Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bajo39

Karthikeyan's Future Unknown

Karthikeyan's future unknown

Tuesday August 09 2005

Jordan driver Narain Karthikeyan has added to speculation that he may be leaving the team at the end of the season in comments he made to Express India while working at an event for one of his sponsors.

In recent times there has been a lot of speculation about whether or not Jordan will let the Indian driver go come the end of the season or in fact if he would want to stay.

At the moment Karthikeyan is not ruling out anything about next season.

minardi might not be the only team...he siad that he has talks going on with a few teams... :mellow: but i cant think of any team who would sign him...i think he might be signed as test driver by a good team...he has very good CAR CONTROL!

But he mite be a test driver for a good team, as chintan 123 said

spose, but he dosnt exactly have much knowledge of seeting up an f1 car, and testing it out!

well NK did not sign for A1 when offered....so i am thinking there is something going for him in F1.....these guys are not fools. And again the guys in the F1 paddock know much more whom to sign, not on the basis of a spins had in the worst car on the grid, so maybe they know better???? gues you guys are not going to agree to that....either

You are right mars99. Defenetly there will be an offer for him, thats why he refused the A1 seat.

We all know it's a "show me the money" issue here, India's population is around 1.5 Billion.

$ = Drive = Publicity = $

He's a terrible driver, he has done absoloutley nothing outstanding this season but he has sponsors who are willing to pay money and that would be the only reason for him to stay in F1... F1 teams, as you wrote Mars99, aren't stupid, which is why hardly anyone finds it feasable that NK will have a drive next season out of Jordan and Minardi. Tiago has been in a Jordan too but he doesn't look half as bad in it as Narain.

maybe BAR are one of the teams looking for a Takuma Sato replacement ;)

He's a terrible driver, he has done absoloutley nothing outstanding this season but he has sponsors who are willing to pay money and that would be the only reason for him to stay in F1... F1 teams, as you wrote Mars99, aren't stupid, which is why hardly anyone finds it feasable that NK will have a drive next season out of Jordan and Minardi.Tiago has been in a Jordan too but he doesn't look half as bad in it as Narain.

That's right and this is precisely because those are the only two teams willing to accept a pure (no merit) pay driver which NK certainly is.

I don't think its time to write him off just yet. he is faster than his teammate, thats a good beginning. TM has held on, managed to stay on track hence grabbing whatever comes his way, those are hardly the makings of a true racing driver.

that said, I dont see him getting a race drive in any team apart from minardi or jordan. however testing seems to be a black hole with the number of good drivers languishing there.

I think both karthikeyan & his team-mate Monteiro are are quite cr@p to be perfectly honest. They are both proof that with enough money behind you, nearly any racing driver can make it into the likes of Jordan/Minardi.

We Even got to see a useless driver on the podium at the US gp. WOW

I don't think its time to write him off just yet. he is faster than his teammate, thats a good beginning. TM has held on, managed to stay on track hence grabbing whatever comes his way, those are hardly the makings of a true racing driver.

that said, I dont see him getting a race drive in any team apart from minardi or jordan. however testing seems to be a black hole with the number of good drivers languishing there.

He is faster than a very bad driver in Monteiro but also erratic and error-prone - that is not good. I don't think he's not going to get a paid drive from Midland or Minardi and I can't see him picking one up elsewhere. He might get a testing role based on his nationality but I think the chances of that are slim.

Bottom-team drivers only make it up the grid when they have a manager who puts them in a better team (like Flavio with Trulli, Alonso, & Webber). Otherwise u just look crap driving those terrible cars, almost a waste of time!