Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Williams To Use Bridgestones Next Year

Well I suppose, Bridgestone couldn't possibly make Williams any slower than they are at the moment, especially since they are loosing the only decent part of their entire package next season. Their BMW engines.

The BMW engines have been quite reliable this season, its just that the aero package on the Williams seems to have been adapted from a tractor or something.

So ever though the cars are finishing they have been 11th & 12th...

Im not too sure about thier power output this year, but in the past few seasons the BMW powerplant has produced the most power of any engine. It may take a while but Team BMW will become title challenges!

the days of the bmw engine having the most horsepower are long gone. they are farfrom being the best engine around now.

the Toyota is the best engine along with Renault and Ferrari.

the Toyota is the best engine along with Renault and Ferrari.

What about McLaren?They have a much powerful engine that Renault & Ferrari do

That surprises me. Williams almost always opt to use completely different tools than Ferrari. I don't know.

Thanks anyway.

JS.

as Cavallino said, the Mercedes is too unreliable. The Renault, Toyota and Ferrari engines are both powerful and reliable.

Bridgestone would probably give Toyota a famous finger sign that represents what I think to what they said there about wanting to receive the same treatment as Ferrari. Sure they have improved vastly this season but Ferrari since 1999 I recall have been a loyal partner with Bridgestone and at the present with only 3 teams to supply Ferrari being current champion and potential champions for next year should receive the same treatment they always have had from them. Or why not just scrap both current tyre companies and make a rule to only use one the good old Goodyear.

I too would like to see the return of Goodyear, the most successful tyre company in F1 history

I too would like to see the return of Goodyear, the most successful tyre company in F1 history

You are quite right. Bridgestone bought out Firestone a few years ago. My mistake. I'll guess I'll dine on Crow tonight.

I knew they bought out one of the racing legends, it was 50/50 chance so I dove in. :lol::lol:

I think many want goodyear to make a return, and a welcome return it would be!

A new rule in the 2008 season should be all competing teams should use only one tyre supplier for the whole of the season. And the supplier should be changed every year. Goodyear one year, michelin and bridgestone.....

A new rule in the 2008 season should be all competing teams should use only one tyre supplier for the whole of the season. And the supplier should be changed every year. Goodyear one year, michelin and bridgestone.....

That's a terrible idea.

it is indeed, but schumi13 is only young

I don't think it is because if we had a proper tyre supplier unlike Michelin who caused a farce in Indianapolis and also because if we had one tyre supplier, 7 teams wouldn't have to struggle on some weekends and 3 on the others!