Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Please Explain This To Me

"It was a great strategy," Dennis declared. "I think we completely out-foxed Ferrari and that was great."

err what on earth does he mean?

he thinks his strategy was great, alot better than Ferrari's :lol: Nah, in all seriousness I can see why you're confused, I really don't see the point in that, unless it's a reference to how Kimi jumped Michael in the pitstops or something.

yes it must have taken a supreme effort for him to figure out how to get ahead of a driver who's over a second slower. kudos to the big bald brain for coming up with the pitstop leapfrog, never done before in all history.

and how it is almost impossible to pass a RED car with M.S. at the wheel whitout YOU loosing a wheel :D:D:D:D

yes it must have taken a supreme effort for him to figure out how to get ahead of  a driver  who's over a second slower. kudos to the big bald brain for coming up with the pitstop leapfrog, never done before in all history.

But had it been the other way around

yes it must have taken a supreme effort for him to figure out how to get ahead of  a driver  who's over a second slower. kudos to the big bald brain for coming up with the pitstop leapfrog, never done before in all history.

Lol. Exactly. I really don't know why ron was getting so worked up about, maybe he was just exagerating as he was so overhjoyed with Kimi's win.

JS.

I think ron means Ferrari expected KR to 2 stop when he 3 stopped but had a very light fuel middle stop so it wa smuch shorter than Ferrari expected.

I think ron means Ferrari expected KR to 2 stop when he 3 stopped but had a very light fuel middle stop so it wa smuch shorter than Ferrari expected.

ferrari think tank: hmm kimi is first out hmm that doesnt look like a bad time hmm oh wow he ended up 4th. but obviously since he is an extremely talented driver who can find many tenths out of nowhere, the obvious conclusion is that he must have a very heavy fuel load to qualify so far ahead while running first.

please.....

This is what I think Ron meant:

Kimi pitted on lap 11 and that pit stop took 22.2 seconds. Schumacher pitted on lap 15 and it took 22.5 seconds. So before their first pit stop Ferrari would have thought that they have a good shot at the race because they just put the same amount of fuel in like Mclaren and they will run slightly longer in the second stint.

Kimi pitted to Ferrari's amazement a lap later than Schumi at the second stint. Schumi on Lap 36 and Kimi on Lap 37, so it shows that Kimi actually drove 5 laps more during second stint with the same amount of fuel put in in during the first pit stop. I think Ron asked Kimi to pit earlier at the first stint to hoodwink Ferrari in to believing that he had only 11 laps worth of fuel.

Does this make sense?

Does this make sense?

they had a car that was a frigging second faster minimum. if their cars did not have a tendency to break down they could have got a 1-2 on 5 stoppers. the fact that one car broke down should make him a bit introspective rather than be so smug.