Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Montoya's Quote On Hungary

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE'RE ACTUALLY COMPARING THE ETHICS OF FERRARI AND MCLAREN.  :blink: Ferrari is the scum of the earth

its still team orders which are illegal, which ferrari havent used in a while.

It's hard to define 'team orders' as illegal. The regulation is so vague that it is up for interpretation. All it states is "Team orders which interfere with a race result are prohibited" # 147 page 23 of the document on the FIA website.

http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/192...gulations_a.pdf

As far as Ferrari not using team orders in a while, maybe not publicized in a while, but not used, doubt it very much. If that was the case, I would guess Ruben would still be driving for them next year

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE'RE ACTUALLY COMPARING THE ETHICS OF FERRARI AND MCLAREN.  :blink: Ferrari is the scum of the earth

Ferrari ARE the scum of the earth. Its not the english media's fault that Ron Dennis and Frank Williams are real racers, and Jean Todt is a fool who doesnt care about the sport, or the fans, just about his little ferrari empire. I would have loved to see Eddie Irvine be 1999 champ but you can't defend ferrari's team orders, thats why they were banned. Ferrari were ruining races, and they're still doing their best to ruin it now whenever they get the opportunity

"Jerez 1997? Melbourne 1998? bulls##t."

Austria 2001/2002, Suzuka 1997, Hockenheim 1999. That's my 4 to your 2, and I've got more! ;):lol:

"It's hard to define 'team orders' as illegal. The regulation is so vague that it is up for interpretation"

indeed, however there is a blatant difference between what happened at Hungary and what Ferrari did when they ordered Irvine to slow by 5 secs a lap and block the drivers behind.

"Jerez 1997? Melbourne 1998? bulls##t."

Austria 2001/2002, Suzuka 1997, Hockenheim 1999. That's my 4 to your 2, and I've got more!  ;)   :lol:

"It's hard to define 'team orders' as illegal. The regulation is so vague that it is up for interpretation"

indeed, however there is a blatant difference between what happened at Hungary and what Ferrari did when they ordered Irvine to slow by 5 secs a lap and block the drivers behind.

:D (and clapping hands)

It's hard to define 'team orders' as illegal. The regulation is so vague that it is up for interpretation. All it states is "Team orders which interfere with a race result are prohibited" # 147 page 23 of the document on the FIA website.

exactly. so anything that is not blatant is allowed since it simply cannot be proved. Team orders are not exactly annoying to watch. team orders got criticized because ferrari was winning virtually every race and then they chose to manipulate a result. to see michael come back in 99 and take the constructors championship form mclaren was really entertaining. the team order ban is a sham. as long as you have a single driver winning the championship you will always have team orders in some form. there is absolutely no way a leading team can treat both its drivers absolutely equally. there is too much at stake.

Aslong as theres no pulling over on the last lap, or blocking other cars so a team mate can run into the distance, im fine with it.