Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Istanbul Race Thread

it was JPM's fault he cut in front of the lap car too quickly

what are you blind, it was NOT montoya's fault! What was he supposed to do, not brake for the corner and go straight on. Monteiro should have braked far earlier, he wasnt under attack at all!

I agree that it was JPM's fault. He didn't give TM any room to brake...it's like cutting someone off on the highway and slamming on the brakes...what did you expect to happen?

Be knowledgeable! Know who/what you are competing against? (Yes, he's a less-skilled backmarker in a crap car.) B)

err excuse me, it was not monty's fault, all the commentators have said that, I have, and i think most others will. Im one of montoyas greatest critics, but that my friend was not his mistake in the slightest, and neitehr was going off at turn 8, not his fault thank you very much!

JPM has taken risks because he was fighting for really important points but what a hell was doing Monteiro?. Maybe JPM should have been more cautious but a racer who is being lapped can

err excuse me, it was not monty's fault, all the commentators have said that, I have, and i think most others will. Im one of montoyas greatest critics, but that my friend was not his mistake in the slightest, and neitehr was going off at turn 8, not his fault thank you very much!

Indeed it wasn't but I wouldn't have just use the commentators as back up if this was 2001 with Murray Walker. It is using pure logic that that incident wasn't Montoya's fault. Anyone that does think so should watch the highlights or the race re-run. It might just help!

It might help if JPM was smarter. Was the move necessary on a car that was laps down? JPM could have easily gotten around TM without using such an agressive move.

If JPM couldn't avoid Schumi in the tunnel at Safety Car speed, how can you expect TM to avoid JPM at top speed?

It might help if JPM was smarter.

im starting a poll. I know for a facxt it was not JPM's fault in either incedent!

...so we agree to disagree.  :mellow:

I think a better way to put it is for you to keep that thought to yourself for now, watch the highlights or the re-run as I have advised above and then tell us what you think.

Indeed it wasn't but I wouldn't have just use the commentators as back up if this was 2001 with Murray Walker. It is using pure logic that that incident wasn't Montoya's fault. Anyone that does think so should watch the highlights or the race re-run. It might just help!

I re ran the race already and it's still JPM's fault :D

Turkey looks like it's gonna be an awesome but tricky track.

seems my judgment from driving it on the game was good :)

did prove to be very tricky for a number of drivers*.

* Another way of saying I'm now not as ashamed that I kept spinning on Turn 8 :P

I re ran the race already and it's still JPM's fault :D

Agreed!

SpeedTV announcers, Steve Matchett and David Hobbs, seem to agree as well.

In watching the replay, Montiero had locked up the tyres before Montoya was back in the racing line...whic leads me to believe that Montoya cut-in too soon.

Agreed!

SpeedTV announcers, Steve Matchett and David Hobbs, seem to agree as well.

Ok but I was watching on ITV. Maybe they slightly edited the incident to mislead people. James and Martin thought the complete oposite of SpeedTV.

Ok but I was watching on ITV. Maybe they slightly edited the incident to mislead people. James and Martin thought the complete oposite of SpeedTV.

How do you edit live tv?

Sounds lake a conspiracy theory...Are there black helicopters outside your (parents) house?

I'd say there is enough fault to go around and I would split it evenly between them. TM should have moved off the racing line when he saw the blue flags and his mirrors full of JPM's Merc. But JPM was racing for second, and keeping FA behind him was critical to KR's title hopes, so he should not have taken such a risk by trying to overtake TM into the hairpin. He didn't have to work that hard at keeping FA in third, the Renault wasn't as fast and JPM had track position. There was no reason to take that chance at that spot on the track.

If he hadn't suffered the damage to the diffuser, he likely would not have gone off the next lap and let FA through, even with his flat spotted FR tire.

Reading all the posts that have discussed this topic makes me wonder how many of you have ever marshalled a race. I have marshalled many, and although JPM's move may have been stupid, TM was definitely reguired to move off the racing line to allow the leaders through. He did not. As a result, you must attribute some of the blame to him, regardless of what some TV commentators might have said.

:blink: First off I dvr'd it as the race started at 5am, fell asleep for short periods(no more than 5 mins.) but saw the "incedent" live then again when I watched my recording of the race and also caught the last 30 laps of the replay of the race and every time JPM charges down the inside and sharply cuts infront of TM and shuts the door so to speak as TM is hard on the binders--TM held his line-at the rate JPM was overtaking what was he to do? go outside off-track-cut inside and collide with JPM ? no--he did what was right and held his line and what happened? JPM cuts directly in front takes the air off of TM's front wing and then blames TM for his(JPM's) blunder :blink::blink::blink::blink::lol:

:blink: First off I dvr'd it as the race started at 5am, fell asleep for short periods(no more than 5 mins.) but saw the "incedent" live then again when I watched my recording of the race and also caught the last 30 laps of the replay of the race and every time JPM charges down the inside and sharply cuts infront of TM and shuts the door so to speak as TM is hard on the binders--TM held his line-at the rate JPM was overtaking what was he to do? go outside off-track-cut inside and collide with JPM ? no--he did what was right and held his line and what happened? JPM cuts directly in front takes the air off of TM's front wing and then blames TM for his(JPM's) blunder :blink:

pumpdoc, I don't disagree that JPM's move was a colossal blunder, and he paid an appropriate price for such a boneheaded move, but TM is REQUIRED to move aside when shown a blue flag, not make the race leaders go off line to get around them. It is lapped traffic that must move off line when the leaders are about to overtake them, particularly when you're 2 laps down, even if it is inconvenient.

read my other synopsys in the other thread and I'll add this in watching it in slo-mo not even the corner marshals have a flag out and the one's just up track don't apear to have any out also---and as a marshal you should know that drivers are instructed to hold a steady line when being overtaken--TM had no place to go but straight if he goes inside JPM rams him if he goes outside he's off track B)