Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC

Massa On The Rise?

How good is Massa?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How good is Massa?

• Ferrari Standard
    • Very Good
    • He's got the talent
    • Ok
    • Eratic
    • Midfield driver at best

How good do you think Massa is and how good do you think he can be? So far this season he has really developed as a driver and beaten his much more experienced team-mate Jacques Villeneuve.

Since his erratic days in the early stages of his career, when he was squashed by fellow team-mates, he has developed into a calmer and a more consistent performer, however there is a long way to go but he has the talent to do it and he has time on his side.

Midfield driver at best, I can't really see he in a top car somehow, he has been a little unlucky in the past, I see him on the same level as Fisichella, good, but is not quite there.

JS.

I said OK. He's been around for while now and had a chance to learn from the champions (and now JV!) but he's still at best average so I doubt he will ever be a top 5 driver.

Massa is an average driver who was beaten by Fizzy in equal machinery who in turn has been utterly thrashed by Alonso in equal machinery. Massa has become less ragged, calmer and more controlled because of his time with Ferrari and as he has become more experienced but Fizzy beat him just last year and the following year Fizzy is annihilated by Alonso. There is only one conclusion that can be reached: Massa is an average driver. Many people seemingly don

but if massa gets in a ferrari, he is pretty much gaurenteed to do better than what he is currently doing

Well, he did a pretty good job today, thrashing him team-mate and scoring another point for the team, which is crucial at this stage as they are close to other teams inc. Jordan.

JS.

a driver in the twilight of his career. A once great driver, whose best is not what it was. Clear and simple. I'd say Massa is OK.

I agree with your statements, but think Massa is better then OK. He doesn't make any mistakes anymore. He has turned into a solid driver. Given a top notch car he would win a race or two, simply because he does not make mistakes.

I hope he stays with BMW/Sauber. The team has potential to be very good, and he will keep climbing up the grid with them if he stays.

Well, I'll say this, FM definitely seems to be able to make the best out of starting in the mid-field. I don't know how, but he almost always seems to move forward or at least hold his position at the start. This year, JV (I am a fan) has rarely seemed to be able to pick up good positions at the start, and often seems to be in the wrong place. He ends up getting hit, hitting someone himself, or moving backwards in the first lap.

I too, felt that JV had a slow start to the season, but that he would soon surpass his teammate. I feel that FM has not progressed in the Sauber this season, while JV has come a long way (of course, he had a long way to come). However, I am starting to doubt whether JV will finish the season ahead of FM in points. His pace is getting better, but he cannot seem to stay out of trouble on the track.

a driver in the twilight of his career. A once great driver, whose best is not what it was. Clear and simple. I'd say Massa is OK.

indeed it is.agree with you here.

"...what is JV?"

Nojvnof1, you are one of the most intelligent poster in this forum, calmed and smart...

good

I agree with your statements, but think Massa is better then OK.  He doesn't make any mistakes anymore.  He has turned into a solid driver.  Given a top notch car he would win a race or two, simply because he does not make mistakes.

I hope he stays with BMW/Sauber.  The team has potential to be very good, and he will keep climbing up the grid with them if he stays.

Agree

Nojvnof1, you are one of the most intelligent poster in this forum, calmed and smart...

good

Nojvnof1 is great! He is a very honest fan of JV and does not make unrealistic expectations.

Massa in my opinion is just a very plain and average driver!

"That is worded too strongly in my opinion but I agree with the rest of your post."

I disagree, it takes more than an OK driver or very good driver to have achieved what JV has achieved in his career.

"I think JV's twilight era must have begun around the end of 2001"

I'd have to agree with that. Cheers for the compliments Ben and Eduardo!

Massa is an average driver who was beaten by Fizzy in equal machinery who in turn has been utterly thrashed by Alonso in equal machinery.

Same could be said for Button. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and exactly what does that tell you about Alonso? Awesome driver.

Although I wouldn't say that he is thrashing fisichella, I'd admit that Alonso is the superior driver though.

JS.

Come on...its a thrashing. Even lookin past the bits of bad luck Fisi has had, its a thrashing.

I personally don't think Massa is that bad, he is certainly better than Ralf Shumacher. I would say he is equal in talent perhaps to Rubens or Mark Webber.

JV is I think just having a horrid season, he seems to have just as much bad luck as Kimi, well maybe not quite as much ;)

yeah to much bad luck... i hope fortune turns a bit on his side ....

cos he's there now, the missing part is luck .....

Come on...its a thrashing. Even lookin past the bits of bad luck Fisi has had, its a thrashing.

Fizzy has done much better relative to his team-mate than Sato has to his. Jenson has beaten Sato by a much more impressive margin that Alonso has beaten Fizzy.

I personally don't think Massa is that bad, he is certainly better than Ralf Shumacher.  I would say he is equal in talent perhaps to Rubens or Mark Webber.

JV is I think just having a horrid season, he seems to have just as much bad luck as Kimi, well maybe not quite as much ;)

JV has simply been poor and has only his own failing talent to blame.