Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Montoya's Quote On Hungary

From El Tiempo, Colombian newspaper. Quote given during an interview while visiting Colombia during the break:

"

From El Tiempo, Colombian newspaper. Quote given during an interview while visiting Colombia during the break:

"

Indeed, JPM does like this part of the season, becuase was it not that he won one of the last races of the season last year??

TEAM ORDERS TEAM ORDERS OMG THEY SUCK THROW THEM OUT OF THE SPORT

oh what do you mean it wasnt ferrari :huh:

err nevermind then

I think most of us agreed before that they asked JPM to let KR passed because of his low fuel load strategy, and I think it has certainly worked well. If JPM didn't have that problem, we would've saw both Mclarens going head to head which is what we're waiting for almost a season now.

My opinions regarding JPM's personality has changed this year, he seems a better person.

TEAM ORDERS TEAM ORDERS OMG THEY SUCK THROW THEM OUT OF THE SPORT

oh what do you mean it wasnt ferrari  :huh:

err nevermind then

Most people have a problem with it when its towards the end of a race, when one driver clearly was better over the distance but lets team mate through to win.

IE Austria 02.

JPM did a great job in Hungary and I completely agree with what he says.

Cavallino, there's a difference between letting a teammate on a different strategy through so as he can maximise his strategy and not comprimise the other (as happened here), JPM would most probably have gone on to win the race, so it's not as if it were for the race win, and blatantly slowing your lap times by 3 seconds a lap when you are blocking rival drivers (Irvine in '97, Salo in '99 but two examples) and slowing down at the last corner to let the no.1 guy through (eg. Austria 2002).

JPM did a great job in Hungary and I completely agree with what he says.

Cavallino, there's a difference between letting a teammate on a different strategy through so as he can maximise his strategy and not comprimise the other (as happened here), JPM would most probably have gone on to win the race, so it's not as if it were for the race win, and blatantly slowing your lap times by 3 seconds a lap when you are blocking rival drivers (Irvine in '97, Salo in '99 but two examples) and slowing down at the last corner to let the no.1 guy through (eg. Austria 2002).

Nojvnof1. Well said. Maxmising the stratgey of both drivers is the key.

Nojvnof1. Well said. Maxmising the stratgey of both drivers is the key.

Oh I get it now when they do it it's stratgey when Ferrari does it it's different, thanks now I'm enlightend :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh I get it now when they do it it's stratgey when Ferrari does it it's different, thanks now I'm enlightend :rolleyes:

Everything does revolve around Maranello, Italy, and Schumi, but the driver's seats for next year revolve around spoiled brat jenson button

Oh I get it now when they do it it's stratgey when Ferrari does it it's different, thanks now I'm enlightend :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:

sound similar to a certain thing about Senna and Schumacher both bumping other cars off?

Yep i smells irony too...

and escapdeville... when did McLaren do it for both drivers? they always favour the Finn in the team lately as I recall.

1999 is a good example of how McLaren let their drivers race until the very end.

"Oh I get it now when they do it it's stratgey when Ferrari does it it's different, thanks now I'm enlightend"

pumpdoc, there's a blatant difference between what McLaren did at Hungary and say Suzuka 1997 where Irvine slowed by 5 seconds a lap to let Michael through then block JV, Malaysia 1999 where M$ was miles ahead, slowed considerably to let Irvine through then blocked Mika, and Austria 2002 where Barrichello showed Michael the way the whole time only to let Michael past at the last corner to take the win. Same thing happened in Austria 2001 only Rubens slowed at the last corner to give M$ a spot on the podium.

I think the rest of this season will be very interesting to watch how Renault & Mclaren play their "team orders".

Trickey topic!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE'RE ACTUALLY COMPARING THE ETHICS OF FERRARI AND MCLAREN. :blink: Ferrari is the scum of the earth

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE'RE ACTUALLY COMPARING THE ETHICS OF FERRARI AND MCLAREN.  :blink: Ferrari is the scum of the earth

Cavallino, there's a difference between letting a teammate on a different strategy through so as he can maximise his strategy and not comprimise the other (as happened here),

its still team orders which are illegal, which ferrari havent used in a while.

when ferrari did it there were no laws against it. there was absolutely no rule against using any legal method to win the championship. it was blatant because there was nothing wrong with it. its just the stupid english media outcry that made it a big issue.

Because 'the stupid english media' didn't expect teams to so blatantly cheat right in front of 'the stupid english media's' and the public's eyes. It has to be said that when it comes to dirty tactics, Ferrari is king.

"its still team orders which are illegal, which ferrari havent used in a while."

But I'm sure they're just itching to do so, given the oppertunity

Ferrari have infact used team orders more recently than you think to help Shumacher.

Remember the US grand prix this year when the team told Rubens he was not allowed to over-take Michael after the last set of pit stops... Aparently their drivers cant challenge each other after the last stop, well thats fair enough.

But then think further back this season to Monaco, when Shumacher overtook Rubens on the 3rd last corner of the race & nearly caused an accident in the process. Double standards or Team orders from Ferrari??? No never!

Ethics????? You must be either joking or very naive indeed to believe such a word exists in the world of F1 B)

HAHA, I would say Formula 1 is made up of Politics not Ethics.