Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

1000 Bhp For Honda

yeah,in fact the braham team(powered by the BMW turbo-charged engine reached 1400hp)when nelson piquet won the WDC in the 1980s,but it was realy expensive :(

so you could change the engine in the 80's and not get penalized?

ROTFLMAO mate you could change ANYTHING in the 80's and not get any penalties :D those were the good ole days, sliding skirts, adjustable wings from the c##kpit (I think that was early eighties) whatever! and no Bloody MAX around to stuff it all up hehehehehehehehehe :rolleyes:

so you could change the engine in the 80's and not get penalized?

Yeah the rule about that has only come in recently for 'cost cutting' reasons. I believe it was only a few years ago, if that, they brought in this rule. I think the 2 race engine is asking a bit much... however Minardi seem to have done OK with it so can't be all bad. :lol:

I thought there were limits on horsepower of the engines in the technical regs though?

I'd hate to see BAR hypothetically win and then have it taken away like their good result at Imola.

ahh I just thought there were, I thought the regs were very specific about engine regs beyond whether it's a V10 or V8 etc.

In my mind this was the reason that the 1000BHP barrier hadn't quite been broken yet... (without turbo or other 'enhancements') but if there's nowt stopping 'em then fair play, I just hope BAR don't bend the rules to achieve it and get penalised again.

Of course it's possible I'm thinking of CART, IRL or one of the other single seater categories.

How could the bend the rules to achieve 1000hp? other sitck a turbo chargher in there which would be blatantly obvious. Honda will get to the 1000hp mark, they already can but the challenge is to make it reliable. Hopefully they will be in such an engine sequence that they infact have a new engine at Shanghia instead of carrying it over from Suzuka.