Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Istanbul Racing Circuit

IMO the degree of difficulty for oval racing is less than the DoD of F1/Grand Prix/street courses or off-road rally styles of racing. Does it take skill? Sure. But I think the other races are more interesting & demand more from the drivers.

thats why he was so good in '97, he needs to get back to them games

Its sad but with his results, videogames are going to be the only way to drive a F1 again :mellow:

I miss old Jaques (the

"Its sad but with his results, videogames are going to be the only way to drive a F1 again"

replace drive with win, then I'll agree with you. Yeah Jacques is a massive videogame freak. I think he learned Spa in 1996 using Grand Prix or Grand Prix 2, can't remember which. He qualified P16 in the game, but took Pole in real life, at his first visit! I think Jacques started a trend. When I see interviews with F1 rookies and they are asked about how they learn new tracks, most say they use videogames!

Oh, I too miss the old JV. I think his daredevil instinct is still there, but not his speed. I get so jealous of all the Kimi/Alonso/Montoya/Schumacher fans when their driver wins. It's been 8 long years since my driver's last win and 4 years since his last podium, all I wish for is one more win or even a podium before he retires, just to go out on a bit of a high after the disaster that has been the last few years.

Most of the drivers play the playstation games, of course most teams now have advanced simulators as well for the drivers. I think most recently Hiedfeld said he had had a go on the track on his PS2.

I have played it and I can say turns 1 to 6 are awesome, they should be brillaint for the drivers, plenty of up hill and down hill turns. There are alot of high speed corners but they probably won't be flat out, which is good because we might see a few erros when they are pushing hard or bieng pressured from behind.

"Its sad but with his results, videogames are going to be the only way to drive a F1 again"

replace drive with win, then I'll agree with you. Yeah Jacques is a massive videogame freak. I think he learned Spa in 1996 using Grand Prix or Grand Prix 2, can't remember which. He qualified P16 in the game, but took Pole in real life, at his first visit! I think Jacques started a trend. When I see interviews with F1 rookies and they are asked about how they learn new tracks, most say they use videogames!

Oh, I too miss the old JV. I think his daredevil instinct is still there, but not his speed. I get so jealous of all the Kimi/Alonso/Montoya/Schumacher fans when their driver wins. It's been 8 long years since my driver's last win and 4 years since his last podium, all I wish for is one more win or even a podium before he retires, just to go out on a bit of a high after the disaster that has been the last few years.

I really feel for you, man