Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Qualifying Spin Costs Button Dear

Jenson Button has blamed the qualifying mistake which cost him a chance of taking a second career pole position in Turkey on the same ride-height issues that have affected several teams through practice.

The stark elevation changes that are a feature of the new track have caused several cars to bottom out and spin over the weekend.

The BAR-Honda star said the same thing happened to him and team-mate Takuma Sato in qualifying after both came to grief at the challenging Turn 8, a high-speed triple-apex left-hander.

"It all went a little bit wrong," Jenson told ITV-F1 pitlane reporter Louise Goodman.

"In practice we had no problems through the high-speed corner. We saw a lot of people having issues with the rear-end in the ground, but we didn't have any at all.

"Even so just to make sure we raised the car by a mill so that we definitely wouldn't have problems but obviously we did with both cars."

Button eventually qualified 13th, having set the fastest first sector time at the start of his lap.

But the Briton remains confident that he can salvage a points finish from the race.

"It's very disappointing because we are quick here," he said.

"We are now P13 on the grid and it

Am a little confused.dunno.gifJenson fans claimed that he doesn't make mistakes, and took the p**s out of JPM when he crashed.

Can the Jenson fans be a bit objective in this thread?

He could have had a chance for a top 5 finish; even a podium but now that chance has passed him by and I will be surprised if he even makes 1 point out of this race. Renault wont be able to keep with the McLaren's and will undoubtively but fighting against the Toyota boys and Mark Webber with his teamate close behind as I think they will fade away like Schumacher did in Hungary. This is only my prediction but we shall see.

I couldn't see him getting Pole, however, i'm certain that he'd have been in the top 4 or 5. same for Michael.

JS.

I couldn't see him getting Pole, however, i'm certain that he'd have been in the top 4 or 5. same for Michael.

JS.

Yes indeed, I do respect Jenson a lot but sometimes I think he is over rated and this is what worries me. Sometimes papers say he is better than Kimi and I start to wonder if a goldfish wrote the article or not. He isn't a top knoch racing driver but is a consistant top 10 finisher and frequently when the package is right gets solid points finishes and even podiums. Ferrari have any amazing team but it just hasn't worked out this season. I don't mind people saying I would love Michael to be beaten before he retires and that is all fair but when they say he was beaten this season, no way am I in agreement with that.