Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Best Ever Driver?

Best ever driver (by Wins) (not just F-1, but all racing)

http://www.racing-database.com/

Wery (very-very in short =) good site with Stats !

I now can say my Top-10 drivers ever (not just f1)

# Driver Wins

1 Michael Schumacher 94

2 Jim Clark 71

3 Stirling Moss 68

4 Jack Brabham 68

5 Jacky Ickx 64

6 Juan Manuel Fangio 55

7 Jackie Stewart 52

8 Emerson Fittipaldi 51

9 Alain Prost 51

10 Tazio Nuvolari 45

Aha ! Moss is 3rd ! Great !

You will probably find Senna raced less races than all those drivers!

Senna is the greatest!!!

By the way @kup... How old are you, have you ever seen senna race?

I think Kup is pointing out that a lot of the drivers on his list raced in other series at the same time as they raced in F1. Not sure why, though.

How can people argue Senna was the greatest?

I hope you mean to say: how can people argue that Senna was not the greatest?

My words were jumbled, I meant how can people ARGUE the fact that Senna is the greatest...he clearly is.

Thanks for clearing that up because you actually originally

As far as I know Michael Schumacher and Aryton Senna never properly raced against each other so you can't say who is the superior driver. Everyone says Senna was and I am sure they speak a great deal of sense but they both do things very similar. (Japan 1990, Adelaide 1994, Jerez 1997) for instance and also their incredible ability in wet conditions. (Donnington Park 1993, Spain 1996). And I think Senna may have found the pressure mounting on him in 1994 eventhough he was better than Michael and from what I have read about he was catching Schumacher and spun out in doing so. Michael went on to win that race. At the Pacific Grand Prix of 1994 Senna was again on Pole but Schumacher won due to an accident which I cannot state was Senna's or the other drivers fault.

No one in my opinion can take this status away from Michael Schumacher.

As far as I know Michael Schumacher and Aryton Senna never properly raced against each other so you can't say who is the superior driver. Everyone says Senna was and I am sure they speak a great deal of sense but they both do things very similar. (Japan 1990, Adelaide 1994, Jerez 1997)

You are 14 years old. You couldn

This is your opinion which I respect much of because he was a great racing driver. Put him against Michael Schumacher in the F2002 or even the F2004 and then at the end of the race we could decide who is the superior. Many people have said they can't be compared but I don't think Senna would be the one with 7 titles just as I don't think Michael also would be the one with 7 world titles if Senna never interfered.

'This is your opinion which I respect much of....'

Furthermore onto that many people don't like Michael Schumacher and excuse the team and him or 'cheating' when he is at his most dominant purely based on jealously or true facts. No one is in the same league as Michael and no one will ever match this Ferrari/Schumacher era. He is the greatest.

I may be 14 years old and you must be older obviously and have more knowledge about Formula one than myself but think of it this way. If Senna was driving the F2005 this year and Alonso was now champion would anyone say he was losing his touch? Not good enough for Formula one? Everyone has more respect for Senna than Schumacher I believe and I think it is partly to do with his tragic death but no one can say at this moment in time Schumacher was beaten this season by Alonso or Raikkonen. That isn't anything to do with the 2005 season. Ferrari clearly beat themselves this season.

Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna. That's a period. No Schumacher. :P

If Senna had lived, I have no doubt in my mind that as much as I LOVE Ferrari and Michael Schumacher, Schumacher would not be a 7 time champion. I also believe he and Senna would have fought some good battles, both in races and in championships, but I cannot predict the score in those terms, or who would be the winner of more races and championships (although for some reason a score of 5-5 or similar comes to mind, in which case both drivers would be equalling Fangio's record).

Also Schumacher would probably not have all the records he has broken in recent years.

If Senna had lived, I have no doubt in my mind that as much as I LOVE Ferrari and Michael Schumacher, Schumacher would not be a 7 time champion. I also believe he and Senna would have fought some good battles, both in races and in championships, but I cannot predict the score in those terms, or who would be the winner of more races and championships (although for some reason a score of 5-5 or similar comes to mind, in which case both drivers would be equalling Fangio's record).

Also Schumacher would probably not have all the records he has broken in recent years.

I don

Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna. That's a period. No Schumacher. :P

Period ? "ever" ? hmm ... dunno ...

JC and AS both had fatal incidents, and who cnows what could be in 1999 GBR if ?

MS could be just 2-time WDC ... and JC with AS could be 5-time WDC if alive ...

By FACT in their presence JC and AS both were very strong, but it was another F-1, a different srory-ies.

MS vas as good as no one ever in 2002 and 2004 ...

To "Senna" (btw can you think of change a nick ? =)

AS could be WDC in 94-95-96-97 (Williams) and retire from F-1.

And also return to McL for 98-99 WDC Titles.

In those siz seasons (94-97-99) AS easily could be +2(+3) times WDC.

Anyway in 1997 AS is 37 yo (99-39), and AP was 38 in 93.

I just have NO idea how AS could be WDC in Ferrari, he could race in Fer car, oke, but with no chance to be WDC.

To "Senna" (btw can you think of change a nick ? =)

AS could be WDC in 94-95-96-97 (Williams) and retire from F-1.

And also return to McL for 98-99 WDC Titles.

In those siz seasons (94-97-99) AS easily could be +2(+3) times WDC.

Anyway in 1997 AS is 37 yo (99-39), and AP was 38 in 93.

I just have NO idea how AS could be WDC in Ferrari, he could race in Fer car, oke, but with no chance to be WDC.

He would have found a way. The car was quick in

I agree.

I don't think you just 'find a way' to win a world champion or even races in not such a good car. He was the master at his game but I don't even think Senna had the magic on some of the other drivers who weren't equally but somewhat near the class of himself.

I don't think you just 'find a way' to win a world champion or even races in not such a good car. He was the master at his game but I don't even think Senna had the magic on some of the other drivers who weren't equally but somewhat near the class of himself.

You never saw Senna race! In 1993, his McLaren MP4/8 was a very poor car

Hmm that would have been a total dream team if he had partnered Schumacher in Ferrari.

Senna would have been happy with such an arrangement but Schumacher certainly would not have been. Ayrton was happy to partner Prost at McLaren and battle against him in equal machinery with equal status. Schumacher

Senna would have been happy with such an arrangement but Schumacher certainly would not have been. Ayrton was happy to partner Prost at McLaren and battle against him in equal machinery with equal status. Schumacher

"Senna would have been happy with such an arrangement but Schumacher certainly would not have been. Ayrton was happy to partner Prost at McLaren and battle against him in equal machinery with equal status."

Prost said: it`s not Senna or Dennis to blame, that i desided to leave McLaren to Ferrari in 89-90 ... it is ... ??? =)

So status was equal in McLaren, but equipmen was a bit not ...

... i in no way blame Senna, we know who came to McL with him =)