Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutoRacer5

Ima Got Bad News 4 All Of You

Hurricane Katrina is heading straight for New Orleans Louisiana, and I'm from a town very close to New Orleans Louisiana. If it goes badly, my house could be lost, and yes, this sucks. Look on the bright side though, I have my new computer with me :D . I evacuated to a cousin's house in Houston Texas. Wish me luck and hope that the house isnt gone when I return on Tuesday or maybe on Wednesday.

Really bad news... :( I wish your house will be ok when you got back home. All the best for you and all the people of that area

Hurricane Katrina is heading straight for New Orleans Louisiana, and I'm from a town very close to New Orleans Louisiana. If it goes badly, my house could be lost, and yes, this sucks. Look on the bright side though, I have my new computer with me :D . I evacuated to a cousin's house in Houston Texas. Wish me luck and hope that the house isnt gone when I return on Tuesday or maybe on Wednesday.

:o I hope your house withstands nature AutoRacer5. I can

Duh, it's freakin cold as hell up there. anyway I got news that its shifted a bit to the east, but the winds are heavyer. Conversation between my dad and myself:

Me: Dad, if there are going to be 150+mph winds, there's gonna be glass all over the place. we should put our plywood up over the windows.

Dad: Son, if there are 150+mph winds, there's not even gonna be a house here.

I've evacuated from hurricanes before.

1992: Andrew

1998: Georges

2003: Lily

2004: Ivan

2005: Almost went for Dennis, left for Katrina

BTW: I have my dad's old (1930's) Indianapolis 500 programs as well as most of my die-cast collection in a car at the airport parking lot, floor 4 (in America the ground floor is the first floor). I have my models and F1 die-cast with me in Houston Texas. Wish me luck.

That

Ivan tore up a lot of stuff.

Hurricane definition: Lots of rain, heavy winds, all at same time.

Well, all the best with that, hope that you get out of this ok. Atleast your computer is safe eh? lol

JS.

B) I'll take a California E'quake over a hurricane any time, best of luck ar5

Hi m8, did anything happen to your house in the other hurricanes??

Good luck and hope that nothing is damage in your house

Forgot to mention: Buttonfan lives in a flood prone area not far from where the hurricane's gonna hit, wish him luck as well.

As for the hurricanes: I had damage from Andrew in 1992 because the wind blew something off the roof, nothing more than that.

Just remember, stuff can be replaced. The most important thing is that you had enough warning that you and your family could get out of the storm's path, and are no longer at risk. Instead, pity those too stupid or ill to leave. The most recent estimates put the number of those still inside the city at 300K.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about New Orleans, but it ain't like Miami or Jacksonville, The Big Easy is going to be one messed up city when this is done. The news reports make it sound pretty grim.

Good luck guys, let's hope some twist of fate spares you the worst.

Like I said, at least I got my new computer lol. The hurricane's made landfall from what I've heard, and is moving through quickly. School's closed, which is a bummer because there is school on the week of the Indianapolis 500 and the make up days will go past that. Oh well, fly up Friday, Fly down Sunday night.