Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Hockeheim

Perhaps but the new track is specifically designed for overtaking, whether it is a success or not is quite debatable.  Furthermore, it is far easier to police and has better facilities

the suzuka S curves aer far better than chicanes. too many chicanes ruin a track.

it seems michelin redesigned hockenheim for their tyres :P

henceforth destroying a fast track by replacing it with innumerable slow corners and chicanes will be referred to as michelinization.

monza has been half michelinized.

As we have learnt from Silverstone - You don't need outstanding facilities to get great race. With all the safety measures now in place, the old circuit would probably still be safe even with the introduction of the fast sweeping corner in place of the second chicane. They could easily build medical huts for the each medical team at each corner within the forest which will further increase the safety around the track. I understand completely why they did change it, the reasons you expressed above, however sometimes, the facilities for the VIP should not take priority over the racing and the track.

Good and I agree with you when you say a track doesn

I've got the latest updates for Hockenheim on F1C and it's just rubbish, asphalt everywhere, in some corners you just dunno if you're driving on the track or next to it :wacko:

I've got the latest updates for Hockenheim on F1C and it's just rubbish, asphalt everywhere, in some corners you just dunno if you're driving on the track or next to it  :wacko:

Hmm

PC games are games to be played on a PC.

Videogames are games to be played on a videogames console.

You cannot play PC games on a standard videogames console (like a PS2) nor can you play videogames (Like F1 05 by Studio Liverpool) on a standard PC.  Clearly, as usual, I am right.

Actually, you can play any videogame console game that comes on a disc on a PC :P I play playstation games on my laptop, only when the real playstation is in use though :)

It's a pity they didn't see fit to relocate the Jim Clark memorial. Now that the forest section is gone it can't be seen at all.

It's a pity they didn't see fit to relocate the Jim Clark memorial. Now that the forest section is gone it can't be seen at all.

What happened with the statue and everything else that were at Jim Clark chicane?, maybe now there is just a road between the forest to get there...

German doesnt just killed the track but the tradition and memorials too...

What happened with the statue and everything else that were at Jim Clark chicane?, maybe now there is just a road between the forest to get there...

German doesnt just killed the track but the tradition and memorials too...

I think the statue is still there, but it should be moved into the stadium section so that it can be seen.

I think the statue is still there, but it should be moved into the stadium section so that it can be seen.

But that memorial remembers the place where he died...so I dont think it could be moved...

But that memorial remembers the place where he died...so I dont think it could be moved...

But if it can't be seen then maybe people will forget? I do see your point, though.

But if it can't be seen then maybe people will forget? I do see your point, though.

Maybe they could make a trip trough the forest to find the old track and all their hidden treasures... :)

Maybe they could make a trip trough the forest to find the old track and all their hidden treasures...  :)

We should start a camaign to bring back the blast through the forest! I miss the origional hockenheim!