Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Autosport: Raikkonen Adopts Gamesmanship

Yes, I don't think you're wrong, you seem pretty good to admit that FA was intending to cheat (many of his supporters don't acknowledge that), but your view is very different to mine (in other words I think you shouldn't believe the report).

Yeah mate. It

One of the few posters in this forum which I highly respect.  :)

Back to the topic. Does anyone know how reliable is this Autosport? Are they respected amongst the fans? This is the second report that I have come across inthe last couple of days and the other one I think is from f1i.com and even that had some harsh words for Kimi.

Autosport used to be a highly respected motorsport publication, but I think it has gone downmarket in recent years in the search for wider readership. This may be a story based on anecdotal evidence rather than being reported by the magazine staff on the spot. If true, then I would hesitate to call it cheating, but it would most certainly be gamesmanship, giving oneself an advantage without breaking the rules, but in an unsportsmanlike manner. Until the incident can be verified, though, I'll reserve judgement.

If there was any significane to this story I think it would be published on highly respectable sites like itv-f1.com, and f1.com

If there was any significane to this story I think it would be published on highly respectable sites like itv-f1.com, and f1.com

Yeah, I agree. Maybe they're just filling column space.

Autosport used to be a highly respected motorsport publication, but I think it has gone downmarket in recent years in the search for wider readership. This may be a story based on anecdotal evidence rather than being reported by the magazine staff on the spot. If true, then I would hesitate to call it cheating, but it would most certainly be gamesmanship, giving oneself an advantage without breaking the rules, but in an unsportsmanlike manner. Until the incident can be verified, though, I'll reserve judgement.

Autosport is still a highly respected motosport publication and it also publishes F1 racing, the fact that it now requires a monetary subscription may influence non subscribers opinions, but ITV-F1.com regularly quote autosport as an information source. - This article is not on their website

Autosport is still a highly respected motosport publication and it also publishes F1 racing, the fact that it now requires a monetary subscription may influence non subscribers opinions, but ITV-F1.com regularly quote autosport as an information source. - This article is not on their website

Are you talking about the magazine or the website? I subscribe to the magazine but not the website.

Are you talking about the magazine or the website? I subscribe to the magazine but not the website.

I thought you got free access to the website with a magazine subscription

I thought you got free access to the website with a magazine subscription

I didn't see anything like that in the bumph. But now you've mentioned it I maybe I should find out.

So what if he did do it deliberately?? Its all tactics.  Theres no rule against it. U bunch of moaners

2 rite. They all bend the rules a little a la FA in Canada. If anything I think its quite good, if he did do it. In fact I'm surprised it hasn't happened before with one-lap qualifying.

Yes thats assuming that the story is true. I suppose then we can say schumacher isnt a real champion, and is a complete b#####d, cos he rammed damon hill in 1994

Damon Hill was one of the dirtiest drivers in F1!!! MS and JPM are no saints, but "making your car wider", having a "racing accident" and crashing into someone are not the same. Every driver has at one time or another gone wide in a turn to force someone onto the dirty side of the track or as David Hobbs says, "mow the grass".

CART has Paul Tracy and the IRL had Michael Andretti.

Kimi is not a dirty B#####d, I am sure he followed orders from the grinning Cheshire cat Ron Dennis in the pits.

Should he be called into Bernie's office, no, but I think something should be said when the drivers get together in Hungary. Bernie or big bad Max should warn them that penalties will be assessed for reckless driving such as

Maybe raikkonen generally made a mistake and took his eye off the ball when finishing his brilliant lap and just made a little mistake going into the first corner. it's probably very easy to do. I'm not going to press this anymore. KR didn't 'cheat'.

JS.

Damon Hill was one of the dirtiest drivers in F1!!! MS and JPM are no saints, but "making your car wider", having a "racing accident" and crashing into someone are not the same. Every driver has at one time or another gone wide in a turn to force someone onto the dirty side of the track or as David Hobbs says, "mow the grass".

CART has Paul Tracy and the IRL had Michael Andretti.

Kimi is not a dirty B#####d, I am sure he followed orders from the grinning Cheshire cat Ron Dennis in the pits.

Should he be called into Bernie's office, no, but I think something should be said when the drivers get together in Hungary. Bernie or big bad Max should warn them that penalties will be assessed for reckless driving such as

Maybe raikkonen generally made a mistake and took his eye off the ball when finishing his brilliant lap and just made a little mistake going into the first corner. it's probably very easy to do. I'm not going to press this anymore. KR didn't 'cheat'.

JS.

Agree with you... furthermore the most important thing is that no camera picked up that shot, only that ONE mentioned in the article, and they're not showing it either, not even a pic.

No evidence to suggest that he'd even went off track. And even if he did, like you said, didn't have to be intentional.

Agree with you... furthermore the most important thing is that no camera picked up that shot, only that ONE mentioned in the article, and they're not showing it either, not even a pic.

No evidence to suggest that he'd even went off track. And even if he did, like you said, didn't have to be intentional.

Speed tv didn't show the off but showed FA going thru the dirt on the track for what it's worth and the broadcast team made mention that Kimi put it there--but no big deal about it.................. B)

At the end Alonso won and Kimmi didnt end the race...so it doesnt matter :P

HA HA Damon Hill 1 of the dirtiest drivers in F1..................please explain cos it must surely be a funny explanation

HA HA Damon Hill 1 of the dirtiest drivers in F1..................please explain cos it must surely be a funny explanation

It is a ludicrous notion.

Justify that outrageous comment.  The complete opposite is true, Damon was the perfect gentleman. 

It is a ludicrous notion.

WOW, calm down gentlemen. I did not expect such a beating....

How else do you explain all the incidents with MS, Damon has to be at fault, it could not have been the fault of a young and pushy MS trying to make a name for himself....

I know Damon was one of the last gentlemen of the sport, DC is the last true gentlemen left. Hill bowed out gracefully and the last couple of years could have yelled and screamed after being left out in the cold for no reason. He then tried to survive with lesser teams and came close to showing them his true worth a few times.

He came into F1 late with minimal experience did well the first 3 years or so and for some unknown reason was forced out to soon.

This generation has lost something, some are polite and seen genuinely nice, but they could learn a thing or two from the likes of Hill, DC, Senna and Sir Jackie!!

I did not mean to get you guys so fired up. Sorry