Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Statistics On Testing

To all intents and purposes, testing is now banned until late August, as teams enjoy the summer break, once the German and Hungarian Grand Prix are out of the way. That said, with Ferrari not having signed up to the 30-day test limit agreed to by its nine rivals, it's understood that the Italian team will be back in action this week, as it attempts to claw back some of the advantage that the McLarens and Renaults are currently enjoying. With the other nine teams having ceased testing until late August, now is as good a time as any to look at the

testing statistics.

To date (18 July), Ferrari has tested 51 times since the 2005 F1 season began in March, or 60 if you count the nine occasions when they have tested simultaneously at two circuits. Whereas, Toyota and McLaren have used 24 of their 30 days, compared to WilliamsF1, Renault and BAR (all 23), Red Bull (20), Sauber (18), Jordan (8) and Minardi (4). Despite the fact that they have clearly tested far more than their rivals, in actual fact, Ferrari has not done much more mileage than BAR. The busiest test driver has been Luca Badoer, while the busiest race driver has been Takuma Sato, who narrowly edges out Michael Schumacher. The Michelin teams have completed more than three-times the mileage of the Bridgestone runners.

Teams

Team Miles Kms

Ferrari 17647.3 28401

BAR 15251.0 24544

Renault 13186.7 21222

McLaren 10398.8 16735

Toyota 9999.5 16093

WilliamsF1 8932.9 14376

Red Bull 7050.2 11346

Sauber 4460.9 7179

Jordan 2462.9 3964

Minardi 805.0 1296

Tyre Manufacturers

Tyre Miles Kms

M 69279.9 111495.1

B 20915.2 33659.7

Well, I suppose that Ferrari do need to do more testing as they have less teams on the Bridgestone tyres to help them, although it seems unfair that they're the only team not to have signed up to the agreement in my opinion.

JS.

B) Hey Monty---hate to spoil your slam at Ferrari but this ban aplies for ALL teams, get that? ALL TEAMS!

B) Hey Monty---hate to spoil your slam at Ferrari but this ban aplies for ALL teams,  get that? ALL TEAMS!

P.doc, you got it all wrong. This is not a thread to slander Ferrari. I have never objected to them testing as they were never part of the agreement.

I found this article and wanted to share it with everyone. You can't blame me if the author of the article decides to bad mouth Ferrari.

Don't shoot the Messenger P. Doc. :)

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_new...es_art_id=25238

P.doc, you got it all wrong. This is not a thread to slander Ferrari. I have never objected to them testing as they were never part of the agreement.

I found this article and wanted to share it with everyone. You can't blame me if the author of the article decides to bad mouth Ferrari.

Don't shoot the Messenger P. Doc.  :)

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_new...es_art_id=25238

SORRY-------

I was just correcting the bit about Ferrari testing during the ban.............. B)

the testing business was the first time I haerd of someone finding loopholes in a 'gentlemen's agreement'. the y probably hired lawyers to do it. who cost money. which defeats the whole point of oh why do I bother..

the testing business was the first time I haerd of someone finding loopholes in a 'gentlemen's agreement'. the y probably hired lawyers to do it. who cost money. which defeats the whole point of oh why do I bother..

Yeah, rendering the agreement completely useless, I really think that it's a waste of time. Bernie and his friends don't, hence it's still in place.

To all intents and purposes, testing is now banned until late August, as teams enjoy the summer break, once the German and Hungarian Grand Prix are out of the way. That said, with Ferrari not having signed up to the 30-day test limit agreed to by its nine rivals, it's understood that the Italian team will be back in action this week, as it attempts to claw back some of the advantage that the McLarens and Renaults are currently enjoying. With the other nine teams having ceased testing until late August, now is as good a time as any to look at the

testing statistics.

To date (18 July), Ferrari has tested 51 times since the 2005 F1 season began in March, or 60 if you count the nine occasions when they have tested simultaneously at two circuits. Whereas, Toyota and McLaren have used 24 of their 30 days, compared to WilliamsF1, Renault and BAR (all 23), Red Bull (20), Sauber (18), Jordan (8) and Minardi (4). Despite the fact that they have clearly tested far more than their rivals, in actual fact, Ferrari has not done much more mileage than BAR. The busiest test driver has been Luca Badoer, while the busiest race driver has been Takuma Sato, who narrowly edges out Michael Schumacher. The Michelin teams have completed more than three-times the mileage of the Bridgestone runners.

Teams

Team  Miles Kms

Ferrari  17647.3 28401

BAR  15251.0 24544

Renault 13186.7 21222

McLaren  10398.8 16735

Toyota  9999.5 16093

WilliamsF1  8932.9 14376

Red Bull  7050.2 11346

Sauber  4460.9 7179

Jordan  2462.9 3964

Minardi  805.0 1296

Tyre Manufacturers

Tyre Miles Kms

M 69279.9 111495.1

B 20915.2 33659.7

Unlimited testing, favourtism from bridgetone, special tyre warming box, special oil form shell, special treatment by FIA, what else do you think ferrari will get in the future? I think it would be a turbo V8 for 2006. :lol::lol::lol:

Unlimited testing, favourtism from bridgetone, special tyre warming box, special oil form shell, special treatment by FIA, what else do you think ferrari will get in the future? I think it would be a turbo V8 for 2006.  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Williams have built tire warming boxes also and BARF1 are using an interesting deal to warm their wheels it looked like a double blanket ;)

"what about the breaking of the gentlemen's agreement by running more cars by certain teams?"

which teams? when?