Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USAF1

Your Take On The Race

What are your thoughts on the race - what was the biggest surprise, the biggest disappointment?

Personally I was happy to see the RedBull team do well & place mid-pack w/both Klien & DC in the top 10. DC was so close to pulling a top 5, but not quite. Being a newbie to F1, my biggest surprise was seeing footage of last year's race when Kimi lost the rear wing off his car. :blink: I was pleased - in a perverse & repellent sense - to see Sato 'pull a Sato' during the GP, just so I knew all the hype about his crash-worthiness was real. ;)

Sato is safer nowadays, I think this is the first incident since nurburgring 2004. I was surprised that villeneuve managed to get crashed into twice (I know they werent his fault, calm down)

Sato is safer nowadays, I think this is the first incident since nurburgring 2004. I was surprised that villeneuve managed to get crashed into twice (I know they werent his fault, calm down)

Three times, I think: RB, RD and TM. Not all his fault but that's incredible timing: managing to be at the scene of the accident 3 times in one race.

Glad to see Indy hasn't put you off USAF1. I too was delighted to see DC doing well. Re Sato for me the fact that he hit Fisi was almost lost in his sheer mediocrity for the whole season. MS's performance was good and McLaren/Mercedes' pitiful again due to the failure on KR's car.

Biggest supprise: kimi's car failing to finish the race.

Biggest Disapointment: lack of overtaking.

JS.

You are not suggesting that the retirement was his fault though?  I was not surprised either given that someone in McLaren/Mercedes wants to hand the title to Renault ASAP.

yes it's definitely kimi's driving style! you don't see the smooth driving jenson, i mean juan pablo, with the same failures now do you? :P;)

C'mon, nobody was expecting it once the race was underway and he had a 30 second lead... I certainly didn't anyway.

JS.

yes it's definitely kimi's driving style! you don't see the smooth driving jenson, i mean juan pablo, with the same failures now do you? :P;)

not Kimi's fault it was a brain fart by a mechanic.......... B)

KR is smoother than JPM

anyway I certainly hope that mechanic was given a sack or warning letter, he has caused KR+Mac to lose a victory + potentially millions of dollars.

I was half expecting something to happen to his car. Not only he hasn't finished a race in Hockenheim, he's had terrible luck at N'ring as well.

I suggest he mark a big X over those two circuits on the calendar, and consider they don't exist.

You are not suggesting that the retirement was his fault though?  I was not surprised either given that someone in McLaren/Mercedes wants to hand the title to Renault ASAP.

Certainly not! but even Kimi fans must admitt that the guy is either jinxed or that Mclaren for some weird reason do not want to be WCC and WDC

Glad to see Indy hasn't put you off USAF1.  I too was delighted to see DC doing well.  Re Sato for me the fact that he hit Fisi was almost lost in his sheer mediocrity for the whole season.  MS's performance was good and McLaren/Mercedes' pitiful again due to the failure on KR's car.

I've just recently discovered F1 & am absolutely enthralled by the circuit. IMHO it's so much better than oval racing which dominates the US market. ::barf:: Indy was a clusterfvck, plain & simple. I wish there was the potential for bringing another F1 race stateside myself. I like the potential of the RBR team, tho I'm not sure about the change to Bridgestone & Ferrari engines. From what I know Cosworth makes pretty good power plants, and Michelin seems to be the superior tire. I hope RBR doesn't do a backslide w/the significant equipment switch after having a pretty good maiden season. <_<