Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

$90m May Change Frank's Mind

Ridiculous yes but this is the BAR Honda management that we

True, but in todays modern F1 world, keeping JB at BAR has less to do with his ability to win races than it has to do with his ability to bring in the sponsor dollars/pounds. Its also an opportunity for BAR to further demonstrate their new dominance as Britain's premier F1 Team, having essentially usurped Williams from the throne.

Remeber that for the Teams, the real prize is the constructor's championship, not the WDC, and JB publicly declaring his desire to do whatever it takes to remain with the team that only last year he couldn't leave soon enough is a huge PR coup for Williams. Although I agree that JB isn't worth all the trouble, little own that much money, I can certainly understand both Williams and BAR milking the situation for all its worth, as whichever Team loses him for next year also risks losing significant sponsorship money.

I disagree. If Button does not live up to his boastful annoucements next year, he stands a good chance of becoming someones liability. Iy may be the team that does not have him comes up the winner.

True, but in todays modern F1 world, keeping JB at BAR has less to do with his ability to win races than it has to do with his ability to bring in the sponsor dollars/pounds. Its also an opportunity for BAR to further demonstrate their new dominance as Britain's premier F1 Team, having essentially usurped Williams from the throne.

Remeber that for the Teams, the real prize is the constructor's championship, not the WDC, and JB publicly declaring his desire to do whatever it takes to remain with the team that only last year he couldn't leave soon enough is a huge PR coup for Williams. Although I agree that JB isn't worth all the trouble, little own that much money, I can certainly understand both Williams and BAR milking the situation for all its worth, as whichever Team loses him for next year also risks losing significant sponsorship money.

But of course if Sir Frank doesn