Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Istanbul Racing Circuit

Hermann Tilke, Track Architect: "Like every racetrack, the Istanbul Racing Circuit also has its very own character. One characteristic feature of the new circuit is that the cars race in an anti-clockwise direction. And there are a lot of ups and downs because of the local topography ? almost like in Spa. A major challenge for the drivers."

I beleive there are about 2 to 3 places that are perfect of overtaking.

Click on the link and once the page opens, click on the 3D view. Intresting site as well.

http://f1.allianz.com/azf1/sp/en/saison/st...4_istanbul.html

I don't like Tilke much but this track looks pretty good. Some interesting complexes and one good highspeed turn - a rarity in F1 now - that should be quite exciting for the drivers. It's too bad there isn't a proper straight, I doubt the cars will go much than 190 on this track. Elevation changes are essential for a racetrack IMO so that also bodes well.

B)

thanks for the link--it might be an interesting track and race

They do have a couple of overtaking places, but it should be a fun and interesting GP

Indeed it should.

It has all of the criteria for a perfect track really.

JS.

Ahh the 3d view,is the thing we get in our coverage from each race!

Looks ok i guess, but i'll reserve true judgement until i've seen a race there.

Just looked at the pic of the circuit and thought WOW it is good, but I was thinking it was running Clockwise ! anti clockwise it looks even better :blink:

should see some good racing there I feel

From the 3D view I like the layout & think it should provide a good race for fans & a fun drive for the pilots. I'm looking forward to it...

...It's too bad there isn't a proper straight, I doubt the cars will go much than 190 on this track...

I think turn 9 will be really fast making a good "almost" straight sector, I do think the cars will reach a good speed here (starting in turn 8 till 10).

turquia8bh.jpg

I will be in Innsbruck...I will miss the race certainly...but I dont care!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

looks very good if not a little basic! (the layout i mean)

doesn't seem basic when I tried driving on F1 '05. that said i misjudged a whole lotta braking areas, and I know the games aren't necessarily a good thing to judge difficulty by, but if it was good enough for Villeneuve to practise tracks before he went to them on F1 '97...

I know the games aren't necessarily a good thing to judge difficulty by, but if it was good enough for Villeneuve to practise tracks before he went to them on F1 '97...

and we can add that racing simulators back in 97 were far away the new ones...now every track is made with GPS, those years everything were made at hand.

How can going in a circle fast be difficult?

:blink:

I agree.

left turn...

left turn...

left turn...

left turn...

Lap Complete.

Repeat 200 - 400 times.

Boring, and not too damn hard. <_<

I agree.

left turn...

left turn...

left turn...

left turn...

Lap Complete.

Repeat 200 - 400 times. 

Boring, and not too damn hard.  <_<

Try it sometime and when you get out of the hospital after smacking the wall then say it's not hard........................................

I shall bear that in mind after ive just passed my driving test and got straight into nascar and win everything :D