Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Rumour : Ms To Mclaren!

Don't think so. RD has said that he wants KR to stay with the team forever, and if MS comes, and demands a no1 status then KR is guaranteed to leave.

Plus, Mclaren don't really need MS. They have two good drivers already.

Their biggest flaw is reliability, and if they have that sorted out, the championship can rotate around both of them plus FA.

Don't think so. RD has said that he wants KR to stay with the team forever, and if MS comes, and demands a no1 status then KR is guaranteed to leave.

Their biggest flaw is reliability, and if they have that sorted out, the championship can rotate around both of them plus FA.

Not really if that did happen which seems to me very highly unlikey with someone who seems quite commited to the team, KR would probably settle for no.2 driver or if not McLaren would do a joined no.1 status like '88. If Michael wasn't and didn't believe in the Ferrari he would have left in '98. But then that would not be achieving his goals.

It 'aint gonna' happen in my opinion, it would go against everything that he has believed in over the last 13 years.

JS.

It 'aint gonna' happen in my opinion, it would go against everything that he has believed in over the last 13 years.

JS.

Exactly, Michael would never join a team with a driver of the quality of Kimi Raikkonen already in it.

Exactly, Michael would never join a team with a driver of the quality of Kimi Raikkonen already in it.

He would but that isn't the point. He saw Ferrari as a challenge and if you leave that challenge with all the friends you have made in the team with all the experience of Ferrari and go to something different, it does question 'What on earth are you doing'. If Kimi joined Ferrari instead of Massa this year it would be clear that the 7 times world champion would come out on top.

He would but that isn't the point. He saw Ferrari as a challenge and if you leave that challenge with all the friends you have made in the team with all the experience of Ferrari and go to something different, it does question 'What on earth are you doing'. If Kimi joined Ferrari instead of Massa this year it would be clear that the 7 times world champion would come out on top.

Michael simply wouldn

Absolutelly. This new is just a rumor and it makes no sense at al!!!!!!!! :blink:

Younger talent is always excellent to see but Kimi is the real champion; although Alonso has talent if he sticks with Renault then he will be going nowhere fast. Don't get me wrong I think very highly of the two but I do think Michael does deserve some respect for the achievements he has made by everyone.

I think you have misunderstood. I, like a great many people, rank Kimi and Fernando above Michael in terms of current pace. I am not disrespecting Michael at all; he is a phenomenal driver and has been highly successful. I don

Younger talent is always excellent to see but Kimi is the real champion; although Alonso has talent if he sticks with Renault then he will be going nowhere fast. Don't get me wrong I think very highly of the two but I do think Michael does deserve some respect for the achievements he has made by everyone.

I

I think you have misunderstood.  I, like a great many people, rank Kimi and Fernando above Michael in terms of current pace.  I am not disrespecting Michael at all; he is a phenomenal driver and has been highly successful.  I don

a fanatic is a fanatic....i don't believe all the crabs that u've said ... sorry! Senna is great, so are the rest of the F1 champs, incl. MS, if u don't like him or whoever that might be, better don't speak on his or their behalf...k? that kind of comment u made is totally distorted & full with lies.. bcoz u a fanatic...that's why

Is a fact that MS has had allways craps teammates. I do agree with Senna, MS is not brave enough to have KR or FA as temmates. MS is a legend but he has never had a proper teammate

Is a fact that MS has had allways craps teammates. I do agree with Senna, MS is not brave enough to have KR or FA  as temmates. MS is a legend but he has never had a proper teammate

I would agree with you but I do not see the point in rivalry in a team as it just breaks it up. It is better to have rivals in other teams and no.1 drivers to have supporting no.2 drivers. He would be brave but then again he only gets to agree not to decide.

What is it one more pole till MS holds every meaningful record in F1? Perhaps the challenge he craves most is to beat the next fastest driver in equal machinery. (I won't debate who is the next best to MS but nobody can deny that KR is extremely fast when the car stays together)

Numbers don't really mean a lot but if he can walk away from his last year or two and know he was a couple of tenths faster I'm sure it would give him a sense of satisfaction.

I would agree with you but I do not see the point in rivalry in a team as it just breaks it up. It is better to have rivals in other teams and no.1 drivers to have supporting no.2 drivers. He would be brave but then again he only gets to agree not to decide.

Well, not only does this policy raise doubts about Michael

I stop reading the rest of your post after this opener - Incredulous :blink:

Well, there was your error as I explained my position in greater detail later on. I was of course referring to the difficulty of assessing Michael

can we stop about the senna prost partnership already? when was the last time you saw a team win a championship with 2 top level drivers. the closest I can think of is GF and FA this year but then GF's season has been deliberately sabotaged. mclaren were in a priveledged position of having a far faster car in 88. also the fact is drivers are paid a lot, having 2 top class drivers would be a financial strain on a team. I dont see 88 happening again.

Obviously Michael is one of the all-time greats but his absolute stats have been greatly aided by the superb quality of his machinery

thats not true, he's had quite a few seasons with poorer machinery also.

Its not just Ferrari and Michael, I don't see any time having 2 top drivers in their team together in the near future.

can we stop about the senna prost partnership already? when was the last time you saw a team win a championship with 2 top level drivers. the closest I can think of is GF and FA this year but then GF's season has been deliberately sabotaged. mclaren were in a priveledged position of having a far faster car in 88. also the fact is drivers are paid a lot, having 2 top class drivers would be a financial strain on a team. I dont see 88 happening again.

thats not true, he's had quite a few seasons with poorer machinery also.

I certainly agree; '88 was very risky for McLaren and I said before they only put two top drivers to show they desperation for another constructors crown at the time. I am sure they have learnt from such mistake.

Not really if that did happen which seems to me very highly unlikey with someone who seems quite commited to the team, KR would probably settle for no.2 driver or if not McLaren would do a joined no.1 status like '88. If Michael wasn't and didn't believe in the Ferrari he would have left in '98. But then that would not be achieving his goals.

Well i dont think Kimi will stay with Mclaren cos he did treaten to leave if their reliability didnt improve which is now sorted Kimi is loyal to Mclaren but he wont settle for number 2 cos he is a world champion.