Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

The Button Sage Continues....

With only five races remaining in the 2005 season it appears as if the Williams/BAR/Button saga is no closer to be finalized. BAR have revealed that they will pay out the Englishman

The title should read SAGA and not SAGE. It is amazing to see what a little bit of alcohol can do to you. :)

:lol: Nick Fry is a pretty arrogant fella going on the quote about money and Williams. Yet more drivel from him, but I've become accustomed to it this year.

Honda are really showing themselves as not in the right racing mode, first they bring in Sato, then they want to pay Williams 80 MILLION!!!! As good as he is, and he's pretty good, Button isn't worth a quarter of that. Going on what JB says, then it looks like there will be a seat at Williams, a seat at BAR, and a crappy year for Button fans whilst their boy twiddles his thumbs at home telling himself not to be so eager to sign a contract next time around!

Frank could well give up in the end though, as itv-f1 said in turkey, frank will keep saying no till a deal that he likes come up!

JB's salary ( if it ends up in 80 mill range) would make him the second highest paid driver in the grid does'nt it, behind MS?

Its all speculation at the moment. Personally I don't believe Jenson would choose not to drive at all in 2006. I would be so appauled if that were to happen. If an agreement cannot be reached, Jenson would be better off giving it a go at Williams in Winter testing at the very least.

:lol: Nick Fry is a pretty arrogant fella going on the quote about money and Williams. Yet more drivel from him, but I've become accustomed to it this year.

Honda are really showing themselves as not in the right racing mode, first they bring in Sato, then they want to pay Williams 80 MILLION!!!! As good as he is, and he's pretty good, Button isn't worth a quarter of that. Going on what JB says, then it looks like there will be a seat at Williams, a seat at BAR, and a crappy year for Button fans whilst their boy twiddles his thumbs at home telling himself not to be so eager to sign a contract next time around!

If that

This just looks like mere unconfirmed rumour Monty. I doubt Jenson would opt to take a sabbatical over a Williams drive, if he had to go there. We saw what happened with JV when he did that (of course JV was forced out of BAR though). I would vehemently advise against it.

if BAR (Honda) pay Williams enough, JB remain in BAR.

Else .. he will quit from 2006 season for a coffe break =)

of go to A-1-GP as past F-1 drivers

and kick all asses of past F-1 heroes

=)

Race for Williams or nobody?

I doubt Frank would do that to Jenson and the british fans, screw up the career of the best British F1 driver we have had in a while? screw up the career of the next possible British World Champion? Would Frank really do that? I wouldn't have thought so, but still this is F1 and anything can happen.

I doubt Williams would turn down an offer to buy Jenson though, they need the money to pay for that Cosworth engine supply. Losing BMW backing is a big blow to Williams. They are never going to recover from this, they will probably be the next privateer team to sell up!

Race for Williams or nobody?

I doubt Frank would do that to Jenson and the british fans, screw up the career of the best British F1 driver we have had in a while? screw up the career of the next possible British World Champion? Would Frank really do that? I wouldn't have thought so, but still this is F1 and anything can happen.

I doubt Williams would turn down an offer to buy Jenson though, they need the money to pay for that Cosworth engine supply.

Indeed and BAR Honda would gladly give Sir Frank many millions of dollars in compensation, perhaps along with Davidson. Williams would be wise to accept the financial compensation package if the current reports are accurate. There are supposedly huge sums of money involved and Sir Frank already has two capable, if not outstanding, drivers in Mark and Nick.

Lol, indeed it does. Thanks for that Monty, i'm sure he'll get over this though. Although it could hinder Buttons' chances of a successful career.

JS.

Lol, indeed it does. Thanks for that Monty, i'm sure he'll get  over this though. Although it could hinder Buttons' chances of a successful career.

JS.

I doubt it and it

Look at Jacques(I know it was for more time) but he took time out and when he returned, he had lost a lot of confidence and could no longer drive like he used to.

JS.

Exactly. If these rumours are true, it is yet another example of intensely poor decision making at the BAR squad. How on Earth could they justify spending $80M on Jenson Button who is optimistically only the fourth best driver on the grid? Buying FA or KR for $80M probably doesn't even make sense when you consider what sort of benefit that money could have in technical development but paying that much for Button is surely ridiculous.

Sir Frank already has two capable, if not outstanding, drivers in Mark and Nick.

Neither of the drivers you mention is outstanding and neither are better or even as good as Button. I can understand why Sir Frank would want to hold onto Button but assuming BAR could make him whole on broken sponsorship deals and find a decent replacement, eg Heidfeld, then Sir Frank would be smart to take an additional cash payment to more than make up the difference in talent. My guess is that this sum is on the order of $25M but not near $80M, that sounds ludicrous.

indeed.

I can quite imagine the only reason its taking this long is so frank can get a larger sum of money for JB!

[quote name='bajo39' date='Aug 28 2005, 10:09 PM'][b]Neither of the drivers you mention is outstanding and neither are better or even as good as Button. [/b] I can understand why Sir Frank would want to hold onto Button but assuming BAR could make him whole on broken sponsorship deals and find a decent replacement, eg Heidfeld, then Sir Frank would be smart to take an additional cash payment to more than make up the difference in talent.

indeed.

I can quite imagine the only reason its taking this long is so frank can get a larger sum of money for JB!

Yes, prolonging the situation is likely to frighten BAR Honda into giving Sir Frank more money in a desperate bid to keep their golden boy.