Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Nk: Comprehensive Season Summary

ok, but Jordan has Toyota engines, they should be faster than Minardi

Well the Jordan cars themselves are surely much faster than the Minardis, ie they have a far higher level of performance, but the Jordan driver pairing of Monteiro and Karthikeyan is so vastly inferior to the rather good Minardi dou of Albers and Doornbo that it more than makes up the difference. Do you follow me?

Jordan are yet to launch their new vehicle for 2005 minardi has launched and ever sincehave competed well against jordan well make your own judgement i am not exactly pressed

the jordan 2005 model will be Sh#t.

NK??? who??? India???why???becasue you dont see anything outside what you have been used to in your lives

Everybody knows who narain karthikeyan is, but for the wrong reasons. Just because most of the world seems to agree with the fact that narain karthikeyan is a poor driver (india exempt), doesn't make us ignorant. And don't go calling people on this forum ignorant, I see your comments were directed towards bajo, who I find usually well informed. And before you go on about the jordan being crap, need I remind you of a good driver who pulverised his team mates in a jordan last year? If narain were that good, and Tiago so crap, he should be beating him to no end. There's no point in whinging about the car when it's plain NK's just a Sh#t driver

The '05 Minardi is actually quite an improvement over the '04 car, and was over 1 sec a lap quicker right out of the crate. Not that Minardi have much of a development budget, but the car is a huge leap forward for such a poorly funded team, and has steadily improved throughout the season (albeit slowly).

By comparison, the '05 Jordan is over 18 months old, and even the new chassis is still the same tub, just with some major aero improvements designed to take the new regs properly into account. As a result, the two teams are actually very close now in terms of outright performance, though the Jordans do still have the edge, probably by about .5 - .75 sec a lap or so, but are without question much more difficult cars to drive.

NK is no FA, but he does have some natural ability. He has very quick reflexes, and his ability to catch a car in mid slide is quite good. The problem is that his estimation of his overall skills doesn't inhabit the same universe as his actual ability. That kind of arrogance is not rare in F1, you don't get there unless you have supreme confidence, but he has a long long long long way to go if he wants to find another ride (even if he's still willing to pay for it).

No no no, Karthikeyan has been underperforming his teammate and frequently the faster of the Minardis. Now that would be okay if his teammate were decent and the MInardis roughly equivalent in performance terms with the Jordans but they are not. Monteiro demonstrated today what I have been saying since the beginning of the season, he is complete rubbish and has no business in F1. Now the Jordan is by most estimates, conservatively, a full second faster than the Minardi so for Narain to lose out to Doornbos and Albers with such an enormous performance advantage is quite pathetic.

Indeed. The Toyota engine is very competitive; reputedly one of the best in modern F1, but it is rendered useless in the hands of Karthikeyan and Monterio.

When i saw the JPM incident first and saw Jordan, i thought it was NK, but did not think it would have been TM

Easy mistake to make, sadly that kind of driving typifies both Jordan drivers.

The '05 Minardi is actually quite an improvement over the '04 car, and was over 1 sec a lap quicker right out of the crate. Not that Minardi have much of a development budget, but the car is a huge leap forward for such a poorly funded team, and has steadily improved throughout the season (albeit slowly).

By comparison, the '05 Jordan is over 18 months old, and even the new chassis is still the same tub, just with some major aero improvements designed to take the new regs properly into account. As a result, the two teams are actually very close now in terms of outright performance, though the Jordans do still have the edge, probably by about .5 - .75 sec a lap or so, but are without question much more difficult cars to drive.

NK is no FA, but he does have some natural ability. He has very quick reflexes, and his ability to catch a car in mid slide is quite good. The problem is that his estimation of his overall skills doesn't inhabit the same universe as his actual ability. That kind of arrogance is not rare in F1, you don't get there unless you have supreme confidence, but he has a long long way to go if he wants to find another ride (even if he's still willing to pay for it).

I agree with your analysis :) glad somone saw a different point of view and took all factors into consideration :) and i thought the .5 sec per lap depended largely on the circuit don't you agree?

I agree with your analysis :) glad somone saw a different point of view and took all factors into consideration :) and i thought the .5 sec per lap depended largely on the circuit don't you agree?

Indeed. The Toyota engine is very competitive; reputedly one of the best in modern F1, but it is rendered useless in the hands of Karthikeyan and Monterio.
I don't think its the same spec toyota engine in the jordan's, it seems far less reliable.

NK is no FA, but he does have some natural ability. He has very quick reflexes, and his ability to catch a car in mid slide is quite good. The problem is that his estimation of his overall skills doesn't inhabit the same universe as his actual ability. That kind of arrogance is not rare in F1, you don't get there unless you have supreme confidence, but he has a long long long long way to go if he wants to find another ride (even if he's still willing to pay for it).

great post. That is exactly what I just posted in another thread. the Jordan is a really poor car right now. As for his estimation of his own skill, you have to believe you are good enough, otherwise there is no point. and until he actually gets a chance in a decent team and makes a mess of it or is comprehensively beaten by a teammate in a poor team you cant just write him off.

as I said in another thread the Jordan performance advantage was written off by their poor choice of strategy yesterday. Jordan is not exactly well funded right now, and the constant switching of personnel does not help either.

when he has such a detestable personality

that is really overboard. which drivers do you find have a particularly pleasing personality? and you have again demonstrated your disregard for facts, NK was ahead of TM at the time of the montoya incident.

race results for the record

13. 20 DOORNBOS Minardi Cosworth B 3 lap(s)

14. 19 KARTHIKEYAN Jordan Toyota B 3 lap(s)

15. 18 MONTEIRO Jordan Toyota B 3 lap(s)

16. 21 ALBERS Minardi Cosworth B 10 lap(s)

I put that 8-5 to NK in qualifying (this race obviously does not count) and 6-5 in races.