Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Official: Williams On Cosworth

I just read a similar article/statement on Pitpass. Can't say that it was unexpected, but think the collaboration side of the deal is interesting. This one may bear fruit.

I just read a similar article/statement on Pitpass. Can't say that it was unexpected, but think the collaboration side of the deal is interesting. This one may bear fruit.

Actually i am beginning to accept JB will be in williams next year, and this cosworth deal sounds quite good actually. Their engine actually should be very strong next year, its just the chassis im concerned about! Ill still back BAR so long as a good driver is with rubens!

Their engine actually should be very strong next year, its just the chassis im concerned about!

As a fan of Bmw engines, thats been my exact point for the last few years...

How often do Williams arrive at a Grand prix with "a NEW aero package", and yet the car is slower than ever before.

Yep I'll always be a BAR fan, they've treated JB very well, unlike renault. They know a good driver when they see one (they never praise sato - they know full well he's pants)

Yeah, the chassis is the weak link, but now that Patrick has found the instructions for the wind tunnel maybe that side of things will improve.

Yeah, the chassis is the weak link, but now that Patrick has found the instructions for the wind tunnel maybe that side of things will improve.

HAHAHAHA :lol:

LOL!

Well im just hoping the chassis is one of if not the best next year! The engines should be very reliable too! Lets just hope eh!

why does everyone implicitly assume cosworth is going to be competitive next year? becuse they released an rpm count and sound bytes of their engine? remember they are up against Ferrari Mercedes Honda Toyota BMW Renault.

why does everyone implicitly assume cosworth is going to be competitive next year? becuse they released an rpm count and sound bytes of their engine? remember they are up against Ferrari Mercedes Honda Toyota BMW Renault.

All of whom have very little experience with v8's. Cosworth however are so rich in V8 knowledge they are bound to be good!

Now Williams will need two average or decent enough drivers, and a good chassis, and they will be competing at the top possibly

Yesh, I don't get it... Seems to me it is just marketing at this point.

Yesh, I don't get it... Seems to me it is just marketing at this point.

That is true, but I'd rather have a Cosworth than, for example, an engine designed by Mario Illien. In another thread we were talking about experience being key in F1. I'd say that Cosworth have rather a lot of experience, particularly with a V8 configuration, so the chances of success appear to be greater.

have cosworth any experience of running V8s at 21000 rpm?

Apparently, from what I've read, they are the most experienced in this field and they have been running V8s @ 21 000 and over for the last few years ... I hope they kick BMW's behind next year.

Apparently, from what I've read, they are the most experienced in this field and they have been running V8s @ 21 000 and over for the last few years ... I hope they kick BMW's behind next year.

I hope BMW fail miserably, cos i hate BMW for no reason other than they are crap cars!

proof? I don't know of any (naturally aspirated) racing series in the world where engines run at such speeds. shouldnt experience running a 3 litre engine at 19000rpm count for more than running v8s in rev limited series?
i hate BMW for no reason other than they are crap cars!

are you eligible to drive yet?