Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Italian Gp Winners + Losers ( Planet F1)

The Monster dominated at Monza, but it was his team-mate who provided all the entertainment. Saturday's engine failure for Kimi Raikkonen had already given us the outline picture of the race, though the McLaren driver gave us more detail than we were expecting for the finished picture.

Star of the Race

Juan-Pablo Montoya, McLaren-Mercedes, Winner

Juan controlled the race from the front, put in a number of fastest laps and when his tyre looked like wrecking the carefully-planned victory, adapted his driving style to keep Alonso comfortably at bay.

Though Raikkonen did well, this was an afternoon when Montoya did better. The Colombian

The verdict is out from the independent panel, and they seemed to think highly of JPM's victory and Taku's move on Trulli. I know bajo would want to discard this article as it goes against his views. :)

Lets see how the independent panel views compares to the views of this forum.

I had set up a post for us to post our winners and losers to compare, and Planetf1 seem to agree with me, and I'm pleased they agree Monty is the star of the race

Yeah, For the most part I gotta agree with this one!

Me too, although I thought a little more of Fisi' and Pizzaboy.

Anyway, a pretty accurate rating for all in my opinion.

JS.

Glad to see Taku's move didn't go completely unoticed!

Yup. I thought it was a good move too. It was his best performance so far this year. It's a shame that BAR c##ked up during his pit stop.

yeah shame.

am i the only one who finds this humourous:

Quote(P-F1):

He had trouble outpacing Taku until the team "accidentally" crammed the Japanese driver

Giancarlo Fisichella, Renault, 3rd

Despite a complete c##k-up in qualifying, Fisi managed to grab a podium. He was lucky that fate and a spin put paid to Raikkonen

yeah shame.

am i the only one who finds this humourous:

Quote(P-F1):

He had trouble outpacing Taku until the team "accidentally" crammed the Japanese driver

yes i see he does. When did sato get his 1?? Anyway the analysis is an opinion of whoever wrote it, and thus biased

yes i see he does. When did sato get his 1?? Anyway the analysis is an opinion of whoever wrote it, and thus biased

:lol:

Indeed. I prefer to stick to the facts not someone