Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

"something Is Happening Btw Button And Ferrari"

"some people here think RB is a good driver.."

he is, but he's not in Michael's league. For 1988 Prost sought told the team to find the greatest young telent to be his teammate, being Senna. Michael would never allow a drive either close to his calibre or equal to it be his teammate.

Michael is certainly not as strong as he was so I think Jenson would not be all that far behind, maybe level, and MS could easily retire either this year or next so it might be a plausible move to prepare for no. 1 spot in the team.  Although BAR are quicker (but not better when reliability is considered) atm I would rather be at Ferrari in the long term.  His recent denials and questioning of the wisdom of the move may just be a bargaining ploy for whatever reason (pay, timing etc).

Not to pick on you Murray, but don't you just suppose that perhaps it's Micheals equipment that is not as fast, and he himself is every bit as good as he has always been. He was WDC last year. I doubt all his skill vaporized in a year.

The Ferrari effort fell a little short this year. That is the only difference between M$ 2004 vs M$ 2005.

JB is young and if he got tied up with Ferrari, I believe that they would give him a car he could win the WDC. I don't know if BAR is ever gonna be able to do that.

Not to pick on you Murray, but don't you just suppose that perhaps it's Micheals equipment that is not as fast, and he himself is every bit as good as he has always been.  He was WDC last year.  I doubt all his skill vaporized in a year.

The Ferrari effort fell a little short this year.  That is the only difference between M$ 2004 vs M$ 2005.

JB is young and if he got tied up with Ferrari, I believe that they would give him a car he could win the WDC.  I don't know if BAR is ever gonna be able to do that.

No worries YHR. We do disagree here though, as so often! I think MS has made a few mistakes this year and has not done quite as well against Rubens as usual. He is getting on a bit and he's had so much success eventually he must decline and I think its beginning.

Of course he has not lost all his skill but gradually he is losing (or certainly will lose) the motivation and physical ability. This happens to them all. Just look at DH in '99 or JV in '05 (just kidding there but he isn't the driver he was).

No worries YHR.

Well, As for him making themove or not, I just haven't got a clue, as for what the best option is for him, I also am not sure, Ferrari is probably the best for him long-term, but then again, with team-orders and such, it shall be very difficult for him trying to break the curse.

JS.

No worries YHR.  We do disagree here though, as so often!  I think MS has made a few mistakes this year and has not done quite as well against Rubens as usual.  He is getting on a bit and he's had so much success eventually he must decline and I think its beginning.

Of course he has not lost all his skill but gradually he is losing (or certainly will lose) the motivation and physical ability.  This happens to them all.  Just look at DH in '99 or JV in '05 (just kidding there but he isn't the driver he was).

Indeed. Good points.

has not done quite as well against Rubens as usual.

thats pretty marginal. look at the fastest laps from silverstone, I posted about it somewhere. anyway, just compare the diff b/w MS and RB, its second only to the diff b/w FM and JV

That maybe true, but I think running out front is easier then when you are surrounded by traffic.  Some of his errors this year are forced errors.  i.e. Because his car is not superiour he has to ring its neck to get the most out of it.  This means you make mistakes, as you are driving your car on the limit at all times.

No right or wrong here, just something to think about.  Probably a little bit of both things happening

There probably is a bit of both. I only ever meant he's gotten a little bit worse. I originally said "JB would only be slightly slower {than MS} now" so that puts MS in the top 3 still. The comparison with RB should account for any effects from having to ring the car's neck more.

Just as Michael is not as good as he used to be, Rubens must also be slower than he was in his prime. Let

Just as Michael is not as good as he used to be, Rubens must also be slower than he was in his prime.  Let