Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikathegreat

Who Likes Mika Hakkinen?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Likes Mika Hakkinen?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know him

Let's put this one to bed. We've gone round in circles for long enough. The thread might have well been titled "who likes cheese" for all the insight it provided (no offence Mika the Great). By the way, who likes cheese................

You can

Well, I can't really think of a reason not to like Mika, he's a pretty cool guy, he is afterall a double world champion. I too am pretty pleased to see him racing again, I thought that he had retired for good.

JS.

agreed every bit of it

I voted no, because he was very often complaining about why he didn't do better or win by more. I kno all drivers do it but none as much as Mika, although JPM is trying.

I voted no, because he was very often complaining about why he didn't do better or win by more.  I kno all drivers do it but none as much as Mika, although JPM is trying.

Hmm I disagree, Mika was a man of few words

my opinions of why he won his two world championships aside, yeah I liked Mika, other than his last season where In My OPINION he basically left because he wasn't in with a title chance anymore... (something many people have assumed Schumacher would do, but thats besides the point).

He was a good racer, and had luck on his side a lot, but he had a certain something I can't find words for that also made me like him. I also find him easy to respect, probably due to the fact that he won his titles against Ferrari and actually was decent competition for Schumi. We need more like that in F1, and I think maybe with the new regs next year, we will see more.

hmm just realised with all the past tense that sounds like an obituary, but I haven't seen him racing in whatever he races now.

I think he would make a great Finnish entry for A1GP, and do his country proud.

Yes, he won his championships the hard way, he didn't always have the best car and fought to the end. He best Schumey when Ferrari was the car to have. I too, am hoping for him to return to F1 sometime.

JS.

Yes, he won his championships the hard way, he didn't always have the best car and fought to the end. He best Schumey when Ferrari was the car to have. I too, am hoping for him to return to F1 sometime.

JS.

Remember Suzuka '98?

Hakkinen and Schumi on the front of the grid, Schumi stalls it and has to go to the back.

I can't help but wonder what wouldda happened without that stall. I can't remember where Schumi got to in the end, I think he finished in the points, but not sure... but I think if he'd had a chance to race Mika, wouldda been a hell of a fight, and I can't honestly say I'd be able to guess who would have come out the victor, still Mika, or would Michael have found a breakthrough.

Whoever came through that would have won the hard way I think.

JS.

The McClaren was better than the Ferrari - Please do imply that Mika beat MS with an inferior car, because it is not true.

he didn't always have the best car and fought to the end.
did you actually watch the seasons?
Schumi got to in the end, I think he finished in the points, but not sure

he did start from the end, and had made his way upto 3rd place which was effectively 2nd since irvine was ahead of him when he had a tyre failure. one of the best drives I've ever seen. he did not do it in a superior car, unlike the efforts of the mclaren drivers this year.

the what ifs for that season end with spa with DC lifting off the throttle in the rain causing schumi to crash into him.

Sato is right with them cavallino :lol:

"Yes, he won his championships the hard way, he didn't always have the best car and fought to the end. He best Schumey when Ferrari was the car to have."

I disagree strongly. Both in 1998 and 1999 the McLaren was the superior machine, by a long margin. Yet in 1998, he could only beat Michael at the final race, after Michael stalled, whilst in 1999 he just beat Irvine, so one can imagine what Michael would have achieved had he not had mechanical problems at Silverstone which sent him into the barriers breaking his leg.

I can't get over how JV is criticised for taking so long to win the title, whilst Mika did exactly that, and in '99 he was fighting against Irvine, hardly in Michael's class, and nothing is said about Mika. In my view, either they should both get criticised or they should be left to their own, as at the end of the day, they got the job done. Yes they struggled abit, but they won it in the end.

agree with you totally nojvnof1. you read my thoughts

can not argue on that B)

Totally agree Cavallino, and thanks for filling in the gap in my memory about suzuka 98, lol.

Also agree with the comment about JV, I've never seen why people criticise him.

it's amazing just how many critics are out there, and how vicious they are in their criticisms of JV!

:blink: Who is this Mika bloke??? :huh:

Mika Hakkinnen world champion in 1998 & 1999 of course :huh:

Mika Hakkinnen world champion in 1998 & 1999 of course :huh:

Really? never heard of him.......................

(just in case anyone wondered all of my above replies have been in fun and jest--doh!!!) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

P.S. yeah I'm the one who voted that I didn't know him hehehehehe B)

I always liked and will most of F-1 drivers

and also i respect them as best of the bests

=)