Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kup

1994 If As Be Alive

why didn't anyone tell the Michelin runners that at Indy?

Because Shumacher wouldnt win any race this season... :P pure logic...! :lol:

Because Shumacher wouldnt win any race this season... :P pure logic...! :lol:

given his form and the car he had for most of the season he didn't deserve to win... and that's coming from a heruge Schumi and Ferrari fan.

Still.. at least the cars coming good (or better) now.... just a teensy bit late :naughty:

I really have no clue and I really don't remember alot of 1994 so I can't make any judgements.

I remember it as if were yesterday. You are right though, the Williams FW16, without the electronic gismos that had made its immediate predecessors so dominant, was very nervous and unpredictable at the beginning of 1994. It didn

I remember it as if were yesterday. You are right though, the Williams FW16, without the electronic gismos that had made its immediate predecessors so dominant, was very nervous and unpredictable at the beginning of 1994. It didn

You are so right, why can't they go back to that style of Quali. where a DRIVER could show off his skill, and Senna was so mega!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! If a driver gets pole these days it means next to nothing: drivers get one run, they go out at a set time and in a set order and thus face often drastically different conditions (sometimes its just track temperature etc, other times one driver can set his lap in the wet and another sets his lap in the dry!), varying fuel loads also add to make it a totally unrepresentative, flawed and unfair system. The pre-2003 qualifying system was much better than what we have today. Sure, nothing happened at the beginning but this built up excitement and then it got really hectic at the end! The important thing to note is that under the old qualifying system we were guaranteed a genuine, representative and fair system. Furthermore, the small teams benefited as they often did their laps at the beginning, when the big players remained in their garages, and thus got lots of TV coverage, much more so than they get under a single lap qualifying system

Yes i`d like OLD 1h Qualy with NO limit of laps, but limit of just ONE tyre set.

It`s so easy - dunno why FiA made it one-by-one - like it`s Rally or smth.

Yes i`d like OLD 1h Qualy with NO limit of laps, but limit of just ONE tyre set.

It`s so easy - dunno why FiA made it one-by-one - like it`s Rally or smth.

The old qualifying system, without change, was and is the best.

The old qualifying system, without change, was and is the best.

TESTIFY!!!

Furthermore, the small teams benefited as they often did their laps at the beginning, when the big players remained in their garages, and thus got lots of TV coverage, much more so than they get under a single lap qualifying system

ironically that's one of the reasons they changed quali, for small teams to get more exposure to attract sponsors.

Indeed, just another example of FIA bumbling

Since `90s i was watching F-1 at Spring-Autumn and NBA Autumn-Spring.

And F-1 is much more cruel sport ... (sadly)

Just yesterday i realized in 50 years of F-1 there were 4 "on-track" death of Champions: Ascari, Clark, Rindt, Senna.

And i become very sad, as they may live and show us all their abilities ...

Good that Hakkinen (Aus`95) and Schum (Gbr`99) are alive, else F-1 history could be much different story with MH without wins at all, and MS 2-times WDC (mostly of AS death) ...

Who could be 2+times WDC in 98-2004 if MH and MS died ?

DC, JV, RB, else ? maybe RS, JPM, KR could be 1-time WDC already ...

Does anybody wants it .?.

Since `90s i was watching F-1 at Spring-Autumn and NBA Autumn-Spring.

And F-1 is much more cruel sport ... (sadly)

Just yesterday i realized in 50 years of F-1 there were 4 "on-track" death of Champions: Ascari, Clark, Rindt, Senna.

And i become very sad, as they may live and show us all their abilities ...

Good that Hakkinen (Aus`95) and Schum (Gbr`99) are alive, else F-1 history could be much different story with MH without wins at all, and MS 2-times WDC (mostly of AS death) ...

Who could be 2+times WDC in 98-2004 if MH and MS died ?

DC, JV, RB, else ? maybe RS, JPM, KR could be 1-time WDC already ...

Does anybody wants it .?.

This is pointless speculation. However, I shall make one brief point. F1 would have been very different if Ayrton Senna had not died. I suspect that he would have retired in 1999 or 2000 and would have certainly won more titles, races, poles and fastest laps etc than he has to name. Senna only raced in 10 full seasons of F1 and only contested 162 Grand Prix. In contrast Michael Schumacher has already contested 232 Grand Prix. Would Jacques Villeneuve have been a Williams driver in 1996 if Ayrton had not died, would Michael Schumacher be a seven times world champion if Ayrton had not died, probably not is the answer.

I think AS could live Williams after 1997 WDC and to rest as Prost,

or else AS could switch to McLaren again and win 98-99 too,

or at least in 1994-97-99 - AS can w/o doubt be in Top-3 every season.

I just wonder who can be 2-time WDC if MH and MS died or have bad health (as Zanardi, etc)

Who are best drivers in 96-2005 ten yesrs ?

I think: DC, RB, JV are Top-3 in 96-00, and JPM, KR, FA are Top-3 in 2001-05.