Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Nk: Comprehensive Season Summary

how can you say he has performed worse than monteiro. and the kind of problems hes had if there was any possible reason anyone would allege team orders. he still hasnt had a single full lap yet.

how can you say he has performed worse than monteiro. and the kind of problems hes had if there was any possible reason anyone would allege team orders. he still hasnt had a single full lap yet.

Over the course of the season... If he loses out tomorrow, the reliabilty problems he has had thus far will be no excuse as he was likely to start at the back of the grid anyway.

I don't understand. Why does Narain Karthikeyan think that he is F1 material? How does he believe better teams want him? How can he believe in an Indian GP? How can he believe in an Indian F1 team?? He's either dissolutioned or just lacking a brain.

I don't understand.  Why does Narain Karthikeyan think that he is F1 material?  How does he believe better teams want him?  How can he believe in an Indian GP?  How can he believe in an Indian F1 team??  He's either dissolutioned or just lacking a brain.

How? It seems to be an Indian thing as many of the Indian posters on this forum belive the same, contrary to even the most basic analysis. I had no idea they were such a nationalist lot...

How?  It seems to be an Indian thing as many of the Indian posters on this forum belive the same, contrary to even the most basic analysis.  I had no idea they were such a nationalist lot...

Indeed. Karthikeyan is also incredibly arrogant for one so ungifted. He said that he would be a regular top 10 finisher on merit in the new Jordan and that

Indeed.  Karthikeyan is also incredibly arrogant for one so ungifted.  He said that he would be a regular top 10 finisher on merit in the new Jordan and that

Oh yes, it is quite offensive that someone who is in F1 on totally illegitimate grounds would speak in the way that he does.  He should be constantly recounting his blessings for being given an oppurtunity that is unwarranted on account of his abilities.

Quite so.

I don't understand.  Why does Narain Karthikeyan think that he is F1 material?  How does he believe better teams want him?  How can he believe in an Indian GP?  How can he believe in an Indian F1 team??  He's either dissolutioned or just lacking a brain.

I don't know why Karthikeyan thinks he is F1 material, or what other teams might want him. But, as for an Indian GP, that is not so far fetched. Bernie Ecclestone for one would love to have an Indian GP, and where Bernie smells money, F1 is surely to go.

I don't know why Karthikeyan thinks he is F1 material, or what other teams might want him. But, as for an Indian GP, that is not so far fetched. Bernie Ecclestone for one would love to have an Indian GP, and where Bernie smells money, F1 is surely to go.

Karthikeyan's sponsors have the choice of buying a ride at Midland or Minardi it seems.

Indian GP - India may well get a GP but I don't think they deserve one. I have lectured on this subject at length but to recap, the following countries are more deserving of either a first or second GP:

1) Britian deserves a second GP for their dominant role in F1

2) There ought to be a Scandinavian GP for their considerable passion for F1 and contributions in top drivers

3) The US deserves a second GP - the USA is by far the largest economy in the world and having one race in this country is completely insufficient. If F1 intends to make an impact in this market, the most important in the world, they will need at least two GP in the country and three more in US-friendly timezones.

4) A mexican GP to cater to Central America, American and Canadian vacation goers and South Americans

5) A South African GP for obvious reasons.

apart form the US ( they probably dont even want one, and there is a rabid motor racing industry there that wants to keep F1 as far as possible), I agree these places deserve a race. though silverstone isnt the most loved track around.

apart form the US ( they probably dont even want one, and there is a rabid motor racing industry there that wants to keep F1 as far as possible), I agree these places deserve a race. though silverstone isnt the most loved track around.

The US would love to have a second GP, I would suggest either Sears Point or a new circuit in Las Vegas - personally, I would prefer travelling there for the GP than to Montreal. Silverstone obviously would not get the second British GP. I'm not sure where Donnington Park is in relation to Silverstone but given how tiny Britian is (you know the entire country is smaller than the smallest province in Canada?), it may not matter where they locate the second GP.

NK was very aggressive during the race today, almost running his front wing over someone's rear

At the end of the day, it was a p**s-poor effort from the Indian I'm afraid. Although he came in ahead of his teammate (who in typically moronic fashion drove into the back of Montoya and then onto the pits for repairs, allowing Narain through), he finished behind Robert Doornbos in the Minardi - that is pathetic but not atypical of his performances this season.

The fastest lap times paint a similar picture, the Indian simply does not have what it takes. Narain was slower than his teammate in equal machinery and slower than Doornbos in the Minardi. Ouch!

Tiago Monteiro Jordan-Toyota 50 16:21:05 215.834 1:29.035

Robert Doornbos Minardi-Cosworth 53 16:25:25 215.364 1:29.229

Narain Karthikeyan Jordan-Toyota 42 16:08:28 215.227 1:29.286

Christijan Albers Minardi-Cosworth 13 15:23:39 214.972 1:29.392

Indeed.  Karthikeyan is also incredibly arrogant for one so ungifted.  He said that he would be a regular top 10 finisher on merit in the new Jordan and that

With F1 so competitive at the moment and big losers like Minardi and Jordan the rookie's sheer skill can't be shown. Okay you could say he has add some offs recently but then again it could just be down to the car.

No no no, Karthikeyan has been underperforming his teammate and frequently the faster of the Minardis. Now that would be okay if his teammate were decent and the MInardis roughly equivalent in performance terms with the Jordans but they are not. Monteiro demonstrated today what I have been saying since the beginning of the season, he is complete rubbish and has no business in F1. Now the Jordan is by most estimates, conservatively, a full second faster than the Minardi so for Narain to lose out to Doornbos and Albers with such an enormous performance advantage is quite pathetic.

No no no, Karthikeyan has been underperforming his teammate and frequently the faster of the Minardis. Now that would be okay if his teammate were decent and the MInardis roughly equivalent in performance terms with the Jordans but they are not. Monteiro demonstrated today what I have been saying since the beginning of the season, he is complete rubbish and has no business in F1. Now the Jordan is by most estimates, conservatively, a full second faster than the Minardi so for Narain to lose out to Doornbos and Albers with such an enormous performance advantage is quite pathetic.

You're probably most certainly right but I hardly ever pay attention to the back end of the field. It is like watching a bunch of learners stuffed into an F1 car trying to understand how it works. And in some occasions, how it goes.

i guess most of the people against NK are not from the asia or if i may be honest are from the western part of the world which is lot advanced in racing then the eastern part of the wrold particularly europe is. So first of all, most of you guys cannot accept the fact that the other countries never heard of are coming into the racing sport. I mean for you guys its like NK??? who??? India???why???becasue you dont see anything outside what you have been used to in your lives.....well like it or not but that is a fact. other thing is the so called understanding of you people to think that you guys know lot about F1 probably more then the guys that manage the show. Thirdly personal prejudice against certain drivers from certain group member...MR Bajo stands out!! and the most i think the lack of appreciation for guys who are competing rather then just watching TV. i dont think the drivers give much of a damn of what these threads say....they have lot other things to do.

the best (or funny) part is its alright to ahve a crap crap team like jordan, but noone say much about the state of the car. TM drives at about 80% for what the car is so no doubt he finishes races....doesnt seem like open wheel racing to me. think aboiut pay drivers, and then its just that the big names get into a ferrari and a renault or mclaren, where the teams have spent lot lot lot lot more then the backmarkers, and the drivers get all the credit. if you people think thats fair, then well not much point discussing, but i dont think so, its not all driver, lot is car in F1 and NK or for that case Albers has not been given a good equipment, i reckon NK moreso then Albers, so lets cut the crap about pay drivers and stuff. let them drive.

i guess most of the people against NK are not from the asia or if i may be honest are from the western part of the world which is lot advanced in racing then the eastern part of the wrold particularly europe is. So first of all, most of you guys cannot accept the fact that the other countries never heard of are coming into the racing sport. I mean for you guys its like NK??? who??? India???why???becasue you dont see anything outside what you have been used to in your lives.....well like it or not but that is a fact. other thing is the so called understanding of you people to think that you guys know lot about F1 probably more then the guys that manage the show. Thirdly personal prejudice against certain drivers from certain group member...MR Bajo stands out!! and the most i think the lack of appreciation for guys who are competing rather then just watching TV. i dont think the drivers give much of a damn of what these threads say....they have lot other things to do.

the best (or funny) part is its alright to ahve a crap crap team like jordan, but noone say much about the state of the car. TM drives at about 80% for what the car is so no doubt he finishes races....doesnt seem like open wheel racing to me. think aboiut pay drivers, and then its just that the big names get into a ferrari and a renault or mclaren, where the teams have spent lot lot lot lot more then the backmarkers, and the drivers get all the credit. if you people think thats fair, then well not much point discussing, but i dont think so, its not all driver, lot is car in F1 and NK or for that case Albers has not been given a good equipment, i reckon NK moreso then Albers, so lets cut the crap about pay drivers and stuff. let them drive.

The only people who support Karthikeyan on this forum are from India. The rest of the forum thinks that he is complete rubbish. If anything, his nationality is responsible for the support he has not the lack of it. It's just ridiculous to suggest that racism is responsible for the negative sentiment towards him when he has such a detestable personality and is so severely lacking in ability.

Now the Jordan is by no means a great car but it is at least a second per lap faster than the Minardi and certainly the two Jordans are of identical performance. For Narain to underperform Monteiro, who demonstrated his worthlessness today, and frequently the lead of the Minardis is pathetic.

Narain does not belong in F1 and I view his presence as a mark on the integrity of the series. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and the drivers that compete in it should be the best in the world. Narain is not the best in the world, he is not even very good... maybe top 100 in the world, top 50 at best. I don't like him and I don't like Monteiro for the same reason.