guys.

I prefer the newer version of the track.... How is going in a striaght line for 70% of a lap challenging?

I prefer the newer version of the track.... How is going in a striaght line for 70% of a lap challenging?

True, but i much prefered the old hockenheim, its lost all its charm now! I have F1 2001 on my playstation, the only f1 game i own sadly, and thats still got the old hockenheim circuit, which i think is much better!

they did this 2-3 seasons ago. I loved the old circuit through the forest and all. pity, its destroyed the track. they thought it was too long or something. too slow now. monza is the only decent fast circuit, even though it has been slapped with chicanes.

B)

turns 7, 8 & 9 were not on last year's circuit? i must have missed last year's race when i was overseas. i loved that back straight and the overtaking moments it produced. i was especially looking forward to it after silverstone.

Its where someone made a pass actually, but i forget who it was. Perhaps coulthard was involved? I think it may of involved Button also.

did they change qualifying too? since when did we have this one lap business.... :unsure:

Damn!, I miss the old circuit!...it was one of last ones with that old F1 taste, now is just another Tilke horrendous track.

In turn 6 this joke connects to the old track, turns 7,8,9,10 were created after the Germans destroyed this circuit.

I have made this comparative track for you guys...tell me what you think...

oldnewhockenheim6kc.jpg

:(

is that really true to scale? I didnt realise it was that small. darn. go back to the old nurburgring :P

Yes, true scale... :huh:

Wait...old nurburgring?.... :huh: , old Hockenheim you mean dont you???, by the way, old nurburgring was great too...ask Niki Lauda about it

not hockenheim, I mean the long original nurburgring track that is not used for F1 for quite a while since its unsafe. modern circuits are too short. 100 seconds lap times should be minimum.

not hockenheim, I mean the long original nurburgring track that is not used for F1 for quite a while since its unsafe. modern circuits are too short. 100 seconds lap times should be minimum.

Well not all modern circuits are short, look at malaysia and shanghai for example, they aint that short!

I loved the old hockenheim, the racing through the forest, nowhere else had that and what they did to it a couple of years back upset me :(

Damn!, I miss the old circuit!...it was one of last ones with that old F1 taste, now is just another Tilke horrendous track.

In turn 6 this joke connects to the old track, turns 7,8,9,10 were created after the Germans destroyed this circuit.

I have made this comparative track for you guys...tell me what you think...

oldnewhockenheim6kc.jpg

:(

Great picture. Clearly what they should have done was remove all the chicanes ;)

A long the straight not so challenging I don't expect the car to weave around all the time. But the long straights did play a big part in the difficulty of the corners, because you have to run low down force the corners and chicanes then became very challenging, much more so compared to the new version.

Great picture. Clearly what they should have done was remove all the chicanes  ;)

Well, a flat out race other than the stadium section, that would be great! :D . God damn tilke thats what i say!

The stadium section hasn't changed......

If i wanted to see full speed for almost a whole lap i'd watch IRL.