Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

Who Was The First To Hit The 19,000 Rpm Mark

im having a little fight with my mate over who the first person was to go over the 19,000 RPM mark. i said it was JPM at Monza in 2002 or maybe i said 2003 i cant rember but my mate is saying it was Ralf the year befour at the US GP. can some one help me. i have $5 on this so prove me right.

Thanks

I can't remember to be honest, they've slowed the cars down since so I doubt that it'll be done again too soon. Just take the money anyway.

JS.

It was 20,000, and I think It was JPM at Monza in 02' I think.

Ooh, I didn't think that the 20,000 had been reached yet. Thank you for informing us of that PD. I thought that it was Ralf anyway. lol

JS.

aparently the new cosworth v8 has already broken 21000 rpm. On a test bed but none the less it is there.

AR5 no it was 19,000 RPM no raced engine in a F1 car has done 20,000. yea i heard that about the new Cosworth as well. that would be sending virbrations through the car

apparently the vibrations aren't as bad as the other V8 engines going around.

correct me if I am wrong but according to another F1 tech web site the MAXIMUM passible from a V10 engine with regards to RPM is 19,000 !!! This is all because of engine breathing etc within the rules as layed out !!

I clearly saw on a movie that JPM did in fact break 20,000 at Monza in 2002, and they had the little counter there too.

It was Italy 2002, both drivers hit 19K rpm. Most teams were running 19,500 up until the end of last year. Cosworth have hit 20k rPOM in testing their V8, but even then most V8s will be at similar revs to the old V10s

Quote "BMW Motorsport director Mario Theissen was proud to confirm that Juan Pablo Montoya and Ralf Schumacher both broke through the 19,000rpm barrier for the first time during qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix.

The BMW V10s in the back of the Williams FW24s both reached engine speeds of 19,050rpm, as against the 17,000rpm that was clocked when BMW made its F1 return at Melbourne in March 2000.

"With this record figure we have once again raised the threshold in terms of our engine performance," said Theissen. "For an engineer it is thrilling to see figures which not so long ago were considered unattainable, suddenly becoming reality."

For those of you with a technical mind, 19,000rpm translates to 158 ignitions per second for each cylinder - so now you know.

"

It was also the lap record and fastest race time wasnt it? Montoya took a clean sweep of the weekend in that respect. No idea if its been beaten now, but such was the restrictions imposed at the end of the season for the new rules, it seemed that his record would stand for a while. As Monza is the shortest lap I beleive.

But Montoya was first for sure, they even did a limited edition run of signed model cars to commemorate the whole fastest race time / lap / highest achieved RPM.

^^^^^^^ THE ABOVE IS INCORRECTLY POSTED ^^^^^^^
PROBABLY  MALWARE WILL INFECT UR DEVICE

WARNING ALERT

PROBABLY WILL INFECT UR DEVICE

WARNING ALERT

^^^^^^^ THE ABOVE IS incorrectly POSTED ^^^^^^^
PROBABLY  MALWARE WILL INFECT UR DEVICE

WARNING ALERT

PROBABLY MALWARE WILL INFECT UR DEVICE

^^^^^^^ THE ABOVE IS incorrectly POSTED ^^^^^^^