Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Renault, Mclaren 'admit' To Team Orders

with inserted comments for spice.

Q: To Gianfranco and Juan Pablo, although team orders are banned, do you have a plan?  ;)   ;)   ;)

Juan Pablo Montoya: From my point of view, I have to do the best I can for the team. Using the example of Hungary, I let Kimi by on the first lap because he was on a weaker strategy and he needed to be further up to take advantage of that. In a way I handed it to him but it would have looked silly if I had been out of the race later on and Michael had won it, so if an opportunity comes up like that to help then yeah, but that's as far as it goes.

Giancarlo Fisichella: In our team the most important thing is to score lots of points for the Constructors' Championship and Fernando has a good gap in the Drivers' Championship so he doesn't need help any more. ED: ie he needed it earlier and got it.

HAHAHAHA...

And here all the mclaren fans have been going on about how what Mclaren did in Hungary was different to Renault in Turkey...

Its completely understandably though... Since Ferrari do it even when they aren't in the championship race!!!

Although - if the slower car is infront one it would be stupid to hold it up -it's just common sense!!

Indeed. these are no more team orders than what ferrari have done for years. Utterly pathetic and i dont give a **** what they do, so long as theres good racing. In my opinion if there is a faster car behind you and its your teamate challenging for a WDC and WCC you may as well help them on their way and in turn yourself helping to get you team maximum points for the WCC!

Although - if the slower car is infront one it would be stupid to hold it up -it's just common sense!!

EXACTLY... Otherwise it the other driver in your team wouldn't be called your TEAM-MATE. Obviously it should be give and take though... Unlike Ferrari!