Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Mansell Walking Down Memory Lane

Nigel Mansell. I'm a big fan of this guy. He had balls the size of JPM's (or the other way around)

It would be nice if my final F1 win at Adelaide in 1994 was one of the happiest memories of my career. Unfortunately it was probably the worst moment of my life.We arrived in Australia with the two hotshoes, Michael Schumacher and Damon Hill, competing for the World Championship.

But look at the history books and they

Not bothered either way by Mansell. I always thought he was a tough racer but whined about alot of things. Some very interesting things came out of those articles. I look forward to one day reading his 'real' reasons for quitting. It also came as a surprise to me that he was in with a chance of the '95 Williams seat.

Well, that was just Nigel's personality, he complained about everything.

Those comments were very interesting, thanks.

JS.

Mansell is before my time. But I don't like him putting Damon down in any way! I wonder if he talks about his year with prost at ferrari in 1990, when he was beaten all year

Mansell is before my time. But I don't like him putting Damon down in any way! I wonder if he talks about his year with prost at ferrari in 1990, when he was beaten all year

He has talked about it before. Prost and Mansell did not exactly get along well. I like Damon, but Mansell was the better driver by some margin.

THIS deserved a THREAD ???????

Like who cares what a has been f1 driver says anymore ???????

Probably more than care about what you say?

yep point taken,

I guess I am just an old fart that does not have a voice or an opinion anymore.

However this is just a FORUM and I very much doubt ANYONE that is involved in the sport would ever contemplate reading this DRIVEL !!!

Come bacK NICHOS

ADDIOS to you all

yep point taken,

I guess I am just an old fart that does not have a voice or an opinion anymore.

However this is just a FORUM and I very much doubt ANYONE that is involved in the sport would ever contemplate reading this DRIVEL !!!

Come bacK NICHOS 

ADDIOS to you all

Sure you have an opinion, just like the rest of us. On this forum people talk about what interests them. If you're not interested then no one is forcing you to read it.

Sorry to have offended you.

That's what thread titles are for. Keep 'em coming Monty......

Mansell was a superb driver, but not a man I'd ever want to have a pint with. Even by F1 standards his ego is huge.

Last when I counted, KArthikeyan had a million thread, and you think Nigel doesn't deserve a single one? :)

Last when I counted, KArthikeyan had a million thread, and you think Nigel doesn't deserve a single one?  :)

I think you started a good, worthwhile, thread here, Monty.

He has talked about it before. Prost and Mansell did not exactly get along well. I like Damon, but Mansell was the better driver by some margin.

Of course Mansell was the better F1 driver, but Damon was better in 1994 in my opinion as he proved on the track. Mansell is quick to mention Adelaide 1994 and his pole position but he seems to have forgotten that in the race Damon and Michael were pulling away from him every lap until Michael cracked under intense pressure from Hill and ended the World Championship in the German

Nigel Mansell. I'm a big fan of this guy. He had balls the size of JPM's (or the other way around)

Monty, you may be interested to know that JPM was a huge fan of Senna.