Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Hockeheim

I loved the old hockenheim, the racing through the forest, nowhere else had that and what they did to it a couple of years back upset me :(

I too liked the old track with the distinctive scenery and the long straights that provided oodles of overtaking year after year but I am gradually warming to the new circuit

Also, to my understanding, the old track is still usable, and the track they are racing now has been there for some length of time. So in effect its not even a new track.

Also, to my understanding, the old track is still usable, and the track they are racing now has been there for some length of time. So in effect its not even a new track.

It

But the track they use now has existed years before F1 started on it! It may be newish to F1, but its been around for some time.

They cant use the old layout, its all grassed over. Anyway that layout wasnt there, it was another layout. Anyone who owns Total Immersion Racing for playstation will know what I am talking about.

They cant use the old layout, its all grassed over. Anyway that layout wasnt there, it was another layout. Anyone who owns Total Immersion Racing for playstation will know what I am talking about.

F1 videogames will give you a better understanding of the track. I have every F1 videogame since 1995 so I can see the various progressive circuit modifications, even fairly slight modifications such as the work done at Monaco.

The changes to the circuit were undertaken purely for commercial reasons. Two thirds of the lap was out of sight of the paying public, so it was changed. The old circuit was pretty, but a challenge?

You don't have every F1 video game since 1995, as you have none of the GPX series.

You don't have every F1 video game since 1995, as you have none of the GPX series.

Are they the games you and ecapdeville play? If so, they are clearly classed as

PC games, as you call them, are quite clearly videogames.

PC games are games to be played on a PC.

Videogames are games to be played on a videogames console.

You cannot play PC games on a standard videogames console (like a PS2) nor can you play videogames (Like F1 05 by Studio Liverpool) on a standard PC. Clearly, as usual, I am right.

Damn!, I miss the old circuit!...it was one of last ones with that old F1 taste, now is just another Tilke horrendous track.

In turn 6 this joke connects to the old track, turns 7,8,9,10 were created after the Germans destroyed this circuit.

I have made this comparative track for you guys...tell me what you think...

oldnewhockenheim6kc.jpg

:(

great pic, really highlights the demolition job on the track. ;)

You can actually play all console games on PC. As always your wrong.

video game

n.

An electronic or computerized game played by manipulating images on a video display or television screen.

But im sure you'll tell me EVERYONE else is wrong, and you are infact right.

Not to mention the fact, consoles run on the same hardware as a PC, with modified operating systems to make them more suitable to easy gaming, for those who can't understand the common personal computer. Also the second definition of 'video game'...

video game

n : a game played against a computer [syn: computer game]

You can actually play all console games on PC. As always your wrong.
video game

n.

what happened to Hockenheim? I'll tell you, Herman Tilke!!! :( Yes, the old track may not have been a big challenge, but it was a unique track, now it's just another track.

Let Senna play his arcade games...we do simulation...

Your so called simulation games don

On review, I think the chicane on the run out to the forest should have been removed, the one marked 2/100. That would make for a frightfully fast sweeping corner, the sort that has all but disappeared from F1 in recent times. I do not like chicanes.

I agree I think that would have been better than the average race track the driver

I agree I think that would have been better than the average race track the driver