Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Best Ever Driver?

Disagree with that, this years car is a prime example of a car that isn't all that competitive, as was 96 and 97's Ferrari's I seem to remember.

And where is Schumacher now?

Its the first time since his Jordan time(and maybe ferrari at the beggining), that he is struggling with the lack of potential of his team.

So this season doesnt count.

Disagree with that, this years car is a prime example of a car that isn't all that competitive, as was 96 and 97's Ferrari's I seem to remember. Also McLaren had superior car in 98  and Schumi took that down to the last round.

I agree with you of-course that Schumi won at all with the '96 pig is a downright miracle, and you could argue the the '94 and '95 Williams was the equal if not a hair better than the Bennetons of the same year.............................

I agree that the '96 car was a pig, the '97 car started off as one but got better as the year went on whilst the Williams suffered from Newey's departure. Benetton had the superior car in both '94 and '95 in my opinion.

I agree that the '96 car was a pig, the '97 car started off as one but got better as the year went on whilst the Williams suffered from Newey's departure. Benetton had the superior car in both '94 and '95 in my opinion.

an opinion is an opinion guys, question who is the best is depending on who do you like & favour... the answer to that is subjective & arguable & not conclusive...

senna, schumi, prost, fangio et el ... all of them are the best bcoz they've won the c'ships.. kimi / alonso? well ... lets wait & see, who knows suddenly that lady-not-so-lucky is with them for the rest of the season :rolleyes: ... guess what? it could be schumi again .... hahahhah :D

For me, no contest Senna was the greatest!

Im not a fan of Shumacher, and im not denying he is a great driver but here are some reasons I feel Senna is better:

-Senna had competitive team-mates who were allowed to challenge him during his career(Notably Prost), Schumacher has not once had a team-mate who was allowed to do this.

-Shumacher has had a competitive car throughout his career, this was not the case for Senna who raced for Toleman(who were well off the pace) & Lotus(Similar to a BAR type pace in comparisen nowadays).

-People say Shum has the records but he has raced far more races with less compitition.

Senna raced up against Prost, Piquet, Mansell...

Shumacher against Villeneurve, Hill, Hakkinen(Who were no-where near the class of the above). Only in the past season or two have superb drivers like Alonso & Raikkenen come onto the F1 Scene. I recon the best two contenders to his crown.

I totally agree.

For me the best ever driver is without dobut Michael Schumacher, I like him for his hunger to win and for his brilliance behind the wheel.

I can only take into account drivers who i've seen racing - so I have to say Schumacher. Since he's been in f1, no-one has matched his all-round ability. His only downfall is he's prone to mistakes when under pressure. I rate MS over senna cos of MS's amazing team-leadership and motivation skills, used to very good effect at benetton and ferrari

Jim Clark followed by Jackie Stewart

I will throw another name into the hat, my all time favourite driver Ronnie Peterson

Even Mario admitted that Ronnie would have won Mario's title but for having to play a supporting role to Mario and Ronnie showed a young Niki Lauda the way not long before Lauda went to Ferrari

AP = Alain Prost = Worst ever driver in F-1

AS = Ayrton Senna = Best ever driver in F-1

i have no a single clue how Worst has 4 WDC and 51 wins

and best has 3 WDC and 41 wins

Plus, Best loose more seasons to Worst ...

MS - offtopic, he never raced a season in same team with another WDC.

MS - is most Successfull, oke, no doubt from me !

AS - is best Qualifier, oke, no problem !

AP - is best ever racer (race driver) - just imho.

p.s. life is just © Bruce Almighty.

Who do you feel is/was the ebst ever driver in F1 history. For me, Ayrton Senna.

You have asked this question before and I have given you an expanded version of the following answer:

Senna is the greatest but Schumacher is the best.

AP = Alain Prost = Worst ever driver in F-1

AS = Ayrton Senna = Best ever driver in F-1

i have no a single clue how Worst has 4 WDC and 51 wins

and best has 3 WDC and 41 wins

Plus, Best loose more seasons to Worst ...

MS - offtopic, he never raced a season in same team with another WDC.

MS - is most Successfull, oke, no doubt from me !

AS - is best Qualifier, oke, no problem !

AP - is best ever racer (race driver) - just imho.

p.s. life is just

Can you translate this into English for me kup?

Oh and we have had many topics about this same subject, too many really

Best ever driver (by Wins) (not just F-1, but all racing)

http://www.racing-database.com/

Wery (very-very in short =) good site with Stats !

I now can say my Top-10 drivers ever (not just f1)

# Driver Wins

1 Michael Schumacher 94

2 Jim Clark 71

3 Stirling Moss 68

4 Jack Brabham 68

5 Jacky Ickx 64

6 Juan Manuel Fangio 55

7 Jackie Stewart 52

8 Emerson Fittipaldi 51

9 Alain Prost 51

10 Tazio Nuvolari 45

Aha ! Moss is 3rd ! Great !

Best ever driver (by Wins) (not just F-1, but all racing)

http://www.racing-database.com/

Wery (very-very in short =) good site with Stats !

I now can say my Top-10 drivers ever (not just f1)

# Driver Wins

1 Michael Schumacher 94

2 Jim Clark 71

3 Stirling Moss 68

4 Jack Brabham 68

5 Jacky Ickx 64

6 Juan Manuel Fangio 55

7 Jackie Stewart 52

8 Emerson Fittipaldi 51

9 Alain Prost 51

10 Tazio Nuvolari 45

Aha ! Moss is 3rd ! Great !

I

Senna, I doubt there can be any argument.

Close contenders are Clark, Moss, Fangio, Prost and Schumacher.

You won

Why NO poll here ?

Who is best ? Driver with most wins or Wins/Gp ? or Pts/Gp ?

I think (since 22-10-2005) in period 1950-2000 best is CLARK

Why NO poll here ?

We regularly have polls regarding the best driver ever and Senna always wins, followed by Michael Schumacher. We do not need, nor should we want, any more!

Who is best ? Driver with most wins or Wins/Gp ? or Pts/Gp ?

I think (since 22-10-2005) in period 1950-2000 best is CLARK

This is a nonsensical argument! Absolute statistics are fundamentally flawed, relative statistics are considerably better but statistics can never account for the quality of machinery, quality of team-mates and quality of opposition etc. Statistics are interesting, you will often see me quote them, but an appreciation of the context in which they were achieved is vital. Consider this example:

Poles:

Ayrton: 65

Michael: 64

From these absolute statistics it looks as if there is hardly any difference between the qualifying performances of Senna and M. Schumacher. Now consider the basic relative statistics.

Because Ayrton only did 162 Grand Prix compared to Michael