Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 SamB

Worst driver in F1

Gee Sam you make it hard.

The talented ones generally have no people skills & the no-hopers are nice guys.

Of the current drivers.

MS 10 for talent 3 for nice

RB   8 for talent 8 for nice

MH  9 for talent 6 for nice

DC   8 for talent 8 for nice

RS   8 for talent 8 for nice

JPM 7 for talent 3 for nice

GF   who cares

JB   4 for talent 6 for nice

JV   6 for talent 3 for nice

OP  who cares

HHF 6 for talent 4 for nice

JT   who cares

JVstpn ditto

EB ditto

NH ditto

KR   7 for talent 7 for nice

EI   6 for talent -3for nice

LB nobody

FA well named

TM   4 for talent 2 for nice

JA   5 for talent 8 for nice

GM who?

without a doubt, the worst driver in my opinion was ukyo katayama.

I even saw that guy crash into the pitlane before he crossed the start line.  He was a chump.

I loved watching Alan Jones doing his commentary, when the camera would switch to the kat, he would always say 'And there is Ukyo, just working our which corner he will go off on today..."

Hey Jaggy, thanx I forgot UK!

I was at the Melbourne GP a couple of years ago & we formed an unofficial Katayama fan club.

The idea being to predict when he would crash.

In final practice he surprised everyone by not having an accident---------------------------------------------------------------- until he entered pit lane after the session had finished!

You could also pick from a string of drivers who passed through Formula One from '90 to '96 like McLarens lap people...who remembers Mimo Schiaterella, or Giovanni Lavaggi...??

My pick for worst of recent years is Ricardo Rosset...

Of all time - I couldn't agree more that Ukyo takes the title hands down.

Other honorable mentions though should include Zanardi, Diniz & this seasons cream of the crop Marques.

hey i dont know much of old times but of new times ........tarso marques gives bad drivers a bad name .......

my dad used to race with JV in formula atlantic and rumor has it jaque had a big ego and was really c##Ky, so i'll take his word for it and say hes the worst personality wise.

ability wise its hard to say because how competitive would Schumi be in a minardi? granted hed probably still qualify for all the races unlike a certain other guy (coughtarsomarquescough) i doubt he could do in a prost what he does in a ferrari. i mean if you look at their past experience before formula1, they all have similar track records (kart champions, f3000 champions, Demolition Derby Champions ect..) but if i had to choose one, id say Rubens barichello because hes done the least with the best equipment.

i agree that schumacher is the best, but its a bit harder to measure who the worst is. you have to take into account the situation their in and what they'v made of it. i think any of the other drivers in the feild could step into a ferrari and do a better job than barichello has.

Im agreeing with KevinF Schumi is the best at present driving wise, niceness i would say is seriously lacking, made up for in arrogance though!! But as for RB he hasn't exactly, how should i put this? impressed much makes you wonder what he'd be like in a minardi doesnt it?!

Tania

Not sure what you mean by "nobody!!!"

If you mean that no-one should be rated the worst then what is the use of racing in the first place?

After all the whole idea of a race is to see who is the fastest & the WDC determines who is the best for the year. Now, if there is a best then logically there must also be a worst.

Or did you mean Schumi would be a nobody in a Minardi? Interesting mental exercise that one.

As one of our politicians often says "Please explain"

im saying that to figure out who the best and worse are, you have to see who can get the most out of their equipment and who gets the least out of their equipment, because if you measure it just in standings its flawed because no two teams are equal. thats how i arrived at my choices.

All F1 pilots deserve credit for being able to hold those cars on the track of course some are better some are not that good but all in all they risk their lives every 2 weeks or so just for us to say that one of them stinks so i don't think we should start a debate on this topic!

In every area there are some who will be the last it's inevitable, f1 is no exception so let's concentrate on who's the best i say MS of course! :) )

most definatley...

Think about it, only 22 guys in the whole world can actually say they are F1 race drivers.

Even the 'pay for a seat drivers' need to have some skill, although in reality, there would be better drivers, without the sponsorship to get a seat that deserve it.

Ana, in this era, MS is the best, no doubt, but the line of drivers hoping to de-thrown him is massive! :)

Which is what we're saying...

Tarso Marques is quote often about a second behind his team mate - any other team simply wouldn't stand for it. He's a positively mediocre driver compared to all the other drivers he has raced against in the past - I think out of all the championships he has raced in, he has only won something like a Formula Fiesta challenge, or some such other nonsense...

As for Michael Schumacher, he's the best all-round package - not the best driver - he's the same as Alain Prost - a thinker.

On their days, David Coulthard, Mika Hakkinen, Rubens Barrichello and Ralf are all better drivers, they're just not as consistent, strategic or adaptable.