Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

schumi13

How Will 2006 Unfold?

Who will be the 2006 World Drivers Champion?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2006 World Drivers Champion?

• Michael Schumacher
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Juan Pablo Montoya
    • Jenson Button
    • Others (please state below if not specified)

In F1 upredictability is the only certainty and going into 2006 will be another time that F1 goes into the unknown with V8 power. The question is who will come out on top best of the rest?

We have no way of knowing until the first race! most of our predictions before 05 were wrong. I remember most people, including me, saying renault were going to drop behind in 2005

We have no way of knowing until the first race! most of our predictions before 05 were wrong. I remember most people, including me, saying renault were going to drop behind in 2005

Well there's no harm voting is there. :P I suppose we might be wrong but what the hell.

2006 is a long way away.... We still have four races and the off season to go, but for what its worth here's my opinions:

It will be between Renault & Mclaren again, with Renault probably just taking advantage because of reliability. No doubt Ferrari will be a lot quick than this season, followed by Toyota, BAR, BMW, then Williams.

my prediction for WCC would be... Mclaren, Renault, BAR (with JB and RB), Toyota, Ferrari, Williams, BMW, RBR, RBRUSA, Midland

I want JB or FA to win next year, i want Kimi to never win, MWAHAHAHAHAHA [laughs in an evil tone]

JPM, as i think at 09-09-2005 =)

is by a tiny margin better for 2006 than others best drivers (MS, KR, FA, JB)...

imho

B) This should wait till at least they've run the 2006 spec cars, but i'll back Ferrari.. ;)

we don't even know who's going to be driving for whom in a couple of important spots. I'll reserve judgement until a couple weeks before the first race, although Kimi would be favourite, a very very early one at that.

well we shall start a proper 2006 predictions thread like last years 2005 one to discuss all this! It shudnt be done until at the very earliest xmas!

well we shall start a proper 2006 predictions thread like last years 2005 one to discuss all this! It shudnt be done until at the very earliest xmas!

...when everybody is on holiday!

what? Holiday over xmas, NEVER! Ive been in spain for xmas before, 2 years ago, it isnt as nice as being at home with your big xmas tree and presents under the tree!

One should be the most accurate possible in making such predictions....

1)I see that Honda and Toyota are at a very advanced stage with the evolution of their V8,while Renault and Bmw are still behind

2)Bridgestone is improving, even if slowly, and now they have two more teams on board (Toyota and Williams)

3)Michael Schumacher will be 37 by january, and he is already no more as quick as he used to be (Alonso and Kimi are better now) and he is still undecided about his future and will probably retire at the end of next season.

4)McLaren is the strongest team on the technical side now, and is likely to retain its leadership even in the V8 era.

So what's going to happen in my opinion?

I think next year McLaren will dominate the season and Kimi Raikkonen will finally clinch his title, with a good margin over team mate Montoya. Renault will fall a little backwards, but Fernando will show again his enormous talent before leaving the team for another (McLaren?!?).

So behind McLaren I can see Renault,Ferrari,Toyota and Honda quite on the same level, with the two japanese teams (BAR is gonna be bought by Honda in the next months) both very competitive.This means that Jenson Button will probably win his first race and so will Toyota.Bmw will be no more than a good midfield team next year like Red Bull and Williams. Rookie teams Midland (Sato and Monteiro\Albers) and RBR (Liuzzi and Speed\Karthikeyan) will fight it out at the back of the grid.

If Rosberg joins Williams,I expect him to surprise many people next year,and the same for Massa at Ferrari while Klien will continue to rise at Red Bull

I am predicting that Button will made good on his numerous promises and win the WDC in modest machinery. He is afterall, the best driver on the grid ;)

I am predicting that Button will made good on his numerous promises and win the WDC in modest machinery. He is afterall, the best driver on the grid ;)

:D:D:D

Closely followed by Sato who will be racing a Jordan!

Stop saying Schumacher will win again next year!!!!Alonso and Raikkonen are both better than him!

MS will now need superior equipment to win anothe WDC. Somthing I cant see happening though im sure he will win a few races next year!

I think his age is going to be a concern soon!

well he still seems as fit and fast as ever to me. Its sad that people change their driver rankings just cos they're driving better cars. MS is still the same MS from 2004, when no doubt everyone said he's the best driver. He still is

No i think FA and KR have caught up and overtaken, but the top 3 are very tight and close to each other!

Alonso has done a great job and always near the front but he's picked up a whole load of points from mclarens retiring. Apart from his conistency, he only impressed me at imola when he resisted MS. He has never beaten kimi in a straight fight, instead he has relied on mclaren's problems. I dont want to take anything away from his achievement but its for this reason that I still only rate him as about the 5th or 6th best driver