Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Williams & Cosworth

does that not RING podium finishes in years past ?

Lets hope they can replicate history again :D

Well, it could certainly happen if Williams get the Aero package better. Judging by their history. They're set to do pretty well I think.

JS.

They need to find something to make their cars better if they want to get back to the top and compete with the other teams like Renault and McLaren

They need to find something to make their cars better if they want to get back to the top and compete with the other teams like Renault and McLaren

They have a wind tunnel, good engineers and a proven record. All they need is a good driver to supply them with good feedback and they will be OK. JB is the guy they need. I think the the young drivers have hurt them a little this year. Guys like JB, RB, JV, DC would have been able to offer better feedback, then NH or MW. Nothing against these drivers, but they just haven't been at the top level before, and may be in a little over their heads when it comes to car set up.

The race in Formula 1 is in the design as much as it is on the track.

JB wont be driving for Williams in 2006. i think its been JPM that has brought down williams areo over the past years. i dont think that Williams will lose much by going to Ford sorry i mean Cosworth because the engine in the back of the minardi is going faster through the speend traps then the Williams. BMW have become a mid pack at best engine and much of Williams bad seasion is due to them. the only thing that Williams will lose will be a works engine but because they will be the only cosworth with a V8 they will still get a lot form cosworth.

"i think its been JPM that has brought down williams areo over the past years."

how so? On their aero, they aero guys are to blame as they had the wind tunnel incorrectly calibrated at one stage and that screwed things up big time. I think the Cosworth engine will be good for Williams.