Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

So!!! What About Jpm? Huh!!!

No.  All I'm trying to do is to establish some fairly obvious facts.

For instance nojvnof1, you, Monty and others are suggesting that only race performance matters when obviously this is incorrect - if you spin in qualifying it affects your race, as it did to JPM because otherwise he would have won.

Another fact that amazingly people have disagreed with is the necessity of taking into account the cars driven.

Overall JPM was beaten by a slower car purely because of a mistake.  Therefore, despite a good raceday performace, I don't see how he could have had a good weekend overall.

I just can't understand why you can keep disagreeing without providing any arguments or evidence.  Anyway I can see I am not going to convince anybody here.

Ok, lets put JPM's qualifying performance to one side...

JPM overtook every driver on the track bar KR and FA - If you had been watching the live streaming you would have noted that he was lapping in the lap 1:15's to early 1:16's per lap to ensure that he had a sufficient gap to JB before his pitstop - JB, at the time was lapping in the 1:17's so had no chance of getting ahead of JPM.

As for Senna's comment that JB had the faster race lap to JPM, it was of no consequence as JB posted it when it didn't matter - When he needed to post quick laps he couldn't and there lies the difference in the respective races - If JB had maintained his position at the start and not been overtaken by FA and MS, both of whom were significantly heavier than the BAR, then I'm sure JB would have beaten JPM to 2nd place.

I can remember races where MS, RB, Nigel Mansell, Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost et al have made similar comebacks in a race, all of whcih have been hailed as fantastic - JPM's performance was just as good.

This is just my opinion and I support MS/JB as drivers

OK thanks for your reasoned opinion. I still disagree with the first line in your post because I want to talk about his whole weekend (I've already said he drove a good race btw but it was unfortunately hampered by his qualifying mistake). Anyway we are not going to agree on this I think.

No, I haven't. Could you tell me where he posted them? I still think that Monty's remarks were out of order, though, and I would say the same regardless of who posted them. It seems to be happening more and more recently and should have no place on this forum. Yes, JR's drunken rants can be offensive; I don't dispute that; but he does apologise.

jr also once said here whilst drunk (i assume) that sato should be physically bashed, because of the fact he's japanese. i've got nothing against jr, he's quite a loveable chap on here most of the time, but what monty said is in fact not out of order, nor false.

No.  All I'm trying to do is to establish some fairly obvious facts.

For instance nojvnof1, you, Monty and others are suggesting that only race performance matters when obviously this is incorrect - if you spin in qualifying it affects your race, as it did to JPM because otherwise he would have won.

Another fact that amazingly people have disagreed with is the necessity of taking into account the cars driven.

Overall JPM was beaten by a slower car purely because of a mistake.  Therefore, despite a good raceday performace, I don't see how he could have had a good weekend overall.

I just can't understand why you can keep disagreeing without providing any arguments or evidence.  Anyway I can see I am not going to convince anybody here.

Indeed.

jr also once said here whilst drunk (i assume) that sato should be physically bashed, because of the fact he's japanese.  i've got nothing against jr, he's quite a loveable chap on here most of the time, but what monty said is in fact not out of order, nor false.

Not racist personally, but I think people who consider themselves above others racially are in for a big surprise for the next 10 years.

The world is no longer just about the west, nor will it be in the future.