Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjoseph

Monteiro To Enter The Guinness Book ?

After having beaten the record recently held by Jackie Stewart for over 40 years by recording the most number of consecutive races finished by a rookie driver in the Formula One series, Tiago Monteiro can now seriously consider the fact that his name will appear in the Guinness book of the records.

In fact, when the Portuguese driver crossed the finish line in the German Grand Prix last weekend, he notched up twelve successive finishes even if it seemed doubtful at one stage of the race, with Tiago acknowledging that he though his

TIAGO MONTEIRO RULES ...

He is a good driver, and knows what kind of car he is driving and what to expect of it.

The reward is that is driving a F1 and going to ginness book of records but most of all is enjoing evry minute of it

First a podium finish and now this, it's been a good year for Tiago... If he stays consistent, he might get picked up by a better team and have some success. He has been one of the better back markers.

I'm happy for him, he seems to really enjoy racing. Don't know much about him other than from race weekends, guess it's time to surf so I can read up on him as a person.

and WELCOME paguas, glad to have you on board!!

er... yeah.. podium finish maybe but there's no chance in hell of that happening again realistically is there? Tiago's ok, but despite his amount of finishes, I still reckon Albers is the best rookie driver and that Tiago isn't really anything special, just lucky he has a reliable car and he was lucky he didn't go out with his smash with JV the other weekend.

I refuse to say there was even a USGP. I feel embaressed for even supporting F1 after that. So no it wasnt a podium finish, and to be perfectly frank, tiago hasnt been very impressive this year. consisten yes but noting at all special!

er... yeah.. podium finish maybe but there's no chance in hell of that happening again realistically is there?  Tiago's ok, but despite his amount of finishes, I still reckon Albers is the best rookie driver and that Tiago isn't really anything special, just lucky he has a reliable car and he was lucky he didn't go out with his smash with JV the other weekend.

Exactly, I totally agree. I'm glad he's made the book, but really, that's about it. He has got a bad car, but he's still against an awful team-mate, he's bound to look quite good.

JS.

Exactly, I totally agree. I'm glad he's made the book, but really, that's about it. He has got a bad car, but he's still against an awful team-mate, he's bound to look quite good.

JS.

according to P-F1 karthikeyn is the one beating Monteiro!

Yes, Monteiro has done well to stay out of trouble and deserves to be the most successful rookie driver in F1 on one statistical measure

Well, i'd rather have the fastest driver in my team than a slower driver whom finishes races but doesn't race well.

JS.

:lol:   :lol:   :lol: First a podium finish :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   and now this, it's been a good year for Tiago... If he stays consistent, he might get picked up by a better team and have some success. He has been one of the better back markers.

I'm happy for him, he seems to really enjoy racing. Don't know much about him other than from race weekends, guess it's time to surf so I can read up on him as a person.

and WELCOME paguas, glad to have you on board!!

Guess I forgot to put all the smilie faces around that comment about the podium finish. I fixed it here :rolleyes: I was being SARCASTIC with this comment.

JR. I tell people that I have been to all 5 1/2 USGP's held at Indy and anyone that knows F! (not many here in US) totally understand what I mean. The others, just nod and make belive they know.

there was a quote from kolles in f1 racing that NK is quicker but he doesnt have the car to prove it. TM is unexciting, personally I'd rather see NK sliding than TM's laps. he wont get too far in a good car driving like that.

That will probably be the case, the fact is. We can't really get too excited about bottom of the grid drivers whom are just average and are driving a rubbish car.

JS.