Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Istanbul Race Thread

read my other synopsys in the other thread and I'll add this in watching it in slo-mo not even the corner marshals have a flag out and the one's just up track don't apear to have any out also---and as a marshal you should know that drivers are instructed to hold a steady line when being overtaken--TM had no place to go but straight if he goes inside JPM rams him if he goes outside he's off track B)

Okay, I don't want to get into a big argument over this, but yes, there is a general rule in raicng that requires you to maintain your line when you're being overtaken, but that rule is intended to prevent blocking between drivers fighting for position, and has no application to drivers being lapped.

I'll have to watch it again to see if TM hadn't received any blue flags, although I accept what you're saying about the corner marshalls (and if they weren't showing TM a blue flag, it's likely the other marshalls weren't showing them either). Perhaps some of the blame must be laid at the feet of the marshalls then? (Perish the thought!!!!!)

Having said that TM knows where he is in the race, and the last time I checked, even the Jordans were equiped with mirrors. He either knew it was a leader coming up on him (due to the closing speeds if nothing else) or should have known, and had ample opportunity to get out of the way before going so deep into the corner.

Okay, I don't want to get into a big argument over this, but yes, there is a general rule in raicng that requires you to maintain your line when you're being overtaken, but that rule is intended to prevent blocking between drivers fighting for position, and has no application to drivers being lapped.

I'll have to watch it again to see if TM hadn't received any blue flags, although I accept what you're saying about the corner marshalls (and if they weren't waiving any blue flags, it's likely the other marshalls weren't showing them either). Perhaps some of the blame must be laid at the feet of the marshalls then? (Perish the thought!!!!!)

Having said that TM knows where he is in the race, and the last time I checked, even the Jordans were equiped with mirrors. He either knew it was a leader coming up on him (due to the closing speeds if nothing else) or should have known, and had ample opportunity to get out of the way before going so deep into the corner.

I would think it is driver logic because if you're aware and your checking your mirrors and finally see a car your not fighting against with horns, you would immediately take your foot of the pedal let them ease by and make sure they are a car length ahead before thinking about where your braking point is now going to be being as out of sink as you are. It was TM's fault we all know that but a driver using their brain would do what I have done above safely.

I would think it is driver logic because if you're aware and your checking your mirrors and finally see a car your not fighting against with horns, you would immediately take your foot of the pedal let them ease by and make sure they are a car length ahead before thinking about where your braking point is now going to be being as out of sink as you are. It was TM's fault we all know that but a driver using their brain would do what I have done above safely.

Hey schumi13,

Y'know, for someone as young as you are, you've got a damn good head on your shoulders........

It might help if JPM was smarter.  Was the move necessary on a car that was laps down?  JPM could have easily gotten around TM without using such an agressive move.

If JPM couldn't avoid Schumi in the tunnel at Safety Car speed, how can you expect TM to avoid JPM at top speed?

I am not disagreeing with you on this one I am simple extending your view. Montoya in Monaco was fully to blame for that no doubt but this time Montoya took the position ahead of TM and then cut back to get onto the racing line and to not run over any debris brushed from the racing line to the dirty part of the circuit. Maybe he was warned about Mark's and Michael's incident earlier and didn't want to collect a puncture whilst off line.

maybe he secretley hates flavio

who could blame him?? I can't imagine having the guy for a manager and Team Principle - you can't understand a word the guys says..... it's like...... uhhhhhh what???? :blink::blink::huh::huh:

Alonso understands Flavio because spanish and Italian are so close and Fisi understands him because they are both Italian

Alonso understands Flavio because spanish and Italian are so close and Fisi understands him because they are both Italian

Yeah, but imagine that poor Aussie b#####d Webbo trying to make sense of out him. Then again, he's been his manager for a while, so he must be able to figure it............. :unsure::unsure:

Exciting race in my opinion. Much deserved win by Kimi whilst Alonso was lucky to get 2nd, but a solid drive anyways. What Massa was doing making such a banzai move at the start I do not know. JV on the other hand made a bad start, basically allowing the Jordan's and Minardi's through as they were trying to go 4 abreast into one corner, and JV backed off. I understand why considering the 'eventful' races JV has had of late. After that he made some good clean passes and held a solid pace, easily keeping a trouble free Ralf behind him (I know Ralf is rubbish but the Toyota is far superior to the Sauber). I'm happy as he got to the end and got himself a solid quali slot for Monza, whilst I'm disappointed seeing as JV threw away a top 10 grid slot on Saturday, and the possibility of points with that (1 or 2 at most).