Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikathegreat

Formula 1 05

Do you have F105?Cos I do for the PS2 :D

Wow F1 '05..... Wat a let down. I mean yeah its a good game but pretty much the only good thing about it is improved Handling of the car.

Wats bad about it??? Are we all children that cant play Racing Games??? ITS TOO BLOODY EASY. I mean come on fellars, make a game that is worth fighting for. I easily woop the comp in a Minardi on the Hardest Level, Full Race Distance, Variable Weather, Realistic Fuel and tire. 0% Traction Control, Damage, and wat ever else i missed that is the hardest level.

Traction Control - When are the cars meant to spin out from acceleration??? Am i just a too good of a driver that i just can never make a mistake??? Or is it like that with everyone else aswell? I cant really stand games where you can just break, turn, Hit full throttle. How boring is that? I like to work with my acceleration and breaking.

Car Setups - Do we really even have to use it? Cause i dont, the only think i change on a car setup is 46 : 54 Break Bias, Soft Compound and 0% Traction Control. i leave everything else the way it is when i start a race. Why can i still win so easily for? I thought Car Setups are meant to help you get a good setup so you can win? But why bother changing it when you can win without doing anything?

Podium's and so forth - Why are they Podiums cut short? its just the spraying of the bubbly. Wat happened to the Trophie Presentation??? With the start of the race thingy aswell, it only lasts about 30 seconds. The Commentators dont even get to finish wat there saying about the weather or wat not.

Pitstops and so forth - Why did they take away that you have to slow down yourself when your about to go in the Pits? Again, are we children that dont know wat to do??? These Interactive Pitstops are a good idea, i was actually thinking that something like that should be in it a couple dayz before i bought it, but come on 2 second put stops? Pull the other one. Why cant you change the amount of Fuel on a Pit stop? Wat happens if we want to change our strategy?

Penalties - Lets accidently run off the road, and not even cut a corner, and lets let them slow us down 3 times before you can race again......

The Road that isnt the Road - Since when do Cars slow down like there in Gravel when they put a tire on that little extra part of Road they have on some tracks, ie Monza, Australia, Hockenhiem.

Tear Offs - Where did they go? Why take something great out of the new game? I loved it when my visor got dirty and i had trouble seeing sometimes.

Starting - Why did they make it so you cant accidently jump the start? It makes it boring and easy. Lets see some penalties ppl, god help us we need alot of them to actually make a fight for a win.

Career - Why would they give you no Radio Communication??? Again why take something out that was a good aspect to the previous??? I was over joyed when i heard '05 you could do Full Race Distances, i tried and i was just so bored constantly listening to my engine and no Radio i just had to shorten the races.

Helmets - Yup alot of Helmuts to win, but wats the point if you can only use them once and then get the new one and then use that and so on and so on??? It should be, You choose a helmut when you make your driver and stick with it.

Faces - Wat we have one White, one black, one Asian, and about 5 females. Wow, wat a selection....

Damage - This is meant to be realistic Damgage right??? It is??? Wow, so why does it take so damn long to actually puncture a tire and then so much longer to knock a wheel off? Its pretty boring cause you can never fail a race if you werent even trying to break your car. They should make Realistic Damage and Totally Real which would be slightly give the car infront a bump and your front wing is gone, spin off and hit a wall and wamb bang there goes your wheel.

Commentry - Pretty much exactly the same as '04 but a few new things.

I cant seem to think of anything else off the top of my head at the moment.

Good Points - As i said before i like the steering. Seriously i believe thats the only good point.

All up, its good. Better then '04 from wat i know of cause i had that slow down bug, but i guess cause '05 doesnt have it its the only reason i would rate it higher. I would just like one day for a F1 game to come out that is actually hard and i cant flog everyone in every single race with a Minardi for gods sake. Make the games real ppl. We are not children and we like to actually work at winning. Why race when its just the same as Test Sessions? You drive around a track not worrying about any other cars.

Anyways, there my two cents!!!

Yeah, GP4 is awesome...much harder (you can even make it harder with mods). Setup is more indepth, and alot more useful. The PS2 games i've always found much to easy to win also.

Nope havent got GP4. Cause i only have a crappy onboard Video and Sound Card, pretty much no games that need Graphics work on my computer. So wat type Vid and Sound card do you ppl have on your computer? Does it run smoothly with no Jumping?

A few questions on the game if you all dont mine. Wat is the Traction Control like on it, is it apply softly or you'll spin?

Wats the game play like?

Does it drive smoothly?

Umm... Can you spin if you go around a corner too fast?

Can you actually break your car with one crash?

Is it fun to race in the rain? lol.

Also ive been trying to look for some screen shots of the onboard shot, but hasnt had any luck. Ive found this site http://www.racesimulations.com/GP4/screens/8.html but havent found any yet. But i also havent looked through much of it =P so is it good?

Also you mentioned about Modding the game. I know next to nothing on Modding games or even how they work. So can anyone do it, or do we just wait until experts do it. And is that why there is a Pic of Indy Cars, and also a McLaren that says Coulthard but with Ralf's helmut???

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but no one has to help me =P

But any help would be appreciated. All this F1 Freak wants is a F1 game that is worth my time for once cause i am pretty sick of pathetic Racing Games.

One last Q: Is V8 Supercars 2 worth buying? Cause ive been thinking about it the last few days.

I'll leave you all alone now.

Toodlez Poodlez!!!

So wat type Vid and Sound card do you ppl have on your computer? Does it run smoothly with no Jumping?

I have a rubbish ATI mobility raedon 7000 (I think) 64MB integrated graphics but can change to 32MB to get more RAM and a also rubbish intel celeron D 2.8GHz processor on my laptop. God knows what soundcard. On my desktop I have a Nvidea Geforce Blaster 4 64MB graphics card which would be fantastic, if my processor wasn't so slow!! (Intel P3 455MHz) It doesn't load anything on my desktop but plays fine on my laptop, with no jumping.

Wat is the Traction Control like on it, is it apply softly or you'll spin?

You can have it on or off and you can change that during the race. But yeah, apply softly or you'll spin! I tend to only turn it on round really tight corners or hairpins, then take it off towards the end of the corner.

Wats the game play like?

Very good! The leaders can easily scamper off with the lead, leaving you for dust if you make any mistakes.

Does it drive smoothly?

Yes

You're more likely to go flying off the track but if done without traction control on, yes.

Oh yes!

Yeah, especially in heavy rain, I whack some "monsoon" tyres on and kick everyone's a## cos they're all on wets haha.

so is it good?

YES!!!

Also you mentioned about Modding the game. I know next to nothing on Modding games or even how they work. So can anyone do it, or do we just wait until experts do it.

You can have a go, but it's hard. I can't run the season updates on my laptop as they're all super hi res (for 2005 especially) and make it so so so slow. They're a processor eater. the normal game runs fine as anything though.

One last Q: Is V8 Supercars 2 worth buying?

I don't know but I watched 3 minutes of that today!

Does anyone know if DTM 2 is worth importing?

I wonder what antilock brakes are because my Dad says that antilock brakes are'nt used in F1!

Thanks Kaesersalsek, the Game sounds Promosing. When ever i get enough money to upgrade my comp ill be getting it straight away!!!

[quote name='Mikathegreat' date='Aug 16 2005, 05:18 PM']I wonder what antilock brakes are because my Dad says that antilock brakes are'nt used in F1!
[right][post="60904"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
They are used in F1! Anti lock breaks are designed so you can firmly whack your foot down on the break without skidding. If you apply the break firmly, take your foot off and reapply it very shortly after, it voids your abs temporarily.

Well, I can't really comment on the game as I am yet to play it.

However, this thread has kinda' put me off it, although i'm sure that I could pick a 2nd hand copy up cheaply.

JS.

Call it simple nostalgia if you will, but I was playing on F1 97 a few days ago and there was a feature allowing the user to access limited telemetry information. Although I think this is only available for the previous lap in a test session, it is an interesting feature. I remember something very similar on the F1 World Grand Prix games on the N64 but the new PS2 game, F1 05, doesn

Really? I thought the PS2 games would have telemetry features...... Yet another reason GP series is better i guess :P

Is it hard to beat the AI yet? All the PS2 versisons i've played (01,02,04) have been extremely easy to win, even on the hardest settings.

I've played 03 on a PS2 once and just couldn't believe you could go flatout over the gravel/gras whilst you're trying to steer into a corner, without spinning! The back of the car didn't even slide off! You could go through the first corner in Spain like you were going through Blanchimont! No wonder you can beat the AI easily :mellow: FAKE ... :rolleyes:

I still play F1Challenge '99-'02 on the pc and I still think it's a fab game.

You can't beat the AI on the hardest settings. The grip is well compared with real F1 + you can save telemetry of every lap you've driven. ;)

I bought my PS2 around about 1999. The PS2 is an old console and thus the hardware limits the graphics/sound/features etc that are included in the games. It is not really fair to compare a modern, ever-evolving PC with a static console. The PS3 however will be immense and should improve significantly upon the F1 experience given by F1 05. The graphics and sound will naturally be better but we should also expect plenty of new features which the new hardware will be able to cope with. Bring on 2006!

For some reason I've only really played F1 games on consoles. Very possibly because i've never really had PCs that I consider powerful enough for games like that. Only PC games I really play are online ones, Soldier of Fortune or the one i'm playing at the mo called Space Empires 4. I tend to keep to console for gaming etc.

F1 97 was a classic though.

Nope havent got GP4. Cause i only have a crappy onboard Video and Sound Card, pretty much no games that need Graphics work on my computer. So wat type Vid and Sound card do you ppl have on your computer? Does it run smoothly with no Jumping?

A few questions on the game if you all dont mine. Wat is the Traction Control like on it, is it apply softly or you'll spin?

Wats the game play like?

Does it drive smoothly?

Also ive been trying to look for some screen shots of the onboard shot, but hasnt had any luck. Ive found this site http://www.racesimulations.com/GP4/screens/8.html but havent found any yet. But i also havent looked through much of it =P so is it good?

Also you mentioned about Modding the game. I know next to nothing on Modding games or even how they work. So can anyone do it, or do we just wait until experts do it. And is that why there is a Pic of Indy Cars, and also a McLaren that says Coulthard but with Ralf's helmut???

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but no one has to help me =P

But any help would be appreciated. All this F1 Freak wants is a F1 game that is worth my time for once cause i am pretty sick of pathetic Racing Games.

One last Q: Is V8 Supercars 2 worth buying? Cause ive been thinking about it the last few days.

I'll leave you all alone now.

Toodlez Poodlez!!!

Have you played GP legends. That's the hardest racing sim I've played and i agree with you on f12005. Too easy. Although driving the reno can be fun as it is prone to sliding from beneath you if you push too hard.

I read the funniest excerpt from a review of this game in a magazine today. It was describing the email system in use during career mode. In general it said that it was great for keeping in contact with your team bosses, keeping in contact with other teams, and notifying you of who Jacques Villeneuve has been shagging lately :lol:

What is your favourite car in the game? I like the Williams FW11 very much and the Lotus 25 is great fun around Monaco but its just too slow on most other tracks

C24 ;) As you say though, the Lotus 25 is great fun around Monaco, but gutless (in terms of speed) anywhere else

Why would it have been so difficult for them to include a warm up lap? they could have had an animated bit to make cars line up on the grid from round the last corner, like they do for pits if it had to come to that. In the pre game video, I see a safety car. I WANT A SAFETY CAR!

Why would it have been so difficult for them to include a warm up lap?  they could have had an animated bit to make cars line up on the grid from round the last corner, like they do for pits if it had to come to that.  In the pre game video, I see a safety car.  I WANT A SAFETY CAR!

The PS2 is too old and feeble, the PS3 console will be significantly better. F1 2006 on the PS3 should be excellent and many new features will undoubtedly be included along with the anticipated improved graphics and sound etc