Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Qualifying Format Vote On Formula1.com

what did you vote  

23 members have voted

1. 1. what did you vote

• Proposal 1
    • Proposal 2
    • Current Format

Proposal 2 sounds fun but I reckon its to complicated and will just cause loads of uneeded headache. I think Proposal 1 is the better of the two, I dont understand why they need to add two times together though. Why not just a 60 minute free4all session?

In option 2 the slowers cars have to go out the track to let the fastest be at the end running to get the pole...it sounds great, they could control traffic of slower cars by this way...

I

Indeed, The second proposal would keep all cars out and would actually require more skill, and would be much more fun to watch!

B) I voted #2 but i'd rather see the old free for all sessions ;)

Blue flags should probably be used in these qualy sessions if the car behind is obviously faster...

I want a new qualifying system for David Couthard. He never liked the one lap formatt and the one lap formatt cost him his McLaren drive. DC performed much better with the 12 lap system so im looking forward to the qualifying changes so we can finally see DC with wings instead of being stuck behind the slow Williams like in the last 2 races.

I want a new qualifying system for David Couthard. He never liked the one lap formatt and the one lap formatt cost him his McLaren drive. DC performed much better with the 12 lap system so im looking forward to the qualifying changes so we can finally see DC with wings instead of being stuck behind the slow Williams like in the last 2 races.

I

I voted 1 (I think!). It's just the same as the old qualifying format but just ensures that everyone goes out on track unlike they used to!! Don't understand what their obsession is with adding the times together...

The second one just seems a bit biased... it stops the "slower" cars from even having the chance of setting a quicker time when the track is hotter and may result in those cars looking much slower than they are in reality due to the track getting much hotter during the session. Also, it could be raining at the start of a session, meaning the cars which don't perform well in rain would be hampered. Then if the track dries out later, they may have done much better in those conditions.

I reckon they should do it DTM style, do the free for all and then the top 10 cars go in for the superpole straight after where they all compete again to get pole.

Hey, that sounds good...is not such a bad idea!

What if make just 1 stint but 10 laps long ?

best lap counts, but at least 5 must be inside 105-100% of Driver`s best.

or as in PC Games:

in first 10 minutes all drivers must show time instde 2min20sec (dry)

only who has Qualified in that 10 minutes can start in next 10 minutes

and show inside 2min00sec

20-30 min - must show 1-40sec, 30-40 = 1min30 sec.

And last 20 minutes - everyone must make 5 laps in 1 stint - bestlap counts ?

=)

B) I voted #2 but i'd rather see the old free for all sessions ;)

i agree. if people thought this year's format was confusing then they're going to find it pretty hard to get their head around this one. great for the diehard fans, but a free for all was much simpler for the greater viewing public to understand.