Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Jordan Extend F1 Deal Until 2012

Jordan have become the latest Formula One team to commit their future to the sport beyond 2007.

The current deal between the 10 F1 teams and commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone expires in two years' time.

A number of unhappy teams and car manufacturers are threatening to form a rival series from 2008.

But Jordan, which will be renamed Midland next year after Alex Shnaider's takeover, have followed Ferrari and Red Bull in signing up to stay until 2012.

Source BBC

That should be the last of them to join for sometime, noway the rest will sign up any time soon.

That should be the last of them to join for sometime, noway the rest will sign up any time soon.

But it does put more pressure on the others to start the process of signing up in the future. If one or two other teams sign up, the alternate series is out of the picture in the near future....

My opinion of course.... and I've never been wrong, I thought I was once, but I was wrong.... :D

Jordan have become the latest Formula One team to commit their future to the sport beyond 2007.

The current deal between the 10 F1 teams and commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone expires in two years' time.

A number of unhappy teams and car manufacturers are threatening to form a rival series from 2008.

But Jordan, which will be renamed Midland next year after Alex Shnaider's takeover, have followed Ferrari and Red Bull in signing up to stay until 2012.

Source BBC

F1 is splitting indeed. :)

Thanks for posting this information.

---

This also doesn't suprise me, i think that Minardi will be next, but after that, it shall probably remain as that for some time.

JS.

no worries, Jordan are as of 2005, my second least favourite team anyway, if there were a breakaway series, I wouldn't miss them (unless they got rid of the russian and got eddie back in which case, I would.)

I was just wondering, if the teams which have signed the concorde agreement are bought out before 2012 and they change their name, do they still hold the commitment until 2012, even though someone else made that decision for them?

Minardi won't be signing! PS wants Max out, and alot of things the others would like, so i don't see him signing anytime soon.

i agree, i can't see minardi signing up anytime soo whilst stoddart is team principal. interesting that stoodart is pencilled in for a press conference on the fia schedule for the first time in what seems like all year. this was before the 2 latest signings and i thought there may be some kind of environment of compromise, but alas the political war is still on. :rolleyes:

Minardi won't be signing! PS wants Max out, and alot of things the others would like, so i don't see him signing anytime soon.

minardi won't sign, Stoddart is trying desperately to get into the michelin-GPWC gang. the other teams will probably sign en masse towards the end of the season.

I'd have thought he was already well in the GPWC-Michelin gang. Jordan must have been given some cash guarantees or something to have signed. This will be the last of a while I think.