Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markus5a

Red Bull To Buy Minardi

could this be really true that red bull is going to have 2 formula 1 teams?

seems a little strange...

why then don't they just buy formula 1? :P

red bull usa, so they can have scott speed and presumably another american driver, and to market themselves in the USA. Its all for marketing purposes!

odd what is the point of 2 teams for a funny tasting drink company, why dont they spend the money into improving RB?

I personally dont like Red Bull drink but obviously alot of people do. I heard that a red bull drink is sold every 10 seconds worldwide. Thats alot of Red Bull

odd what is the point of 2 teams for a funny tasting drink company, why dont they spend the money into improving RB?

Aha!

I personally dont like Red Bull drink but obviously alot of people do. I heard that a red bull drink is sold every 10 seconds worldwide. Thats alot of Red Bull

There's a lot more than that sold. If it were only one every 10 seconds, that would only amount to 3 million cans a year, which sounds like a lot, but it's only 360 cans every hour, or about 8,000 cans a day. Put another way, if only 1 out of every 100 Americans bought only one can each year, that would make 3 million cans. I don't know what the real numbers are, but they are far far far far far more than that. :o:o:o:o:o:o:o

There's a lot more than that sold. If it were only one every 10 seconds, that would only amount to 3 million cans a year, which sounds like a lot, but it's only 360 cans every hour, or about 8,000 cans a day. Put another way, if only 1 out of every 100 Americans bought only one can each year, that would make 3 million cans. I don't know what the real numbers are, but they are far far far far far more than that. :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o

Obviously but I don't like the stuff at all. I bought one can at the airport in Beijing for 40 RMB (US$5) which I thought was bloody expensive for a can of soda but I wanted to try it. The stuff tastes like syrup, its revolting! Have you ever had it Jay?

That would deffently improve the Red Bull team. Presumably they would share all their car data so they can double their strength.

I don't think so as Minardi I believe when they bought out Arrows, thought they could improve their own car and did not; Maybe it was just because Paul wanted more cars to add to his collection of one seater driving experiences.

Red Bull sponsor about 3 different teams in GP2 and it is very hard to tell the difference between teams! Red bull have SERIOUSLY bought in to the motor sports industry... they sponsor some of the audi's in DTM... personally I think they're secretly plotting to take over the world

Red Bull sponsor about 3 different teams in GP2 and it is very hard to tell the difference between teams!  Red bull have SERIOUSLY bought in to the motor sports industry... they sponsor some of the audi's in DTM... personally I think they're secretly plotting to take over the world

:D I'm sure they will consider taking over the world! :lol:

The bad news: no more underdog for us to cheer for,

The good news: SCOTT SPEED! AMERICAN PWN4G3

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=96793

seems as if red bull really is interested in also buying minardi for creating a red bull team usa. they're said to meet paul stoddart on sunday

Hi to everybody!!!After two months of absence I'm finally back from my holydays...I'm at home and I'm gonna go at the track today and tomorrow to watch the race...I think this is just a way to avoid the rule that allows a single team to run just two car on the grid....In such a way Red Bull would have 4 cars on the grid and it would be the perfect solution to keep all his four drivers (Coulthard,Klien,Liuzzi and Speed) and let them race..It would also give many Red Bull young talented drivers the chance to race in F.1 in the future, for example drivers such as Neel Jani or Colin Fleming would have the chance to be test drivers next year....

Hi to everybody!!!After two months of absence I'm finally back from my holydays...I'm at home and I'm gonna go at the track today and tomorrow to watch the race...I think this is just a way to avoid the rule that allows a single team to run just two car on the grid....In such a way Red Bull would have 4 cars on the grid and it would be the perfect solution to keep all his four drivers (Coulthard,Klien,Liuzzi and Speed) and let them race..It would also give many Red Bull young talented drivers the chance to race in F.1 in the future, for example drivers such as Neel Jani or Colin Fleming would have the chance to be test drivers next year....

Agreed. On the plus side, the Red Bull car would be quite competitive with twice the work done on it so that is great news for David Coulthard.

I like Red Bull, but it causes havoc with you teeth as I have found to my misfortune :(

As for the idea of having a second team, that would be a stupid thing to do not necessarily from their point of view, but from F1 audience prospective.

Earlier this year in England, The governing authorities stopped 'Tesco' (already and is still the biggest supermarket chain here) from buying the 'Spar' brand I think it was because of the fear they would dominate the market and lead to substantial decrease in competition... I think the FIA should do likewise and tell everyone that you can only have one team. Sharing engines is fine because the teams still remain independent, but having two teams would make F1 less competitive for having 4 cars on the grid sharing everything and working together.

Welcome back mate! You have been sorely missed!

I like Red Bull, but it causes havoc with you teeth as I have found to my misfortune :(

As for the idea of having a second team, that would be a stupid thing to do not necessarily from their point of view, but from F1 audience prospective.

Earlier this year in England, The governing authorities stopped 'Tesco' (already and is still the biggest supermarket chain here) from buying the 'Spar' brand I think it was because of the fear they would dominate the market and lead to substantial decrease in competition... I think the FIA should do likewise and tell everyone that you can only have one team. Sharing engines is fine because the teams still remain independent, but having two teams would make F1 less competitive for having 4 cars on the grid sharing everything and working together.

If Red Bull are thinking about buying Minardi then their obviously isnt a rule about one company owning two teams. If Red Bull buy Minardi before a law is past saying they cant then i dont see how they can be forced to sell Minardi. Really they arnt doing anything wrong, Reb Bull will have to split their budget the run the two teams so each team wont have as much money but the advantage is that they can do twice as much testing as other teams and twice as much track time on race day.

"I dislike RBR; their team is very reminiscent of the McDonald's car in Champ Cars."

how so? McDonald's only sponsor the Newman-Haas car, it is a totally different situation to what Red Bull is doing. I don't know what to make of this though. I could see it happening, and it would be convenient politically as it would basically guarantee another team siding with Bernie, however I hear that Irvine is having serious talks with Stoddart, and that should Irvine and his consortium buy the team, Stoddy will still be in charge, which is a condition of any apparent buyout apparently.

"I dislike RBR; their team is very reminiscent of the McDonald's car in Champ Cars."

how so? McDonald's only sponsor the Newman-Haas car, it is a totally different situation to what Red Bull is doing.

I know but having a fast-food company as a major sponsor is not exactly glamorous. It is however worse when a soft drink company creates their own F1 team! I believe F1 must be glamorous. There