Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

'williams Will Bounce Back'

'Williams will bounce back'

(Planetf1)

Williams chief Sam Michael has tipped his squad to bounce back from their recent disappointments.

The former World Champions enjoyed a brief resurgence to claim consecutive podium finishes in Monaco and Germany before sliding off the pace in North America.

A revised car was introduced in France but proved disappointing and Williams have spent this week frantically testing in a bid to find their lost speed.

Technical director Michael is confident that hard work will soon begin to pay off.

He said: "After the British Grand Prix, we've been working hard at the factory, in the wind tunnel, and at the test in Jerez to understand and improve the performance of the car."

"Jerez marked the final test before the summer testing ban and we have made some progress."

"Williams is a winning team, as history confirms, and we look forward to competing at a higher level as soon as possible."

The Grove-based team is currently fifth in the Constructors' standings on 47 points, 55 behind Championship leaders Renault.

Yes its not looking good for Williams unfortunately. EJ suggested FW sell up recently but perhaps the team has decreased in value after BMW's departure.

my heads dizzy! lol! Yeah i agree murray. Williams needs to stop for this year and just concentrate on next year really! get the best car they can!

i don't think that's williams' style. last year they fought to the very end and even got a win with montoya. however then there were no question marks over the engine supply...

I really hope so, as seeing my favourite team using Silverstone as a testing session was....deeply disappointing.

I aint bothered by williams really, its god if tey are competative, but they are in no way shape or form a fave team of mine!

Well I have supported them for 10 years and it was bad to see them be so slow at my first gp.

Well I have supported them for 10 years and it was bad to see them be so slow at my first gp.

aww, there there :mellow:

YIPPEEEEEEEE MY 3000th Post! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i do think that last race for williams was more than just the engine for being that slow.

It's always been more than just the engine...but if you blame Sam...who was it that wanted him there and to change the image of the team to a younger one?

Answer: BMW.

I aint bothered by williams really, its god if tey are competative, but they are in no way shape or form a fave team of mine!

I thought you are 16. How can you support a team when you are 6?

I thought you are 16.  How can you support a team when you are 6?

Quite easily but first of all when I was 5 I got into F1 a bit and everyone else was a Ferrari fan and thought what the heck, I'll support Williams to annoy them {that is what 5/6 year olds think!} then when I started to pay attention in 1996 I just really liked Hill and so supported the team and never stopped my support since then.

Considering F1 was constantly shown ever since I was born, by the time I was 6 I was well aware what the sport was about!

I don't think they'll be able to challenge the Renaults and the McLarens, and maybe even the BARs....but it is possile they'll be able to match the Ferraris and it would be excitng cause it would leave the Red b#####ds fighting for one point or two...

B) it would be nice to see the Williams bunch find that lost rudder and get back on course. B)

Dudley:

If Williams lose any sponsors then new sponsors will be falling over themselves to replace them, Williams have an incredible track record in F1 and are an established brand, the sponsors that go will be replaced, the chances of Williams going bust or fighting at the back with Minardi are about as likely as me winning the lottery jackpot tonight

While I tend to agree with you. Read that again... just change "Willi" for "Lotus" or "Brabham" =)

Mumu:

Once JPM left, itwas clear that they were going to be in the doldrums.

I agree with Dudley about Lotus and Brabham.

I cannot agree with MuMu about JPM being key person in a team.

Imho JPM is better driver than J`Villeneuve, but JV has a title and 11 wins for Williams, while JPM has 3rd in `03 and 4 wins.

Basic person are still with (in) Willi - Frank, Patrick, Sam.

And if i try to compare ... imho BMW gave Wili 2 times more than JPM alone (or Ralf).

imho, some problems were in Williams as they refused tobacco money$.

i appreciate this decision, but other Teams beat Willi with that money$ (Renault, BAR, etc.)