Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash

Montezemelo Thanks Rubens

"MONTEZEMELO thanks RUBENS"

8/2/2005 10:37:05 PM ADT (GMT -3)

[Print This Article] [E-mail Article To A Friend]

Maranello, 2nd August 2005 - "We gave Rubens Barrichello the possibility of accepting an offer of a multi-year contract, longer therefore than the length of his relationship with us, while we also had the possibility of exercising an existing option in the contract we have with Felipe Massa, a young driver who nevertheless already has sufficient experience and whom we had already targeted as far back as 2001," stated President Luca di Montezemolo. "I wish to thank Rubens for his contribution over the past few years, which, to date, has helped us to win five Constructors' Championships. "From him, from everyone at Ferrari and from our technical partners, first and foremost Bridgestone, I am expecting maximum concentration and effort to get back to winning ways before the end of this season."

Sounds ok.

It's nice to hear encouraging words from the team of a driver whom is soon to be leaving them.

JS.

I heard the letter went something like....

"Dear Rubens,

Thank you for not once over-taking shumacher in your Ferrari career & moving over to let him over take you every second race. We are quite sure your hand must have been extreamly sore waving him past all the time.

A big thank you to you to helping us throw the race at indy this year. Our great Shumacher drove brilliantly for his only victory of the season beating 2 super Jordans & 2 lightling quick Minardi's and thanks to you Rubens you obeyed us on the radio and didnt pass him.

Thansk again for being the only driver in F1 that was paid to loose for 6 year

Kind regards

President Luca di sh*t head Montezemolo

"

"Dear Rubens,

Thank you for not once over-taking shumacher in your Ferrari career & moving over to let him over take you every second race. We are quite sure your hand must have been extreamly sore waving him past all the time.

A big thank you to you to helping us throw the race at indy this year. Our great Shumacher drove brilliantly for his only victory of the season beating 2 super Jordans & 2 lightling quick Minardi's and thanks to you Rubens you obeyed us on the radio and didnt pass him.

Kind regards

"

I reckon that you are not a Ferrari fan. :) Ferrari fans will be fuming as they read this post, but I can appreciate the humor in it. Good one mate. :D

I reckon that you are not a Ferrari fan.  :)   Ferrari fans will be fuming as they read this post, but I can appreciate the humor in it. Good one mate.  :D

Oh I see the haha's in this but he just loses credibility with these rants, I could go on but it's not worth it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Dear Rubens,

Kind regards

"

Then you heard wrong didn't you....

I imagine David Coulthard got a similar letter from McLaren, especially after Jerez 97 and Oz 98, among other races where he let Finns past, but of course you would deny all knowledge of this like the good unthinking drone you are.

confirmed!

fuming a lot!

call the firefighters! :lol:

Then you heard wrong didn't you....

I imagine David Coulthard got a similar letter from McLaren, especially after Jerez 97 and Oz 98, among other races where he let Finns past, but of course you would deny all knowledge of this like the good unthinking drone you are.

Loosen up a bit Will ya!!! The whole thing was written with HUMOR. Get It!!! Are you Ferrari Fans so uptight that you guys can't even bring yourselves to smile at a joke.

Loosen up a bit Will ya!!! The whole thing was written with HUMOR. Get It!!! Are you Ferrari Fans so uptight that you guys can't even bring yourselves to smile at a joke.

err hello? If I was actually fuming I wouldn't have replied at all, just PMed abuse :rolleyes:

I was making a similar joke about DC, but no-one else found that funny?

pot, kettle.

O' Damm, what have I started... Ive got the Ferrari clan fuming. haha.

To be perfecty honest Mclaren did a bit of team orders themselves this season when they called Kimi in the pits first under the safety car even though Monty was leading.

In the same race though Fisi held up Alonso when I thought Renault should have told him to get out the way of their quicker driver, So its a tricky topic I suppose... <_<