Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjoseph

A1gp- Television Coverage

A1 Grand Prix moved a step closer to securing global television coverage for the World Cup of Motorsport today announcing seven major international television deals that will see A1 Grand Prix races beamed live into more than 290 million households across 50 countries.

Each deal gives the network exclusive broadcast rights to air up to six hours of live A1 Grand Prix action in their designated territory over every race weekend.

Al Jazeera Sport - Algeria, Bahrain, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE and Yemen.

Epoch Sports- Eastern Europe: Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia 17

ESPN STAR Sports- Asia: Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.

SABC- South Africa (and Sub-Saharan Africa by satellite)

Sky Italia- Italy

Sky Sports- United Kingdom

TAF Sports -Eastern Europe: Bosnia Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia and Slovenia

Televisa- Mexico

Its not in Australia? We have a team in it, but we don't get to see it, whilst countries like Yemen can? what a gip.

I heard Channel 7 were interested in it for here. Don't know the truth in that but I read it somewhere a while ago. I hope we get it as I need to see some motor racing over the summer!!!

Me neither, i'm stuck with terrestrial television, I'm stuck with only 4 channels available and so I too will be missing out on it as my dad is too tight to get Sky..

JS.

Me neither, i'm stuck with terrestrial television, I'm stuck with only 4 channels available and so I too will be missing out on it as my dad is too tight to get Sky..

JS.

We have freeview but cos my parents and me andmy sis dont watch much TV there aint actually any need for sky, but i wanted to see A1 GP during the F! offseason!

We have freeview but cos my parents and me andmy sis dont watch much TV there aint actually any need for sky, but i wanted to see A1 GP during the F! offseason!

Maybe Eurosport will make a bid? Do you get that on Freeview? I cancelled Sky because I hardly ever watched it.

Well, that's his argument, I guess we'll probably get it once we have a little more money, this is still good for Sky viewers anyway.

JS.

Splendid news. I have every sports channel available from British Satellite companies (Sky and what not). So I will be watching this with glee.

Sadly Eurosport isn't on Freeview at the moment, I'm hoping somebody like channel 5 will bid for highlights like they used to have for ChampCars on saturday afternoons before they moved it to very late nights.

maybe ITV even, as it is in F1 off-season.

No, ITV are rubbish like that, we won't be able to see any coverage on there. Take the Football for example, we miss tons of games because they can't be bothered to pay for the rights to show it.

JS.

Al Jazeera Sports is free in middle east, so all can watch A1GP without paying any additional money :D